camelian
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

352 Posts

Posted - 17/02/2010 :  19:42:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know this is a corn snake forum, but I've got to ask a question. The science teacher that introduced me to reptiles had a camelian in his room. That thing hissed and bit someone. Is this new to anyone familiar with these animals? They are so gentle looking...it surprised me.

BlueTongueDan
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1462 Posts

Posted - 17/02/2010 :  21:15:29  Show Profile  Visit BlueTongueDan's Homepage  Click to see BlueTongueDan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
lol. Chameleons are proper grumpy sods!
All depends on the individual really though

www.youtube.com/BlueTongueDan
Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
686 Posts

Posted - 17/02/2010 :  23:52:40  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BlueTongueDan

lol. Chameleons are proper grumpy sods!
All depends on the individual really though

Seconded. A large yemen at my local was going ballistic when the owner got it out for someone to handle before buying. Very funny to watch when not on the receiving end .

Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 18/02/2010 :  09:21:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Again, yes they are very grumpy! A friend of ours has 2, one is ok, the other hisses and bites all the time! They do look like they should be very gentle! Oh, they have damn sharp claws too!

Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
686 Posts

Posted - 18/02/2010 :  10:58:03  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mikerichards

Oh, they have damn sharp claws too!

Ooops! Forgot to mention that. Definately not an animal for those with sensitive, baby-soft skin. Nice to see that the flea count has been dealt with Mike .

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

352 Posts

Posted - 18/02/2010 :  12:50:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the information. I know what I will NOT be getting for a pet.I'll stick with my Snickers...She is soo gentle and affectionate. I know that sounds strange for a corn, but after reading in here where people have been bitten and stuff to me she is very affectionate.
quote:
Originally posted by godzchild9

I know this is a corn snake forum, but I've got to ask a question. The science teacher that introduced me to reptiles had a camelian in his room. That thing hissed and bit someone. Is this new to anyone familiar with these animals? They are so gentle looking...it surprised me.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

65 Posts

Posted - 18/02/2010 :  14:46:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yea they are Grumps, mine is only interested if there is tasty bugs involved if not its tryin to headbutt or bite lol
they are defo a look only pet
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000