I've just had this pointed out to me
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 14/02/2010 :  01:09:11  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Someone has just pointed out a website to me, the plastic vines and plants seem very reasonably priced, I have one about 5 miles from me, so may try to visit tomorrow.

Dunelm Mill

Some decent plastic plants on there, the vines and the Boston ferns look superb.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 14/02/2010 :  01:14:54  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Theres two fairly close to me, might come in handy when i move my lot upto vivs.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 14/02/2010 :  11:00:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thats great Kehhlyr, those bits of mopani wood are super duper cheap too!! Nice one!

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 14/02/2010 :  11:40:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
got a funny feeling theres one or two near me..
might have to see if i can get to the store sometime!

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

Fal
Hatchling

United Kingdom
245 Posts

Posted - 14/02/2010 :  12:36:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cool thanks, will be great when Bella goes into a viv in future, think we have on near me :)
Worth a look for my lizards too!!

Corn Snake - Bella. Bearded Dragon - Draco. Leopard Gecko - Mojo. Cat - Neo. In our family we also have: Cali King Snake, Spiny Flower Mantis (RIP), African Lined Mantis (RIP), Ghost Mantis (RIP), four Hermit Crabs, a Budgy and a Dog - Mystie... oh and a YAMAHA YZF-R1 but she's feeling a bit neglected at the moment :(
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 14/02/2010 :  12:41:42  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I can't take credit for sourcing the nice cheap plastic plants I'm afraid the link was given to me by someone else.
I will happily take thanks for him though.

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 14/02/2010 :  15:14:30  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I've used Dunelm Mill a few times, but that 6' Ivy garland for £3.59 looks a bargain!

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

Nazzle
Hatchling

United Kingdom
138 Posts

Posted - 14/02/2010 :  19:04:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks good, but I have to say the local florist has done me proud, she saves me "off-cuts" of plastic/silk plants used in displays (just have to check they are child safe), but I can hardly tell anything is missing from the original stem. Worth a blag for free.

Go to Top of Page

CAL
Hatchling

United Kingdom
146 Posts

Posted - 24/02/2010 :  20:08:35  Show Profile  Visit CAL's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Excellent, I'm due a few new plants and I've Dunelm less that half a mile away from me.

0.0.1 Cornsnake: Monty, 10 years old, 5ft 3".
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

118 Posts

Posted - 24/02/2010 :  22:45:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CAL

Excellent, I'm due a few new plants and I've Dunelm less that half a mile away from me.

Ohhh, we've got one of their stores but I woulda never thought of looking there, haven't been in there for years!

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 24/02/2010 :  23:32:41  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
In fact, I did go in there in the end, I bought a few bits of plastic, I shall get piccys of what I bought but this is my list:
6ft ivy garland, 2 small ivy sprigs (30cm), 2 small other plant things, a boston fern. 12 quid.
I was quite chuffed.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

118 Posts

Posted - 28/02/2010 :  10:20:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I went and got a small orangey coloured ivy sprig for our amel yesterday 0.49p, same thing was 0.99p in pound stretcher a few doors down! In fact, they didn't have the orangey coloured one, which I'm sure Eric will appreciate more, with him being orange too!

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

480 Posts

Posted - 28/02/2010 :  11:03:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
just found we have one of these 11 miles up the road, Steve's new viv should be here this week so may go and have a look and get some new foliage for it, the ivy looks a great idea as that would cover along the back giving Steve some fantastic places to hide, although just lately he has taken to sleeping out in the open, he is a strange one some times..lol

1.0.0 Amel, Steve

WISH LIST: blue tongue skink.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

118 Posts

Posted - 28/02/2010 :  11:35:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm thinking Kehhlyr could possibly go to Dunelm and demand some commission at this rate, lol.

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 28/02/2010 :  16:50:53  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I could, yes.
But it would be dis-honest as I was given the linky by someone else.

(Although that wouldn't stop me really. )

Go to Top of Page

Jennet
Hatchling

United Kingdom
305 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2010 :  21:23:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dunelm is fantastic as you've all found out for plants and wood 'n stuff for vivs.... but also, if you go just after christmas, there are often half price sales and stuff like the Ivy etc is even cheaper then. I use these for my frog tanks and also my beardie and leo's vivs..... OH just found beardie tonight with one of the leaf thingys in mouth though... think he is trying to tell me he needs more greens??... (He spat it out after running round viv with it for a min... ) but he did give me heart failure when OH first called me!!

www.thecornsake.co.uk
www.thehognosesnake.co.uk
www.theamphibian.co.uk
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000