Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Karl
Hatchling

United Kingdom
121 Posts

Posted - 27/02/2010 :  17:44:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Royals are cool snakes to keep. They very little, but they are curious creatures, and they don't want alot of room. They do have a calm and gentle nature and seem to make you fall for them more. I think you are either a Royal person or not.

Younger ones do the climbing/free falling thing alot, but after a year or two they are quite boring most of the time. The feeding thing is someting you have to get used to. They tend to eat like pigs in the first year, but after that winter time (roughly October through to March) becomes fasting time (and also even less movement!). This shouldn't bother you, it's just what they do. Pythons tend to do this, they tend to bulk up then hide out while they slowly burn it off.
Years ago I fed MUCH smaller amounts to my Royal than we do now, and it never fasted........I don't think my old one was better off, I just think he was hungrier more. So long as you get one knowing this, and don't panic and try to force them into feeding (worst thing you can do) then Royals are a cool snake to own.

Just get a few other snakes to eat the wasted food and so you can see a snake actually DOING something. Anything but a boa.....

I prefer my Royal if I want one of the snakes to just stay on my lap instead of chasing the carpets around or the corns. I wouldn't buy another royal, but I wouldn't part with Stig either.

ooops, I bought another.........
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

441 Posts

Posted - 27/02/2010 :  22:33:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Nothing wrong with them not eating, its what they're designed to do in the wild. Its only the owners that get upset by it.

Come and see us here: www.theroyalpython.co.uk
quote:

Thanks mate will pop over and look around and see if its for me or not.

To the rest thanks for the posts it is much appreciated.

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 28/02/2010 :  16:17:34  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Don't get a royal- get a king!

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

441 Posts

Posted - 28/02/2010 :  20:05:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I want another type of Snake that is active and dose not just lay around all day.

Before anyone says Snakes are mostly active at night and are generally like that I am aware of this.

Just wondered if there are any others that don't hide as much and are fairly active.

Thanks Rich.

Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 28/02/2010 :  20:26:12  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
honduran milksnakes :)

They are quite secretive, but when they're out they are very active :)

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

sexychef
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
937 Posts

Posted - 28/02/2010 :  23:13:57  Show Profile  Click to see sexychef's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hognose snakes

Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 28/02/2010 :  23:21:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
king snakes, mine spend very little time hiding away

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic