Page: of 2

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2010 :  11:01:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HannahB

hmmm might have to go and buy aura her own special knife and chopping board lol im gellogoing to get a bigger pinkie and chop it up into slices and see if she will take any of that - the small ones ive got are just too small to keep in shape..

good idea though k will adapt it and see what happens

Try slicing the larger pinkie up with a very sharp knife while it is still frozen...will be easier to cut it into strips that way. Then you can defrost the strips as you need them.

xxx

Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2010 :  11:21:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i do that but its still a messy job
i managed to get some pinkie in her last night although i dont know who got stressed more..hopefully she will appreciate it one day and feeds for herself soon!

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2010 :  11:25:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
She appreciates it now I'm sure, she owes her life to you.

Its like when you go to the dentist with a bad tooth, and it hurts and you hate the person with all the tools in your gob, and your stressed and blah blah, but you know that they are only helping.

You are the evil dentist!! But it will all pay off in the end.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

kizzig
Yearling

United Kingdom
560 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2010 :  12:48:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SexyBear77

She appreciates it now I'm sure, she owes her life to you.

Its like when you go to the dentist with a bad tooth, and it hurts and you hate the person with all the tools in your gob, and your stressed and blah blah, but you know that they are only helping.

You are the evil dentist!! But it will all pay off in the end.

Nice analogy SB!

Glad you managed to get more food down her Hannah. Just out of curiosity, does Aura still get reptoboost? Or is the reptoboost something that should be given every now and again?

We're thinking about picking up a non feeder at Donny in June/September so we'll be buying some reptoboost just incase.

Kizzig

Our ever growing menagerie:

1.0.0 Amel cornsnake (Ziggy)
0.1.0 Amel motley cornsnake (Kizzy)
1.0.0 Housegecko (Eric)
0.1.0 Chile Rose Tarantula (Daisy) RIP Double D, We'll miss you... xxx
1.0.0 Budgie (Oscar)
0.1.0 Cat (Sophie)
1.1.0 Red Eared Sliders (Sam 'n' Ella)
Assorted Fish - Harry, Artie, Kev and Ebi.

RIP Georgina the Housegecko , Archie the Angelfish (17/09/09), and Daisy the Chile Rose Tarantula (19/11/2009)

Our Animal's Album: http://s986.photobucket.com/albums/ae347/klivingston234/
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2010 :  13:30:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
she gets reptoboost all the time..im not sure if it helps that much as shes active anyway but i like to think its helping..
its funny cause when we picked up aura and the other two i was contemplating getting a non feeder as a sort of project - wasnt bothered about morph or gender - just to see if i could get some good habits..turns out i got a non feeder anyway!!

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

43 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2010 :  16:06:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beautiful !

KLOE&ASH

- 0.0.1 Wild-type Seanna - 0.1 Amel Stripe Brooke - 0.0.1 Snow Stripe Brogan - 1.0 Butter Stripe Bailey - 2.2.3 Crested Geckos (Assorted morphs) -
Go to Top of Page

kizzig
Yearling

United Kingdom
560 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2010 :  16:25:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HannahB

she gets reptoboost all the time..im not sure if it helps that much as shes active anyway but i like to think its helping..
its funny cause when we picked up aura and the other two i was contemplating getting a non feeder as a sort of project - wasnt bothered about morph or gender - just to see if i could get some good habits..turns out i got a non feeder anyway!!

We're looking to do the same for a project, but hopefully we can get a slightly rarer morph for a little less money. Still not too sure if we want to get one to sell on when we finally manage to get them eating... Knowing me, I'll get too attached and not want to let him or her go though...

It's probably because you considered getting a non feeder that you ended up with one anyway (something called sods law probably!)

Kizzig

Our ever growing menagerie:

1.0.0 Amel cornsnake (Ziggy)
0.1.0 Amel motley cornsnake (Kizzy)
1.0.0 Housegecko (Eric)
0.1.0 Chile Rose Tarantula (Daisy) RIP Double D, We'll miss you... xxx
1.0.0 Budgie (Oscar)
0.1.0 Cat (Sophie)
1.1.0 Red Eared Sliders (Sam 'n' Ella)
Assorted Fish - Harry, Artie, Kev and Ebi.

RIP Georgina the Housegecko , Archie the Angelfish (17/09/09), and Daisy the Chile Rose Tarantula (19/11/2009)

Our Animal's Album: http://s986.photobucket.com/albums/ae347/klivingston234/
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2010 :  20:00:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lol sods law is definately what happened!
i know sue at hissnhers had a load of non feeders for sale last year at donny for cheaper prices, snows amels ect
im sure she will have some this year, and im sure other breeders there will have some non feeders

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2010 :  23:34:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Must admit that I would definitely think twice about buying a known non-feeder...especially as a 'project'. I do wonder how fair that is on the snake, especially if you have no experience with non-feeders. Sorry if that sounds harsh....and, Hannah, you have been doing an amazing job with Aura....but I am only being honest about how I personally feel.

It is really good news about you getting some pinkie down her. I know it was stressful for both you and her, but it is what is necessary for her to live - and that is how you must look at it. It must be so much better for her to get the taste and nutrition of pinkie rather than the mouse tail she has been surviving on so far. She is doing so well considering what she has been through...and it is very likely that the reptoboost is what is helping that happen and keeping her active.

Well done Hannah.

xxx

Go to Top of Page

Fal
Hatchling

United Kingdom
245 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2010 :  22:08:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sooooooooooooooooooo CUTE!!!

Corn Snake - Bella. Bearded Dragon - Draco. Leopard Gecko - Mojo. Cat - Neo. In our family we also have: Cali King Snake, Spiny Flower Mantis (RIP), African Lined Mantis (RIP), Ghost Mantis (RIP), four Hermit Crabs, a Budgy and a Dog - Mystie... oh and a YAMAHA YZF-R1 but she's feeling a bit neglected at the moment :(
Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2010 :  13:30:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

Must admit that I would definitely think twice about buying a known non-feeder...especially as a 'project'. I do wonder how fair that is on the snake, especially if you have no experience with non-feeders. Sorry if that sounds harsh....

Agree with this- I would have to think seriously about getting a non feeder as a "project", and I consider myself to be pretty experienced, not just with snakes but with lots of animals. I really do think that snakes like this should be left to the experts.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000