hi
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

5 Posts

Posted - 25/01/2010 :  21:32:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi everyone,my name is lisa..this week i will be getting my first corn snake,iam excited but a little nervous too,hope to get to know you all..lisaxx

n/a
deleted

441 Posts

Posted - 25/01/2010 :  21:41:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome lisa to the forum
Great feeling to be getting your first snake I bet you cant wait
Link that you might find helpful
http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/corn_snake_care_sheet.htm

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 25/01/2010 :  21:42:34  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hey, welcome to the forums. This is a great place to come when you first get your corn, everybody is so friendly and there is a wealth of knowledge to be heard.

Don't froget the 1 week rule when you do get your corn and we will be waiting to see some pics.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 25/01/2010 :  21:45:45  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi Lisa. Welcome. Looking forward to hearing more about your corn and seeing some pictures

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

876 Posts

Posted - 25/01/2010 :  21:47:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello and Welcome
xXx

Slinky-Tallulah-Fairy-Bell

"My Heart has joined The Thousand for my friend stopped running today"
Go to Top of Page

newsnakekeeper
Hatchling

United Kingdom
222 Posts

Posted - 25/01/2010 :  22:54:16  Show Profile  Send newsnakekeeper an AOL message  Click to see newsnakekeeper's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum i am a newbie as well got my first corn just before xmas but was best choice i made must admit

Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 25/01/2010 :  23:44:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey and welcome
that link already posted has loads of great info on it about the basic most important things your snake will need,
also when you do bring your snake home make sure you leave them to settle in on their own for a week, no handling, no feeding zip, just regular water changes

feel free to ask any question - nothing is deemed silly or unimportant here

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

378 Posts

Posted - 25/01/2010 :  23:49:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Lisa and welcome.

Good choice of forum you have made! ;-> There are a lot of people here with years of experience and on hand if you have any queries when you get your snake or now in preperation of getting him or her.

Had corns myself for 11 years so I know a fair bit but hey we all learn something new every day don't we!?

Have you bought any equipment yet in preparation? As Rich78 suggested the link to care sheet is a good place to start... one point we can't stress enough is to remember your thermostat to control the heat source.

Ben

0.1.0 Anery corn- LegLess
1.0.0 Carolina corn- NoFeet
1.0.0 Syrian hamster- Jabba
0.2.0 Albino ferrets- Mable & Sue
1.0.0 Cat- Ned
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 26/01/2010 :  03:02:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum Lisa! As already stated this is a great forum with lots of experienced owners happy to give their advice and support. You also get lots of fun and friendship . I am so glad you are on here researching about your corn before you get it, well done. All too often people go out and buy one then get home and think 'What now?'. I am not sure how much information you have already learnt about corn snake keeping, so sorry if I am repeating information you already know...but it is better heard twice than not at all.

The forum provides great information. The best place to look has already been mentioned a number of times - the care sheet, it has lots of information for new snake owners. Also read this topic on 'Your 1st Snake' http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4133

Again, as already mentioned, you should not handle or feed your corn for a week. This is The one-week rule...no handling or feeding for the first week to allow it to get over the stress of the move and for it to get used to the new smells and its new surroundings. This means just putting your hand in to change the water daily and straighten the substrate, which means it can get used to your smell and not be threatened by you. You are rarely advised this in a lot of pet shops but it is an important way of getting your snake to de-stress and feel safe with you. It is a hard week, very frustrating, but worth it for the snake's sake.

Unfortunately with many pet shops you cannot trust what they are telling you . Double check anything you have been told with us on here. As HannahB said, no question is regarded as a silly question .....it is much better asked and answered, you will probably find others who want the info too! First place to look is in the top right hand corner of the screen where there is a search button...type in what you are worried about and see if you can find an answer, if not then dont hesitate to ask !

When you get your snake I hope you get as much info about it as possible....shedding history, feeding history etc. Start your own 'Snake Diary', noting things like weight, length, feeding dates and what you feed, shedding dates, health problems. I know it seems a bit over the top but it is actually really helpful keeping track of your snake's health - I even note when Kellog and Silvesta poo !!

Unwritten forum rule - pics as soon as possible! This link will help - http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14

I am not surprised you are excited and also nervous too. You are allowed to be !! It is a big thing taking on a new pet, especially one that is so different to the normal dogs and cats. We all become neurotic, paranoid mums and dads to begin with (and most of us stay that way !!)

A warning - corn snakes are addictive.....and yes, the majority of us have stood up, said "hello my name is **** and I am addicted to corns........! And I am proud of it!" You have just started down that corn path so be warned!!

xxx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

480 Posts

Posted - 26/01/2010 :  10:55:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi and welcome from another newbie.

1.0.0 Amel, Steve

WISH LIST: blue tongue skink.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

5 Posts

Posted - 26/01/2010 :  13:11:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks for all the welcomes guys..
Go to Top of Page

lmfastcars
Hatchling

United Kingdom
360 Posts

Posted - 26/01/2010 :  17:14:29  Show Profile  Click to see lmfastcars's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hey :) welcome remember to put pics of your corn up asap :D

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 26/01/2010 :  19:36:20  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hi and welcome

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

5 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2010 :  19:13:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi,will be getting my corn on fri night,he says its a anery ghost iam not sure about colours new to this so is this a corn colour?thanks
Go to Top of Page

nails
Hatchling

United Kingdom
151 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2010 :  20:32:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello and welcome to the forum

1 Carolina Corn- Wizard, 1 Anery corn- Epi, 1 snow corn Casper
Go to Top of Page

Lilpunk
Yearling

512 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2010 :  21:20:54  Show Profile  Click to see Lilpunk's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yep, it's a color alright, and welcome to the forum! Sorry can't help with what it looks like though, wait for the experts xD

*Edited: To make sure morph details weren't wrongly given.

0.0.1 Carolina corn - (renamed) Lumos.
2.0.0 Shetlands - Winston & Rupert.
1.3.0 Guinea pigs - Coffee, Nutkin, Rosemary & Thyme.
0.1.0 Yorkshire Terrier - Poppy.

Edited by - Lilpunk on 27/01/2010 21:22:22
Go to Top of Page

LittleMick
Yearling

United Kingdom
563 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2010 :  21:37:29  Show Profile  Visit LittleMick's Homepage  Click to see LittleMick's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I haven't personnally heard of ANERY Ghost, But Anery is short for Anerythristic meaning it lacks the red pigment/colour. And Ghost will be just the name of the colouration. You can find examples of Aneries and Ghosts on this site

http://iansvivarium.com/cornmorphs.php

Oh and welcome to the forum

0.4.0 Gerbils (Gemini, Pica, Gerty and Sasha)
0.1.0 Leopard Gecko (Elle)
1.0.0 Carolina Corn Snake(Elijah)
0.0.1 Emperor/Imperial Scorpion (Abbi)
2.0.0 Roborovski Dwarf Hamsters (Micro & Chippy)
Tropical fish - 6 Platys.6 Mollies.9 Glowlight Tetra.4 Pearl Gouramis.4 Apple Snails.1 Tiger Plec.2 Common Bristlenose Plecs and lots of babies.
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2010 :  23:04:47  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
heya and welcome

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

352 Posts

Posted - 28/01/2010 :  16:17:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
just ask these guys the questions before getting scared or panic. They've got some pretty good info here.
quote:
Originally posted by lisatheo

hi everyone,my name is lisa..this week i will be getting my first corn snake,iam excited but a little nervous too,hope to get to know you all..lisaxx

Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 28/01/2010 :  23:27:47  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

A warning - corn snakes are addictive.....and yes, the majority of us have stood up, said "hello my name is **** and I am addicted to corns........! And I am proud of it!" You have just started down that corn path so be warned!!

xxx

was that the swear filter?

ghost is hypo + anery so its most likely a badly described ghost: http://iansvivarium.com/morphguide/ghost/

......and welcome to TCS! :D

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000