New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Nazzle
Hatchling

United Kingdom
138 Posts

Posted - 14/01/2010 :  21:31:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Really big thanks to T pets in leeds: Shylah has now eaten! Thanks for all the advice from everyone on here as well. Lets hope he keeps it down and carries on feeding.

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 14/01/2010 :  22:34:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nadine, that is fantastic news . It has been a long month for you since he last had a proper feed and I know how worried you must have been.

How long has he been with T Pets? How did they manage to get him to feed? I know he was down to 11g last time you posted, do you know his weight now? (sorry, lots of questions!!)

I do hope he doesnt regurge, so please keep us updated on how he is doing.

It is a positive step forward and lets hope that he continues to take these baby steps, first keeping this feed down and then taking the next feed - one step at a time.

xxx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

893 Posts

Posted - 15/01/2010 :  11:31:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Excellent, well done to you!

Go to Top of Page

Nazzle
Hatchling

United Kingdom
138 Posts

Posted - 15/01/2010 :  11:47:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He's been with T pets for a week, and they took him as they have had a large number of his clutch-mates also stop eating and so were generally worried about them too, and as I'm in more regular contact they wanted to see the problem themselves. The ones who stopped eating before Shy apparently went downhill pretty quickly. He strike fed, but only when he held the pinkie in his hand as he didn't like the feeding tonge(something I can't do as I have lymphodema so even a small cut can end up with me being in hospital). I don't know what he weighs now, but they are going to keep him for 4 feeds before I fetch him home, although they have offered for me to go in so I can see him feed, which I'm very grateful for. It is making me wonder what I have done differently to them as I have followed the care sheet and advice on here religiously and with the others (hatchies, adults and royals) I've never had a problem.

I'm just VERY relieved he ate, and hope that that might stimulate a shed as he hasn't had one since the beginning of October. Thanks again T pets!

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

876 Posts

Posted - 15/01/2010 :  21:07:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thats Fantastic news!!
Really pleased for you!
xXx

Slinky-Tallulah-Fairy-Bell

"My Heart has joined The Thousand for my friend stopped running today"
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 16/01/2010 :  06:29:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nazzle

He's been with T pets for a week, and they took him as they have had a large number of his clutch-mates also stop eating and so were generally worried about them too, and as I'm in more regular contact they wanted to see the problem themselves. The ones who stopped eating before Shy apparently went downhill pretty quickly. He strike fed, but only when he held the pinkie in his hand as he didn't like the feeding tonge(something I can't do as I have lymphodema so even a small cut can end up with me being in hospital). I don't know what he weighs now, but they are going to keep him for 4 feeds before I fetch him home, although they have offered for me to go in so I can see him feed, which I'm very grateful for. It is making me wonder what I have done differently to them as I have followed the care sheet and advice on here religiously and with the others (hatchies, adults and royals) I've never had a problem.

I'm just VERY relieved he ate, and hope that that might stimulate a shed as he hasn't had one since the beginning of October. Thanks again T pets!

It is very interesting that a number of his clutch were also non-feeders, makes you wonder why....(breeders amongst us, can you answer that?)

You are lucky to have such a good pet shop so near you and one that is so concerned about their snakes that they wanted to get to the bottom of the problem .

I seriously doubt that the difference was you holding the pinkie in tongs and them holding it by hand, so please dont worry about you doing something wrong. It is fantastic that they are offering to let you come and watch him feed...I would do that for as many feeds as you can so you can see how they are doing it and how it may differ to what you have been trying. Really I am suggesting that you go in just so you can see your baby ! I am not sure if they will want him handled at the moment, but it may be worth asking and going in 48hrs after a feed so you can hold him a bit.

I am sure that once he is eating regularly then he will begin shedding normally, all the while he wasnt eating he wasnt growing so had no need to shed. Here's hoping everything is ok, although I know it is still early days yet.

xxx

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000