I broke my computer :(
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Twi
Yearling

United Kingdom
536 Posts

Posted - 14/01/2010 :  15:35:54  Show Profile  Click to see Twi's MSN Messenger address  Send Twi a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Dunno what happened, tried to update my antivirus and it kept saying it couldnt update until i corrected the time and date on my computer o.O so I rebooted to see if that would work. But it didn't. Then my mouse stopped working randomly so i rebooted again only this time it asked it i wanted to start up in safe mode, restore to the last working session or start normally. I clicked start normally blue screen appeared and it rebooted, i clicked restore, it went black then rebooted, i tried opening in safe mode again it went black and rebooted
So o.o unless anyone knows what might be causing it and how i can fix it i think my computer is pretty much dead

1.0.0 Snow Motley Corn Snake. (Mouse)
1.0.0 Amel Corn Snake. (Ginger)
0.2.0 Chinese Crested Dogs. (Skeebee & Yuki)
0.1.0 Bullmastiff x American Bulldog (Tsukira)
1.1.0 Ferrets. (Spike & Buffy)
0.2.0 Aylesbury Ducks. (Crispy & Nibbles)

sexychef
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
937 Posts

Posted - 14/01/2010 :  16:10:52  Show Profile  Click to see sexychef's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
have you still got a copy of the software on a disc?

Go to Top of Page

Stumpy
Hatchling

United Kingdom
418 Posts

Posted - 14/01/2010 :  16:22:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Check the battery, it sounds as if the Battery that powers the bios is dead.
On startup can you use F2 to get to the bios screen you may need to reset the motherboard time.

Edited by - Stumpy on 14/01/2010 16:23:05
Go to Top of Page

Twi
Yearling

United Kingdom
536 Posts

Posted - 14/01/2010 :  16:35:50  Show Profile  Click to see Twi's MSN Messenger address  Send Twi a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
it didn't come with a disk because the drives partitioned with all the stuff for wiping the hard drive back to factory settings on one site which you can get into pressing F10 on start up but it crashes when i try to do that.

Battery? tis a desktop compy.

if it helps it stopped on blue screen long enough for me to get the code at the bottom when i last tried. thats *** STOP: 0x00000024 (0x00190203, 0x8A05F008, 0xC0000102, 0x00000000)

Not sure what I can do with it really, never had problems getting into the other side of the hard drive to repair things or restore it to factory settings, never had a problem where it wont even let me load up on safe mode either o.o

Go to Top of Page

Stumpy
Hatchling

United Kingdom
418 Posts

Posted - 14/01/2010 :  17:15:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Even Desktop computers have a battery, it powers the CMOS, when the computer turns off it needs to maintain settings. This is powered by a battery similar to those used in watches.

Go to Top of Page

Twi
Yearling

United Kingdom
536 Posts

Posted - 14/01/2010 :  17:16:52  Show Profile  Click to see Twi's MSN Messenger address  Send Twi a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
o.o never seen one, been in there cause i stole my graphics card to run this desktop while i try to find a way to fix it lol

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

876 Posts

Posted - 14/01/2010 :  18:42:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Twi

...while i try to find a way to fix it lol

Hammer..?

xXx

Slinky-Tallulah-Fairy-Bell

"My Heart has joined The Thousand for my friend stopped running today"
Go to Top of Page

Twi
Yearling

United Kingdom
536 Posts

Posted - 14/01/2010 :  18:58:03  Show Profile  Click to see Twi's MSN Messenger address  Send Twi a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skorps

quote:
Originally posted by Twi

...while i try to find a way to fix it lol

Hammer..?

xXx

haha its getting close to that xD

Go to Top of Page

Taz Devil
Hatchling

United Kingdom
188 Posts

Posted - 14/01/2010 :  23:35:50  Show Profile  Visit Taz Devil's Homepage  Click to see Taz Devil's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'm afraid that this is just a cut and paste from another site (geekswhoknow.com)

quote:

This stop error means that your ntfs file system is corrupt (damage in the file system, bad hard drive data, corrupt SCSI or IDE drivers or a corrupt ntfs.sys file).

How do I resolve the problem?

There are two ways,

1, If you still can access Windows, try to disable any backup programs, virus scanning programs or disk defragmenter tools. Try also to run a hardware diagnostics tool to detect any errors your hard drive might have. And run chkdsk /r to detect and repair any file system structural damage.

2, If you are unable to load Windows. Then you should try to access your ntfs partitions by making a ntfs boot disk with NTFS4DOS (freeware). You can download it from http://www.geekswhoknow.com/files/ntfsinst.exe You will need a floppy disk.

After you load the bootable floppy disk onto your damaged system, select either option one (1) or option three (3). If you selected option one (1), type chkdsk /r at the command prompt, and your problem should go away after the disk has been repaired.

Note! Unfortunately there is a chance that your partition is corrupt beyond repair and all of your data is lost. In that case, you need to reformat the partition to be able to use it again.

Additional information can be found at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q228888

Good luck!

0.1.0 Corn Snake (Sid)

Sids Live WebCam
http://snakecam.tazworld.co.uk
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000