Slightly defrosted
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

headlow
Hatchling

130 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2010 :  18:33:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello all. I keep my supply of rodents in a chest freezer in our shed. Yesterday my younger sister went to get something else from the freezer. To get what she wanted she had to lift my bag of goodies, and unfortunately she left them sitting on top of he freezer. It was only at the most 2 hours before I caught on, but the smaller items (fuzzies and pinks) were slightly defrosted. Bearing in mind that they were outside, and were definitely not defrosted to room temperature is it safe to use them? Part of me wants to chuck the lot (10 pinks, 10 fuzzies, 5 medium mice and 6 rat pups), but I thought I'd ask for advice here first.

Cheers,

Justin

1.0.0 Snow Corn

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2010 :  19:00:28  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
they would be fine as long as they were not totaly defrosted and warm,some keepers refreeze uneaten food with no ill effects so slightly defrosted will be fine

Go to Top of Page

headlow
Hatchling

130 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2010 :  21:06:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lee2308

they would be fine as long as they were not totaly defrosted and warm,some keepers refreeze uneaten food with no ill effects so slightly defrosted will be fine

Cheers Lee

1.0.0 Snow Corn
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2010 :  21:25:40  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i'd just chuck them back in the freezer too and still use them, a whole 'bag of snake goodies' will take a lot longer to defrost than an individual mouse so i really wouldn't worry hun

and i thaw, refreeze if uneaten and then re-thaw and feed with no ill effects in the last 7 years or so

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000