Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

n/a
deleted

480 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2010 :  09:02:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, Steve is now 4months old, weighing in at 19gr and measuring around 19in,
He fed on 2 x 3g pinkies last night and has done quite happily for the last 3 feeds, my question is this?
I have 1 x 3g pinkie left and 4 x 4g pinkies left, on his next feed is it ok to give him 1 x 3g and 1 x 4g pinkie, then the feed after 2x 4g pinkies or should i try and get him some more 3g pinkies?
I know in 5g time he can move onto small fuzzies so didn't really want to go mad buying too many more pinkies.

Anyway here are some latest pictures. He is not camera shy at all and loves the attention.

my feeding box!!! lol

1.0.0 Amel, Steve

WISH LIST: blue tongue skink.

mozacchio
Sub Adult

Greece
1135 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2010 :  09:04:17  Show Profile  Click to see mozacchio's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Really cute snakie! :)
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2010 :  09:31:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
aw some really sweet pics there - especially the one with steve making a break for it over your sons shoulder!!

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

124 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2010 :  09:42:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great snake love the name

0.0.1 Carolina Corn (Milo)
1.1.0 Staffys (Harley&Penny)
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2010 :  09:52:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Those pics of Steve are great Dawn. I love the 2nd and 5th pics. It is wonderful seeing your son handling him, he looks so relaxed and happy with him....no sign of panic as Steve disappears over his shoulder!

Will leave the feeding question to a more experienced keeper...have never fed anything smaller than a medium mouse! I would think that what you suggest is fine, giving him the 3g and 4g next feed, then the 2 x 4g...then move him onto the small fuzzies. But wait until someone who knows what they are talking about comments !!

xxx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

480 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2010 :  11:13:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks for comments, he is lovely..
Ok Judith thanks for your comment, the way he lunged at the 2 pinkies last night you would think he had never been fed!!! lol, so i don't think moving him up to the next weight will faze him, to be honest they don't look much bigger than the ones i've been feeding him but don't want to over feed him.

1.0.0 Amel, Steve

Go to Top of Page

devilsmistress
Yearling

United Kingdom
829 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2010 :  11:50:55  Show Profile  Click to see devilsmistress's MSN Messenger address  Send devilsmistress a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I dont think its going to matter what pinkys you give him. I cant rember who said it, but it was " snakes dont go round weighing there prey in the wild so why worry to much in captivatiy?" It really wont make any diffrence!!

I have never weiged any of my snakes food, i just think yea thats will do them! I get mine bulk order so a bag of 100 fuzzys, i split by eye to small and medium fuzzys, not a set of scales in sight. I have fed my two no problems, neither are over or under weight.

So Like I said, dont worry about weight
Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2010 :  12:38:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by devilsmistress

I dont think its going to matter what pinkys you give him. I cant rember who said it, but it was " snakes dont go round weighing there prey in the wild so why worry to much in captivatiy?" It really wont make any diffrence!!

I have never weiged any of my snakes food, i just think yea thats will do them! I get mine bulk order so a bag of 100 fuzzys, i split by eye to small and medium fuzzys, not a set of scales in sight. I have fed my two no problems, neither are over or under weight.

I agree totally with Devilsmistress, it was my quote originally, why worry about a gramme here or there.

The main factor is the width of the pinkie as long as it is not more than 1 and a third to a half times the width of your snake it will be fine to offer.

Edited by - gmac on 01/03/2010 12:40:10
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

480 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2010 :  12:46:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks for that guys, much appreciated.

1.0.0 Amel, Steve

Go to Top of Page

devilsmistress
Yearling

United Kingdom
829 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2010 :  13:59:34  Show Profile  Click to see devilsmistress's MSN Messenger address  Send devilsmistress a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gmac

quote:
Originally posted by devilsmistress

I agree totally with Devilsmistress, it was my quote originally, why worry about a gramme here or there.

The main factor is the width of the pinkie as long as it is not more than 1 and a third to a half times the width of your snake it will be fine to offer.

Ahhh knew it had been said beore just could not rember who by!!
Go to Top of Page

newsnakekeeper
Hatchling

United Kingdom
222 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2010 :  15:02:00  Show Profile  Send newsnakekeeper an AOL message  Click to see newsnakekeeper's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Got to agree with what has been said bout the pics and your son defo looks comfortable with the snake. Wish mine was as calm but getting there slowly

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

480 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2010 :  16:48:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you will get there hun, little and often, we have been really lucky with Steve, he has got to be the most laid back snake ever!! He loves having attention and is happy with anyone holding him, although i still need to convince hubby that!! lol.

1.0.0 Amel, Steve

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

441 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2010 :  20:20:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

you will get there hun, little and often, we have been really lucky with Steve, he has got to be the most laid back snake ever!! He loves having attention and is happy with anyone holding him, although i still need to convince hubby that!! lol.

Thats great that Steve is good to handle he looks lovely as well

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

480 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2010 :  12:04:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is where i found him this morning!! lol, bearing in mind he ate 2 pinkies sunday night, so really he should be in his warm area digesting them still!! bless him, he just lifted his head and looked at me as if to say what you want now???

1.0.0 Amel, Steve

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2010 :  12:16:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mom2mysononly

This is where i found him this morning!! lol, bearing in mind he ate 2 pinkies sunday night, so really he should be in his warm area digesting them still!! bless him, he just lifted his head and looked at me as if to say what you want now???

I think the same about Silvesta when I find him in the cool end the day after he has eaten...but then I tell myself that he has the choice as to where to go so there is not a lot I can do about it!! Another lovely pic of Steve, looks as though he is hovering on the top of that plant!

xxx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

419 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2010 :  14:15:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awww so lovely :o)

0.1.0 Crested Gecko: Keiko
2.1.0 Corn Snakes: Picollo, Morph, Sookie
0.1.0 Royal Python: Luna
0.0.1 Pueblan Milk Snake: Chilli
2.4.0 Leopard Geckos: Cleo, Echo, Tiffin, Roley, Scarlett, Ludwig
1.0.0 Understanding Boyfriend: Nick

www.vickyexotics.webs.com

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

352 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2010 :  06:25:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What a beautiful snake...Steve seems really comfortable crawling around on your son. That's so cool.
quote:

Hi, Steve is now 4months old, weighing in at 19gr and measuring around 19in,
He fed on 2 x 3g pinkies last night and has done quite happily for the last 3 feeds, my question is this?
I have 1 x 3g pinkie left and 4 x 4g pinkies left, on his next feed is it ok to give him 1 x 3g and 1 x 4g pinkie, then the feed after 2x 4g pinkies or should i try and get him some more 3g pinkies?
I know in 5g time he can move onto small fuzzies so didn't really want to go mad buying too many more pinkies.

Anyway here are some latest pictures. He is not camera shy at all and loves the attention.

my feeding box!!! lol

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

480 Posts

Posted - 16/03/2010 :  14:14:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just been up to my local reptile supplier and spent £23 on Steve!! omg i so spoil him lol!!
I have just bought him fluffs will see how he likes them on Saturday.
Got the varnish for his Viv and the aquarium sealant so will start getting it ready to put together, can't wait now getting really excited about it.

1.0.0 Amel, Steve

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

63 Posts

Posted - 16/03/2010 :  19:22:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
nice pics! lovley markings

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 17/03/2010 :  03:24:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Just been up to my local reptile supplier and spent £23 on Steve!! omg i so spoil him lol!!
I have just bought him fluffs will see how he likes them on Saturday.
Got the varnish for his Viv and the aquarium sealant so will start getting it ready to put together, can't wait now getting really excited about it.

I very much doubt Steve is the only spoilt snake on the forum!!

Hope everything goes ok with the fluffs, I am sure it will as he is making such good progress.

You must be so excited about his new viv and getting it all set up and right for him (and I am sure you are going to give him a first class upgrade to move into, just think of all the spoiling that is going on !)

xxx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

480 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2010 :  13:32:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Judith, I could spoil him rotten, he is so lovely, i know i keep saying i would like a snake for my own but i doubt i would get one as laid back as Steve. Knowing me i would pick one that liked biting or hiding, so better the devil i know, so to speak, plus who would give Steve all the attention if i had my own snake. Viv is being varnished this weekend, then will be put together next weekend once pieces are dry and have been allowed to get rid of the smell, then we will put it together the weekend after Easter as we are away for a few days. So hopefully once we have had it running for a week and the temps are all fine, we will put Steve and his Faun in it and see how he goes. Gives me more time to find some more stuff to go in it, hubby wants to get a ceramic plant pot form B&Q and cut a section out so he can go in it and hide in aspen or lie on the top of it. Would i need to treat the pot or could it just be left as it is?
Hubby is really enjoying helping get his Viv ready too bless him.

1.0.0 Amel, Steve

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000