Playmates ???
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Paul Hume
Hatchling

United Kingdom
148 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2010 :  14:33:17  Show Profile  Visit Paul Hume's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi all,

I want to start this topic by saying that I have no intention of housing my corns together.

I was doing their daily handling today and wondered what would happen if I handled them both at the same time ? obviously out of the fauns but would they be likely to fight or would this kind of thing usually be ok?

also is there any special way of introducint them or is it just get both out and then put them together.

thanks for any help in advance.

Our House:
2 x Carolina Corns
1 x Snow Corn
1 x Amel Corn
1 x Royal Python

sexychef
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
937 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2010 :  14:58:16  Show Profile  Click to see sexychef's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i ave handled all three of my corns together but one of them is a fisty male when it comes to the ladies and he gets all arroused. they may show signs of twitching but as long as they are the same size should be ok and that niether of them have mites

Go to Top of Page

Paul Hume
Hatchling

United Kingdom
148 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2010 :  15:03:10  Show Profile  Visit Paul Hume's Homepage  Reply with Quote
One of them is smaller than the other, their ages are aprox 6 and 3 months, I have put their sizes at last check below. I am 90% sure they are both female (going by a site that was posted showing the difference in tails.)

Tiny, 6 Months Old, 20g, 36cm last measure
Snowy, 3 Months Old, 9g, 31cm last measure.

Our House:
2 x Carolina Corns
1 x Snow Corn
1 x Amel Corn
1 x Royal Python
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2010 :  15:11:32  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I don't see any issue with handling multiple snakes at a time, so long as you are a bit more aware that sometimes 2 can be more awkward than one, especially if (should that be when) they both decide to go in different directions.

So long as there isn't a huge size difference then being careful is the only recommendation from me.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2010 :  20:09:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I must admit that the OH has wanted to try this with Kellog and Silvesta but so far I have managed to dissuade him. It is certainly not a good idea at the moment but do wonder about it in the future. I know Kellog was very attracted to Silvesta's viv when I had him out handling and he headed in that direction...and Silvesta responded by coming out of his hide to the glass.

I think Kehhlyr has mentioned the most difficult aspect...having 2 snakes out at once and them heading in different directions. Always a chance of one escaping your grip and disappearing under a sofa or behind shelving etc. If you do it I would advise it to be a 2 person operation, with each person responsible for one particular snake.

I will be very interested to hear if you do attempt this and the results.

xxx

Go to Top of Page

Paul Hume
Hatchling

United Kingdom
148 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2010 :  22:35:56  Show Profile  Visit Paul Hume's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I did do this earlier, and it was a sucess :0) Tiny is a generally well balanced snake and doesnt go anywhere fast lol where as Snowy is still a little skitish. they didnt seem that bothered by each other really, the came face to face and edged closer and closer and then it all got a bit too much for Tiny and she backed away.

It is definately somthing I will keep up as neither of them seemed stressed by any of it.

p.s. I did have my OH on stand by just incase lol

Our House:
2 x Carolina Corns
1 x Snow Corn
1 x Amel Corn
1 x Royal Python
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page