Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

n/a
deleted

352 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2010 :  13:21:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've thought the same thing with Snickers. She looks funny trying to move to her hide (if she had legs i'd say she was waddling). She reminds of a woman that is due any day now.
quote:
Originally posted by Gaz_1989

No worries.

Its funny when they move about with a full belly, lol.

Gaz

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

480 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2010 :  10:41:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well Steve was fed again last night, before we fed him though i weighed him, he weighs in at 14g now so well pleased.
He took 2 x 2g pinkies, the second one my son was trying to feed him it, he is struggling a bit and getting quite upset cause he is finding it hard to hold on to the pinkie for so long bless him, anyway he ended up dropping it into the rub and as he went to try and lift it back up Steve struck at the tweezers, my son cr@pped himself. LOL, shouldn't laugh really but it was cute to see Steve defending his prey!! Told him to back of and leave it in the rub for Steve to get himself. Which he did and once again ate the second pinkie quicker than the first, is there a reason why they do this? the first one seems to take ages to go down but the second one gets swallowed so much easier.

1.0.0 Amel, Steve

WISH LIST: blue tongue skink.
Go to Top of Page

elament
Yearling

United Kingdom
942 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2010 :  11:03:58  Show Profile  Send elament a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Well done you! I got xena to feed tonight and I am going to try two again see what happens.

1.1.0 Amel Corns Colin and Xena
1.0.0 Dog Talan
1.1.0 Cats Wotsit and Willow
1.0.0 Ferret Chaos

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

480 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2010 :  13:45:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by elament

Well done you! I got xena to feed tonight and I am going to try two again see what happens.

Thats great news hun, she will be growing in leaps and bounds at this rate.

1.0.0 Amel, Steve

Go to Top of Page

elament
Yearling

United Kingdom
942 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2010 :  20:00:09  Show Profile  Send elament a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
yep just thought you would like to know xena just had two pinks. Gobbled the second down in half the time of the first and then would you believe it was looking for a third.

1.0.0 Dog Talan
1.0.0 Ferret Chaos

Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2010 :  20:02:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by elament

yep just thought you would like to know xena just had two pinks. Gobbled the second down in half the time of the first and then would you believe it was looking for a third.

thats great news
she'll be a big girl on fuzzies before you know it!

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

elament
Yearling

United Kingdom
942 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2010 :  20:20:04  Show Profile  Send elament a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I know. This has been a real uphill struggle. Me and my mate struggled for days keeping her alive and it has all come worth it in the end. Now she is bright and sparky and is a snake dustbin. I simply cant wait till she is Colins size she will be a stunner. A result and a large part of it has to do with advice filtered down from you lot.

1.0.0 Dog Talan
1.0.0 Ferret Chaos

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2010 :  03:54:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mom2mysononly

Well Steve was fed again last night, before we fed him though i weighed him, he weighs in at 14g now so well pleased.
He took 2 x 2g pinkies...... ate the second pinkie quicker than the first, is there a reason why they do this? the first one seems to take ages to go down but the second one gets swallowed so much easier.

Think this is because with the first pinkie/mouse (whatever size it is) they have to adjust the size of their jaw/mouth to the size of their prey....whereas with the second 'meal' everything is adjusted to the size already and must go down easier having had the way prepared for them!!

xxx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

480 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2010 :  07:59:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for that Judith.
Steve, just goes to show a little love and patience can make it all good in the end.

1.0.0 Amel, Steve

Go to Top of Page

elament
Yearling

United Kingdom
942 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2010 :  12:49:55  Show Profile  Send elament a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Couldnt agree more mom2

1.0.0 Dog Talan
1.0.0 Ferret Chaos

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page