Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Twi
Yearling

United Kingdom
536 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2010 :  10:36:06  Show Profile  Click to see Twi's MSN Messenger address  Send Twi a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Lookies what I was up till 4am playing midwife to :3

First puppy:
Type: Powderpuff
Sex: Male
Time: 12:43am
Weight: 117g
Birth: Breach

Second puppy:
Type: Hairy Hairless
Sex: Female
Time: 2:47am
Weight: 84g
Birth: Normal

Third puppy:
Type: Hairless
Sex: Female
Time: 3:35am
Weight: 121g
Birth: Normal

They are so cute, I love the way the third pup looks like she has white eyebrows lol. Gonna be keeping a close eye on the smallest one, make sure shes putting on weight, giving her extra feeds if needed. Baby is doing well, shes a good mum :)

1.0.0 Snow Motley Corn Snake. (Mouse)
1.0.0 Amel Corn Snake. (Ginger)
0.2.0 Chinese Crested Dogs. (Skeebee & Yuki)
0.1.0 Bullmastiff x American Bulldog (Tsukira)
1.1.0 Ferrets. (Spike & Buffy)
0.2.0 Aylesbury Ducks. (Crispy & Nibbles)

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2010 :  10:42:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is amazing Twi....did you actually have to help with the birthing, particularly with the 1st breach birth? Has the mum had pups before? What breed is she?

They look so tiny and helpless. I can understand you needing to keep an eye on the littlest one, she is a lot smaller than the other 2 and may be pushed out at meal time. Is Baby feeding them ok?

Have you had experience with this sort of thing? Sorry for all the questions....but am really interested. It must be something truly beautiful to watch, the creation of new life. Just think, you will be doing that soon, but your baby will be a lot bigger!!

xxx

Go to Top of Page

Twi
Yearling

United Kingdom
536 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2010 :  10:54:30  Show Profile  Click to see Twi's MSN Messenger address  Send Twi a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
This is babys second and last litter with me, it was accidental really shes so clean when she comes into season I didn't realize until it was too late. The one problem with baby is she cleans up too enthusiastically so you have to get there first and cut the cord otherwise she swallows the placenta and end up breaking the cord right up against the puppies belly which causes bleeding. Then once you cut the cord you have to keep an eye on her cause sometimes while cleaning up the puppy she will worry it and try to trim it lol Other than that she was very good witht he birth, first puppy came out slow so i helped a little with pulling while she pushed, helps get the head out before she breaks the sack. Second one shot out so fast I hardly noticed it coming O.O that was fastest puppy birth i've ever witnessed.

She's a Chinese Crested, true hairless. Bit softy girl with people she knows, shes a really good mum feeding pups well but did get woken up by her accidently sitting on one cause it had got cold and she was tryign to keep them warm lol put the fire on for her and its all settled down now :3

Yeah this is myyyy 7th litter, first litter i helped was 7 years ago, had a few then and then stopped for a couple of years. I remember skeebees first litter, she has a breach black and white powderpuff male first pup too only cause it was her first litter every time she felt the puppys back feet coming out she would stop pushing, after 30 minutes of that i ended up having to grab hold of his legs to pull him out while she pushed and keep him out when she stopped after that she was fine, other three pups were notmal, she ended up with 4 puppies in total one boy with a slightly swollen foot but that went down and 3 girls :3 This will be my last litter for a few years now even though it was accidental lol

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

480 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2010 :  11:04:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
so cute, well done and good luck with the littlest one.x

1.0.0 Amel, Steve

WISH LIST: blue tongue skink.
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2010 :  11:49:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
aw congratulations!!
im not a massive fan of hairless dogs but il make an exception..those pups are adorable!!
i love the brown girl - shes adorable
hope they all grow nicely for you - will you be keeping one?

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

sexychef
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
937 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2010 :  11:55:01  Show Profile  Click to see sexychef's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
my girfriend loves cresties and now wants one. her mum has got 2

Go to Top of Page

Twi
Yearling

United Kingdom
536 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2010 :  11:55:58  Show Profile  Click to see Twi's MSN Messenger address  Send Twi a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HannahB

aw congratulations!!
im not a massive fan of hairless dogs but il make an exception..those pups are adorable!!
i love the brown girl - shes adorable
hope they all grow nicely for you - will you be keeping one?

Nah I'm rehoming dad next week because I'm trying to cut down cause of the baby, hes going to a lovely lady few miles down the road, so I can't keep any though I have got a soft spot for the tiny girl she is soo cute ^.^

Edited by - Twi on 06/02/2010 11:58:21
Go to Top of Page

lmfastcars
Hatchling

United Kingdom
360 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2010 :  12:22:48  Show Profile  Click to see lmfastcars's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
aww congratulations :D

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

876 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2010 :  14:19:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations!!

xXx

Slinky-Tallulah-Fairy-Bell

"My Heart has joined The Thousand for my friend stopped running today"
Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2010 :  15:12:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ahhh, congrats, new snake food. . jokes.
they really are gorgeous. congrats. you must be so proud. . they all look so beautiful!!

xxx

1.1 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

Twi
Yearling

United Kingdom
536 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2010 :  17:26:51  Show Profile  Click to see Twi's MSN Messenger address  Send Twi a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I weighed them this evening.

First pup is up to 131g
Seconds dropped to 82g
and third is same at 121g

I'll be feeding the two girls extra, smallest more than bigger girl as she can latch onto mum but gets kicked off by brother.
Just finished their first feed, lil girl ate loads I'm trying very very hard not to get attached to her lol Not only incase something goes bad with her but because I'm not supposed to be keeping any of them. But she ate twice as much as her bigger sister so I'm hoping just a couple of days of extra feeding and help latching onto her mum then she will be doing well :3

Go to Top of Page

nails
Hatchling

United Kingdom
151 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2010 :  17:39:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
those puppies ae so cute, well done baby x

1 Carolina Corn- Wizard, 1 Anery corn- Epi, 1 snow corn Casper
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2010 :  20:04:46  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Oh congratulations they are so cute. How do you tell which will be powderpuff, hairy hairless, and hairless when they are just born? They all look the same to me. I'v never heard of a hairy hairless either. To be honest, i'm not a fan of small dogs but those pups are really adorable - well done baby.

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

Twi
Yearling

United Kingdom
536 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2010 :  20:22:56  Show Profile  Click to see Twi's MSN Messenger address  Send Twi a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
lol well powderpuff have hair all over.
Hairy hairless is a hairless with hair in patches. She has a bald chest and inside of legs.
Hairless is bald on body.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

348 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2010 :  04:50:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I saw the first couple of pics I couldn't figure out what was what! lol.....well done, going to be keeping you busy for a while...hehehe....babies of any species you gotta love em...

My youngest daughter is 7 months old now and is just starting to sleep through at night. Which makes mum very happy. It doesn't affect me as I work nights only on my days off was it a hassle and having no boobs doesn't help!!!!!

1.0.0 cash snow corn
0.0.3 koi carp
0.0.18 assorted gold fish
axolotl eggs ready to hatch
0.1.0 Chaco golden knee T
0.1.0 chilli rose pending!

Edited by - n/a on 07/02/2010 04:51:49
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2010 :  11:17:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Twi

I weighed them this evening.

First pup is up to 131g
Seconds dropped to 82g
and third is same at 121g

I'll be feeding the two girls extra, smallest more than bigger girl as she can latch onto mum but gets kicked off by brother.
Just finished their first feed, lil girl ate loads ........ I'm hoping just a couple of days of extra feeding and help latching onto her mum then she will be doing well :3

I am so pleased to hear that the littlest girl is taking the extra feed she needs and hopefully because she is taking it so well she wont need it for too long and can be returned to her mum full time.

Remember....you cant afford to get too attached!!! You have a lot of work coming soon in the shape of your own little baby!

xxx

Go to Top of Page

Twi
Yearling

United Kingdom
536 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2010 :  13:06:25  Show Profile  Click to see Twi's MSN Messenger address  Send Twi a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Weighed them again today

Boy pup is up to 134g
Runt is up to 93g
and the other lil girl is up to 125g

I'm glad the littlest one is putting on weight shes drinking anything between 1.7 and 5ml of milk from me per feed but wont latch onto mum. Shes putting on almost double what the other two are putting on now though, so hopefully few days she will catch up with them and be able to feed from mum without the other two pushing her off. So far today boys up 2g, girls up 4g and runts up 7g.

Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2010 :  14:07:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad to hear the puppies are doing so well, especially the little one!

Cute pups but will admit I'm not a fan of hairless dogs

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

Rik
Hatchling

United Kingdom
135 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2010 :  19:22:36  Show Profile  Click to see Rik's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Awwww puppies! Glad they are all doing well especially the little one.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

352 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2010 :  17:22:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Soooo tiny!!!Sooo cute!!!Aaawww!Thank you for sharing.[quote]Originally posted by Twi

Lookies what I was up till 4am playing midwife to :3

Go to Top of Page

Twi
Yearling

United Kingdom
536 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2010 :  20:25:53  Show Profile  Click to see Twi's MSN Messenger address  Send Twi a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
hes pic of the tubby lil boy

and heres whole family :3

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000