Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

n/a
deleted

352 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2010 :  16:34:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After finding out that it will cost 3000 dollars to get Snickers from Frankfurt to San Fransisco (not including getting her to Frankfurt or from San Fransisco to Fresno, California) we have concluded that I have to part with my little girl. I am sooo heart broken. I guess in all actuality it is safer for her rather than taking such a long trip across the pond. There are no airlines that will allow her to fly aside from animal transports which charge extreme amounts. She can't legally fly with me. It's not worth risking her life to try to smuggle her over. I just hope I can find her a good home. She is such a sweet, and gentle little critter. It would devastate me to think that someone might mistreat her.

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2010 :  16:44:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm so so sorry to hear this Godzchild, what a terrible situation.

I'm sure you will find the perfect new parents for her if you try hard enough, and they will probably want to send you news of her if you explain how upset you are to part with her.

Wish I knew what else to say, but I don't. Do you have friends in America you could courier her to, to look after until you arrive? After all, breeder's do this all the time and I'm sure its not too expensive.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

Stumpy
Hatchling

United Kingdom
418 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2010 :  17:32:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One solution is to stay where you are.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

352 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2010 :  20:11:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have people that could take her, but 3000 dollars just to get her there is a bit spendy.
quote:
Originally posted by SexyBear77

I'm sure you will find the perfect new parents for her if you try hard enough, and they will probably want to send you news of her if you explain how upset you are to part with her.

Wish I knew what else to say, but I don't. Do you have friends in America you could courier her to, to look after until you arrive? After all, breeder's do this all the time and I'm sure its not too expensive.

Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2010 :  20:15:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by godzchild9

I have people that could take her, but 3000 dollars just to get her there is a bit spendy.
quote:

Wish I could help in some way.....

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

441 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2010 :  21:34:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is there no one local that could give snickers a good home?

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

286 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2010 :  21:48:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sorry i'm a little slow! your in germany and need to transport snickers to fresno? firstly what a nasty situation to find yourself in i don't envy giving up your corn but do envy your move :) i wouldn't trust an airline with transporting my critters. i work airside and the state that some of the cats and dogs get to us in would break your heart. if poss get a breeders advice of shipping surely there is a cheaper option or failing that best of luck rehoming snickers and i'm sure you'll make a good choice of adoptive parents :)

corns
0.1 Maizy, carolina 05
0.1 violet, anery 09
1.0 Smithy, amel 07
0.1 Nessa,amel 07
0.1 Lois normal/hypo motley 02
1.0 Dr Heinz Doofenshmirtz anery 00
1.0 Fry normal 08
0.1 Dora amel aztec 09
1.0 Red bloodred 08
0.0.1 Conker kastanie 10
house bunny
1.0 rex, 09
kittys
2.1 tom,jerry 09 Mittens 10
kids
3.1 Charlie-jane 98, ethan 99,coby 06,adam 07
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2010 :  22:29:45  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
So sorry to hear about your predicament. It is indeed a bad situation to be in but im sure you will find him a good home if it comes to that. $3000 is a bit costly and i didnt think it would cost anything like that. Is that just for the snake?

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2010 :  22:53:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
aw no thats a real shame
i would help out but unfortunately i cant..
i really hope you manage to find a 'good' solution..

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

915 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2010 :  01:55:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
am so sorry to hear about this godzchild9 i hope you find her somewhere nice real soon

0.1.0 Snow Corn Snake - Tof
1.0.0 Stripe Cali King - Su'tey
1.0.0 Staffordshire Bull Terrier x Rottweiler - Twix
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

352 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2010 :  07:42:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, Danny. It's 3000 dollars just to relocate a year old corn snake.
quote:
Originally posted by DannyBrown91

So sorry to hear about your predicament. It is indeed a bad situation to be in but im sure you will find him a good home if it comes to that. $3000 is a bit costly and i didnt think it would cost anything like that. Is that just for the snake?

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2010 :  09:27:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Godzchild, it is so hard to know what to say to you. I know how hard this move is going to be for you and to now discover that you cant take Snickers with you must have been devastating.

I know you had everything planned to move him with you, even to the point of arranging to down-size him and sort out equipment in Arizona. I cannot believe that it costs so much to ship him safely....surely breeders do it cheaper? Although, I guess they do it in bulk so there isnt the cost involved.....

I think you have obviously realised that you have no choice except to find Snickers the best home possible where you are - and I know that you will do everything in your power to ensure that he goes to someone who knows what they are doing and can care and love him as much as you have.

I am worried about you though, Godzchild.....cos I know what this must be doing to you.

You know that you are in my prayers.

xxx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

352 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2010 :  17:40:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, the last two weeks have been extremely difficult for me and now to find out that I have to leave my little girl that is soo nice. She doesn't try to run away. She wraps herself around the chair I'm sitting in and the crawls around my shoulders as though she enjoys being in my company. I know one man who was interested in her a few months back but I told him that he'd never have her. I spoke to his mom today to have him contact me. I know she'd be in good hands with him. She liked him and he really liked her.I just hate leaving her behind. [quote]Originally posted by Kellog

Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
686 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2010 :  18:17:49  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Contact Bob Clarke. He ships between the US and Europe regularly. He would probably be able to recommend someone to ship Snickers or, maybe, let you tag her onto one of his shipments. If you don't ask you don't get. I only got as far as finding out what paperwork I needed to go UK to US so can't recommend a courier myself. Good luck with your search .

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

352 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2010 :  20:04:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Who is Bob Clark and how do I find him?
quote:
Originally posted by Paulusworm

Contact Bob Clarke. He ships between the US and Europe regularly. He would probably be able to recommend someone to ship Snickers or, maybe, let you tag her onto one of his shipments. If you don't ask you don't get. I only got as far as finding out what paperwork I needed to go UK to US so can't recommend a courier myself. Good luck with your search .

Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2010 :  20:35:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.bobclark.com/

He has a contact section. Hope you have success.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 24/02/2010 :  04:51:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

http://www.bobclark.com/

He has a contact section. Hope you have success.

Its got to be worth a try!!

xxx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

352 Posts

Posted - 24/02/2010 :  06:34:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, You guys. I'll contact him.[quote]Originally posted by SexyBear77

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

480 Posts

Posted - 24/02/2010 :  08:21:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
fingers crossed for you hun, lets hope bob can help, would be a shame to part with your baby now after all this time.xxx

1.0.0 Amel, Steve

WISH LIST: blue tongue skink.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

352 Posts

Posted - 24/02/2010 :  16:56:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I called Bob and he said there was nothing he could do for one snake because he has nothing going back to the states from here. Thank you guys for the try.I'll find someone here to take her hopefully. [quote][i]Originally posted by godzchild9

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2010 :  05:05:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry Bob wasnt able to help....was he not able to recommend anyone to you or make any other suggestion?

It does look as though you are going to be leaving your lovely Snickers behind, but just remember that you have given her an amazing home all the time you have had her and you will make sure that she goes to someone who knows what they are doing - cos you know all the right questions to ask as you interview them to make sure they are worthy to take Snickers on. And you also know that you now have the experience and more knowledge to be able to offer another corn a great home when you do get Stateside again.

But I am sorry Godzchild ...I know it is not what you want.

xxx

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000