Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2010 :  00:21:44  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Alice has pooed on me or my son every week. Actually, I'm glad i read on here about when they usually poop after a feed cos i was prepared the first time. We always cover ourselves with an old towel and try not to let him travel too far until he has expelled lol. This week I even managed to catch half of it on some kitchen roll altho I did it really slowly as i didnt want to spook him mid flow.

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

elament
Yearling

United Kingdom
942 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2010 :  11:36:28  Show Profile  Send elament a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
LOL this is a funny thread. Glad I am not alone Colin usually lets one rip when he is on my other half but he has got me a couple of times bugger I swear he saves it for us. In all the time i have had him i have only had to clean a handfull of poos out of his viv as he invariably waits till he comes out and drops it on us. Maybe he dont want to get his viv messy lol

1.1.0 Amel Corns Colin and Xena
1.0.0 Dog Talan
1.1.0 Cats Wotsit and Willow
1.0.0 Ferret Chaos

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2010 :  20:21:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can normally tell when they are going to poo - or at least I can with Kellog and am beginning to see the signs with Silvesta too.

Goes very still, tail comes up at a strange angle, vent pokes out....then make sure you have kitchen roll ready to catch and beware, it shoots far!! Needs to be layers of kitchen roll as well cos it soaks through and you do not want it soaking through into your hand!

xxx

PS - Tizzy: Didnt realize Minx was missing, sorry. At least you know she is healthy and well...you tried the bottle traps to try and catch her?

Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2010 :  23:11:26  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Alice shows the same signs Kellog. The first time he did it I thought he was just keeping still for the camera, then we realised why the tail went up lol

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

Budaholic
Yearling

United Kingdom
689 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2010 :  15:58:06  Show Profile  Visit Budaholic's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Alice has never pooped on me. I'm very careful about when I handle her around the 3rd - 4th day after feeding.
If she hasn't been after 4 days, I'll put her in a couple of inches of water in the bath and I can pretty much guarantee she'll go then. Easier to clean out of the bath with some toilet tissue too

kdlang, how did you decide on the name 'Alice' for your corn?

Corn Snake Forum Members Map

Please add your details HERE
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2010 :  19:23:15  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Alice was actually a christmas present for my son coming with the name Sammy. When he told one of his school friends he was getting a snake, she asked him to name it after her so Alice it became, despite the fact we were told it's a boy lol. There is a very unfortunate song that comes into my head pretty regularly when we say his name, which I have to resist singing with the children around lol.

Glad to see another Alice. At least yours won't have gender identity problems. Why did you choose 'Alice'?

0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

Budaholic
Yearling

United Kingdom
689 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2010 :  20:35:16  Show Profile  Visit Budaholic's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My Alice is a Hypo, or to use the full term - Hypomelanistic

And it just so happens that an anagram of Hypomelanistic is 'Alice Hypnotism'. When I told my daughter, she loved it, so the decision was made.

Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2010 :  21:31:15  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I like that Bud, that is a great idea. I might have to play around with some anagrams when it comes to naming our next snake. How did you find out that hypomelanistic could become Alice Hypnotism

0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

newsnakekeeper
Hatchling

United Kingdom
222 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2010 :  22:12:37  Show Profile  Send newsnakekeeper an AOL message  Click to see newsnakekeeper's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Who the bleep is alice lol

Go to Top of Page

Budaholic
Yearling

United Kingdom
689 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2010 :  08:39:56  Show Profile  Visit Budaholic's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kdlang

I like that Bud, that is a great idea. I might have to play around with some anagrams when it comes to naming our next snake. How did you find out that hypomelanistic could become Alice Hypnotism

Online anagram genrator, there's loads of them, but this one is pretty good -

http://freespace.virgin.net/martin.mamo/anagram.html

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000