Query over eating
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 14/02/2010 :  00:55:02  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Stupid Alice decided tonight that he was going to try to eat his first fuzzy sideways. It took him AGES to try to eat it, mouthing it about, readjusting himself etc. Finally he managed to get it in butt first but with tail bent over and one of the back legs. Actually I was getting worried that he was trying to eat it in a way that wasn't good for him and tried to move it so he could get it head first but he wouldnt let go. It took him 45 minutes just to get that one fuzzy down his neck and it left a bigger bump than what I would have expected since he now weighs 103g and I was going to try him on small mice in a couple of weeks.

So, I decided not to give him his second fuzzy just in case the palaver with the first causes any problems. Do you think thats ok? Should I feed him again in 5 days instead of the usual 7 since he hasn't had his usual quantity? Shall I hold off moving him up a mouse size just yet despite the fact that most fuzzies dont really leave much of a bump now?

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 14/02/2010 :  01:06:05  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'm assuming he was on single fuzzies and you were gonna move him up to doubles for a while before going to small mice?

If so, then leave him be until his normal feeding day, then just give him another fuzzy, and maybe a pinkie as well so he gradually moves up the sizes, as opposed to having 2 fuzzies in one hit.

If you understood that properly, it makes sense to my partially inebriated mind at the moment.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 14/02/2010 :  01:10:38  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

I'm assuming he was on single fuzzies and you were gonna move him up to doubles for a while before going to small mice?

If so, then leave him be until his normal feeding day, then just give him another fuzzy, and maybe a pinkie as well so he gradually moves up the sizes, as opposed to having 2 fuzzies in one hit.

If you understood that properly, it makes sense to my partially inebriated mind at the moment.

I think he was normly on two, as it says that he didn't have his usual quantity. just that this one took him alot longer to eat and left a bigegr bump.

As for the next feed, i would still leave him for the 7 days, as for moving him up i don't know wether i can help you there.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 14/02/2010 :  08:38:48  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yes he is usually on 2 fuzzies but since he seems to have almost eaten the first one partly sideways with mouse legs sticking everywhere i decided to not give him the second. I was a bit worried the mouse legs could have scratched him inside and that he might regurge.

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 14/02/2010 :  12:48:03  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
In that case, just leave him be if you're worried although I would say that you shouldn't be.
It's not likely it would have done any damage, it just would've been a bit awkward for him.
Just carry on with your standard routine and standard feeding cycle, only having one mousey wont cause any issues andyou'll be able to put him back on his 2 next week then.

quote:
Originally posted by DannyBrown91

I think he was normly on two, as it says that he didn't have his usual quantity.......

Slightly fuzzy mind meant that I didn't really take that bit in. Cheers.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 14/02/2010 :  13:26:25  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

Slightly fuzzy mind meant that I didn't really take that bit in. Cheers.

At 1 in the morning thats understandable lol. The only reason i still had a decent attention span was because i was high on energy drinks lmao.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000