Possibly moving
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

352 Posts

Posted - 19/01/2010 :  13:06:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is a possibility that my husband's company will move him to England for our next foreign job assignment. Who do I talk to about bringing Snickers with me? Will they allow me to fly with her on the plane as long as I put her in a pillowcase? The flight is only a little over an hour from where we live now. How long will my poor little Nacho have to stay in quarentine? He has a passport and he has both the American and the German chips. He won't eat when we are not with him. I had one chihuahua starve herself to death in a kennel because they didn't listen to me. I don't want that to happen to nacho in quarentine.Who do I contact concerning these issues?

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 19/01/2010 :  13:26:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your snake will not be allowed into the cabin with you. You will either have you use special transport services or put him in the hold. Your airline will be able to advise you.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

352 Posts

Posted - 19/01/2010 :  14:41:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK, Thanks for that info. At least I know now that I can take her with me. I guess I'd have to get a heat transport thing to put with her so she will stay warm in the hold.
quote:
Originally posted by SexyBear77

Your snake will not be allowed into the cabin with you. You will either have you use special transport services or put him in the hold. Your airline will be able to advise you.

Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 19/01/2010 :  20:30:57  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
good news! theres no quarantine for snakes! I'm not sure about the rules for flying snakes over, but when you come over on a ferry with them all you need is a bit of paper to say you are the owner, and also something certifying its in good health (letter from vets i think).

your best bet is to contact DEFRA who will be able to tell you the official neccessities. http://www.defra.gov.uk

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 19/01/2010 :  20:36:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Isnt the quarantine query for her dog?

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

352 Posts

Posted - 19/01/2010 :  21:15:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yes, the quarentine is for my dog. I'm worried about that since he's never been away from me when we didn't have a private baby sitter for him that he would eat for. I don't know how the quarentine works and whether they will let me visit him *daily* so he will eat.
quote:
Originally posted by SexyBear77

Isnt the quarantine query for her dog?

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 19/01/2010 :  22:06:05  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
DEFRA are definitely the people to contact whether you're bringing an animal into or out of the country on a temporary or permanent basis

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 20/01/2010 :  00:10:49  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
woops!

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000