deleted

915 Posts

Posted - 17/01/2010 :  23:18:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Matts_Mum

quote:
Originally posted by Chrissy

ah fair point about the lack of stats on most "full" set ups

I've seen plenty for sale on line as 'complete set up, all you need to get started' blah blah blah, and was told by one of my own local shops that I didn't need one.

can get rather annoying!, i'm just glad thatwhere i got the tofinator from, they insisted on a thermostat and even explained to me why it's needed!

0.1.0 Snow Corn Snake - Tof
1.0.0 Stripe Cali King - Su'tey
1.0.0 Staffordshire Bull Terrier x Rottweiler - Twix
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

118 Posts

Posted - 17/01/2010 :  23:38:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lol GP, I've only seen one Anery in the real world, but I can guess there'd be lots of different ones... just to make it harder for people like me!

Chrissy, I think some of them would rather have a sale for £20 less than no sale at all.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

915 Posts

Posted - 18/01/2010 :  00:06:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Chrissy, I think some of them would rather have a sale for £20 less than no sale at all.

indeed, it is such a shame that it's the snakes that suffer for it, and not to mention the poor unsuspecting owners that may loose the snake over it

0.1.0 Snow Corn Snake - Tof
1.0.0 Stripe Cali King - Su'tey
1.0.0 Staffordshire Bull Terrier x Rottweiler - Twix
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 18/01/2010 :  21:14:34  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

Lol GP, I've only seen one Anery in the real world, but I can guess there'd be lots of different ones... just to make it harder for people like me!

there's a lot of morphs that can visually be one or another possibility but can be proved by selectively breeding them, just as an example some caramels can look like ambers.....
it DOES make it hard for beginners and experienced breeders alike at times!

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 24/01/2010 :  23:27:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
he looks charcoal to me, the best way is to look at the face and neck, charcoals are type b anery, and have no yellow on their sides down their neck, and also if you look at their faces, you can see a sort of purple hue, they are very pretty!

You can see my charcoal on the right, if you can zoom in, you will see no yellow, and possibly a bit of purple on her cheeks.

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 24/01/2010 :  23:34:10  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
your anery motley is a particularly dark example in contrast...

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 25/01/2010 :  00:01:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah he is really dark! hes a stunning boy, i have plans for him this year and hes gonna love it! hes a bit of a keen breeder, kinda doesnt take no for an answer!

Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 25/01/2010 :  13:02:26  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
not all charcoals have no yellow, so thats not a reliable method of distinguishing from anery. Check out the eyes, thats usually a good indicator which is which (but again not 100% reliable)

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

43 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2010 :  15:08:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anery. Charcoals are a lot lighter and generally show signs of brown & grey colouring as opposed to strictly black and yellows in an anery...
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2010 :  19:02:27  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kloe2008

Anery. Charcoals are a lot lighter and generally show signs of brown & grey colouring as opposed to strictly black and yellows in an anery...

anery fades out to grey as they get older, and some turn a mucky brown colour ;)

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

118 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2010 :  21:00:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well whatever he was it seems he's now gone to a new home!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000