Sup
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

IdenticalTentacle
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
37 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2010 :  10:43:13  Show Profile  Visit IdenticalTentacle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is a little late, as I've already posted a question on the 'general keeping' board. I was too preoccupied with keeping my new friend happy to pay proper attention to this forum...
None the less, hello, everyone. Got my first corn snake on Sunday; Friedrich, the baby amel. I'll put some pictures of him up once I can start handling him.
Peace x

RIP baby Friedrich.

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2010 :  10:50:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hiya identicaltentacle and welcome to the forum

Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2010 :  11:14:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey and welcome to you and little Friedrich
look forwards to the pics!

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2010 :  12:01:39  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hello and welcome

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

Sammysnake
Yearling

United Kingdom
606 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2010 :  12:23:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there - love the user name.

08 male Carolina Corn ‘Saracen’
09 male Anery Corn ‘Twilight’
08 male Rankins Dragon ‘Keydo’
Go to Top of Page

lmfastcars
Hatchling

United Kingdom
360 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2010 :  13:34:40  Show Profile  Click to see lmfastcars's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hey dude, welcome to the forum

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

876 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2010 :  15:31:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey and Welcome

xXx

Slinky-Tallulah-Fairy-Bell

"My Heart has joined The Thousand for my friend stopped running today"
Go to Top of Page

Figs
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3319 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2010 :  16:51:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hello there :)
this really is a great place
Go to Top of Page

IdenticalTentacle
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
37 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2010 :  18:34:01  Show Profile  Visit IdenticalTentacle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
this really is a great place

Yeah, I'm already finding that out and it's only my 2nd day here.
quote:
love the user name

Why thank you.

RIP baby Friedrich.
Go to Top of Page

curragh
Egg

United Kingdom
81 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2010 :  19:00:51  Show Profile  Send curragh a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
rocky is cool like how old is he
Go to Top of Page

Fal
Hatchling

United Kingdom
245 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2010 :  19:43:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Look forward to the piccies!! :)

Corn Snake - Bella. Bearded Dragon - Draco. Leopard Gecko - Mojo. Cat - Neo. In our family we also have: Cali King Snake, Spiny Flower Mantis (RIP), African Lined Mantis (RIP), Ghost Mantis (RIP), four Hermit Crabs, a Budgy and a Dog - Mystie... oh and a YAMAHA YZF-R1 but she's feeling a bit neglected at the moment :(
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2010 :  03:22:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum Jack and Friedrich (love your forum name )! This is a great forum with lots of experienced owners happy to give their advice and support. You also get lots of fun and friendship . I think I have already welcomed you in your other topic, so apologies for if I am repeating what I said there (my memory is terrible as you will come to learn ). I am not sure how much information you already know about corn snake keeping, so sorry if I am repeating information you already know...but it is better heard twice than not at all.

The forum provides great information. The best place to look is http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/corn_snake_care_sheet.htm, it has lots of information for new snake owners. Also read this topic on 'Your 1st Snake' http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4133

Am not sure if you were told this and have done it, but it is important: The one-week rule...no handling or feeding for the first week to allow Friedrich to get over the stress of the move and for him to get used to the new smells and his new surroundings. This means just putting your hand in to change the water daily and straighten the substrate, so he can get used to your smell and not be threatened by you. You are rarely advised this in a lot of pet shops but it is an important way of getting your snake to de-stress and feel safe with you. It is a hard week, very frustrating, but worth it for the snake's sake. If you havent done it then it may be worthwhile doing it now.

Unfortunately, many pet shops cannot be trusted with what they are telling you . I suggest you double check anything you have been told with us on here. Remember that no question is regarded as a silly question .....it is much better asked and answered, you will probably find others who want the info too! First place to look is in the top right hand corner of the screen where there is a search button...type in what you are worried about and see if you can find an answer. I know you can get swamped with different topics including what you are searching for, so it is a bit daunting but worth a look. If you cant find the answer you are looking for then dont hesitate to ask!

When you got Friedrich I hope you got as much info about him as possible....shedding history, feeding history etc. I keep my own 'Snake Diaries', noting things like weight, length, feeding dates and what you feed, shedding dates, health problems. I know it seems a bit over the top but it is actually really helpful keeping track of your snake's health - I even note when Kellog and Silvesta poo !!

Unwritten forum rule - pics as soon as possible! This link will help - http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14

A warning - corn snakes are addictive.....and yes, the majority of us have stood up, said "hello my name is **** and I am addicted to corns........! And I am proud of it!" You have just started down that corn path so be warned!!

xxx

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 17/02/2010 :  21:17:08  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
a little late but heya and welcome

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

hiper2009
Banned

United Kingdom
2197 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2010 :  10:10:50  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hello and welcome

0.0.0 Royal Python Het Pied 100% CB10 - Chaos
1.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa CB10 - Bow/Mayhem
0.1.0 Cornsnake Amel Het Motley CB10 - Fire
1.0.0 Cornsnake Caramel Het Motley CB09 - Whisky
1.0.0 Cornsnake Snow Het Stripe CB07 - Romeo - R.I.P

1.0.0 Super Golden Labrador Dog CB02 - Bailey

Wish List:
1.2.0 Royal Python - Pastel , Pinstripe , Lesser.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000