My corn snake Ralphy:).
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

45 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2010 :  18:09:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey everyone heres my adult corn snake about nearly 5 and a 1/2 the prvious owners called him Neo but I want a fresh start now hes called Ralph:), hes very viv defensive but with frequent handling he will soon be lovely, the previous owners where really bad to him was left for two years without human contact I hope to change it:). Btw sorry for the bad camera shots.

n/a
deleted

352 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2010 :  18:15:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He looks like a hefty normal to me. I'm looking forward to Snickers being that size. She will probably be his color too,but she is only a year old. She seems to be coming to you in the third pic so maybe getting it used to being handled again won't be a challenge.[quote]Originally posted by Luke

Hey everyone heres my adult corn snake about nearly 5 and a 1/2 the prvious owners called him Neo but I want a fresh start now hes called Ralph:), hes very viv defensive but with frequent handling he will soon be lovely, the previous owners where really bad to him was left for two years without human contact I hope to change it:). Btw sorry for the bad camera shots.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

45 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2010 :  18:32:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
haha hes in no doubt really freindly now, I have him snuggle up and sleep in my top:).
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2010 :  18:45:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
aw he looks like a real chunky boy
he lovely

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2010 :  19:51:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Considering 'Neo' went for 2 years without human contact, you have done a fantastic job taming Ralph and getting him so used to you that he is happy to sleep in your top!

He has got some beautiful colouring with his markings and is a lovely size....how much does he weigh, length, weight? Just curious to know what my Kellog, who is a year younger, might reach...

xxx

Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2010 :  20:08:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cor, he's a big 'un!

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

nails
Hatchling

United Kingdom
151 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2010 :  20:32:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can't wait till ours get that big

1 Carolina Corn- Wizard, 1 Anery corn- Epi, 1 snow corn Casper
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

45 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2010 :  22:28:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not sure of the length or weight still need to weigh him sorry, yes hes pretty big monster, I think hes still got a bit of growing to do:), hes really happy, he was way to big for the viv they had him in bought him a vx36 he loves it he can stretch himself:),
Glad everyone likes him.
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 30/01/2010 :  04:40:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luke

Not sure of the length or weight still need to weigh him sorry, yes hes pretty big monster, I think hes still got a bit of growing to do:), hes really happy, he was way to big for the viv they had him in bought him a vx36 he loves it he can stretch himself:),
Glad everyone likes him.

Certainly would be interested to know his length and weight...just for comparison. What and how often do you feed him?

Sorry for all the

xxx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

876 Posts

Posted - 30/01/2010 :  10:11:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hes a Big Ol' Snake!

Its nice that you have taken him on and Im sure that when he settles down he'll be fine :)

I simply cannot imagine Slinx being that big!

xXx

Slinky-Tallulah-Fairy-Bell

"My Heart has joined The Thousand for my friend stopped running today"
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

352 Posts

Posted - 30/01/2010 :  14:38:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I used to allow Snickers into my top regularly, but she kept getting too comfortable in there, so now she is limited as to the time she is allowed there.
quote:

haha hes in no doubt really freindly now, I have him snuggle up and sleep in my top:).

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

45 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2010 :  15:13:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I feed him two medium mice a week however thats what the previous owners fed him, Im not sure wether to put him up to a large mouse? probly have to get accurate weight first.
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2010 :  05:14:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Well I feed him two medium mice a week however thats what the previous owners fed him, Im not sure wether to put him up to a large mouse? probly have to get accurate weight first.

Definitely need to get accurate weight, but to give you some idea....Kellog is about a year younger and is on one jumbo mouse every 10 days. Think you certainly need to up size and length between feeds, but it needs to be done slowly so he has time to get used to new sizes and his stomach can adjust.

BUT I am no expert so you must wait for 'those who know' to give you their advice.

xxx

Go to Top of Page

Budaholic
Yearling

United Kingdom
689 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2010 :  16:03:32  Show Profile  Visit Budaholic's Homepage  Reply with Quote
From your pics he certainly looks like he could handle more than mediums.

As a rule you should feed prey items no bigger than 1½ times the size of your snake at mid-body, the thickest part.

If you can't visibly see a bump after he's eaten his meal, then it's time to step up in size.

Alice is about 4½ ft (700g) and she gets an XL mouse every 12 - 14 days.

Bud

Corn Snake Forum Members Map

Please add your details HERE
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

35 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2010 :  18:46:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beautiful =]

Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2010 :  18:47:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you move up to a large I would move the feeding to every 10 days, I wouldnt want him getting any bigger than he is.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000