deleted

441 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2010 :  23:52:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Coco enjoying a pinkie!

lucifer
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
780 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2010 :  00:39:23  Show Profile  Visit lucifer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nice photo looks like Coco enjoys her food.
Just out of interest do you feed on the substrate?

5.2.0 Cornsnakes: Lucien (Amel), Zero Kiryu (Blizzard), Aura (Butter Stripe), Montana (Normal), Edison (Lavender Stripe), Liberty (Hypo Lavender), Orlando (Anery)
2.0.0 Royals: Q & Little One
Twitter: @BlutAura
DeviantART: BlutAura
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2010 :  04:35:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Coco is such an interesting looking snake, with his colours and patterns.

Like Lucifer, I would be concerned about feeding him on the substrate in case he swallows some along with his dinner, which can cause serious problems. Maybe you could either consider feeding him outside of viv in RUB or, at least, putting something over substrate like paper or a tile or putting pinkie on a plate...so no substrate is near Coco's mouth when he eats.

xxx

Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2010 :  11:12:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hes lovely

kitchen towel is useful for putting the pinkies on so that it stays substrate free

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2010 :  14:10:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Eating in blue, nice one.

It's like eating food of the carpet, you wont want fluff or hairs to get on your dinner so we use plates, which is what the kitchen rolls like

Except aspen if swallowed by snakey will do a bit more harm than if we swallowed a hair...
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2010 :  14:45:32  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
It is probably better to feed them outside of the viv, but if you want to feed in the viv you must atleast put the pinky on some sort of paper towel or plate so no aspen is digested.

I feed casper outside of the viv as she strikes at me enough as it is and i read on a few websites that if you feed them in the viv they are more likely to look at you as food. But other than that i also find it easier, don't want to take no risks with casper digesting something she shouldn't.

Also arn't you meant to not feed them from when they are in blue to when they shed their skin? Or is it just that they are less likely to take the food? could someone please clear this up for me?

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2010 :  14:47:34  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Oh Coco is a gorgeous snake by the way, i love his markings

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Go to Top of Page

lucifer
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
780 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2010 :  18:14:49  Show Profile  Visit lucifer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DannyBrown91
Also arn't you meant to not feed them from when they are in blue to when they shed their skin? Or is it just that they are less likely to take the food? could someone please clear this up for me?

Some snakes will be happy eating during blue, some won't eat at all and other will be stressed by it. Its all about playing it by the ear and seeing how comfortable your snake is with it.

5.2.0 Cornsnakes: Lucien (Amel), Zero Kiryu (Blizzard), Aura (Butter Stripe), Montana (Normal), Edison (Lavender Stripe), Liberty (Hypo Lavender), Orlando (Anery)
2.0.0 Royals: Q & Little One
Twitter: @BlutAura
DeviantART: BlutAura
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

441 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2010 :  18:50:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the posts guys and the concern over me feeding in the tank. She has her food put on the rock and takes it off there like the one in her mouth.
The over fell off but I did not want to disturb her while eating the first one.
I think I will have to put something else in with a bigger surface area for food to stop that happening. Coco takes her food better in her viv where she feels safe. I feed her with tweezers so that my smell is not on the pinkie much.

Rich

Edited by - n/a on 08/01/2010 18:52:40
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2010 :  20:09:16  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rich78

Coco takes her food better in her viv where she feels safe. I feed her with tweezers so that my smell is not on the pinkie much.

Rich

Casper on the other hand isn't bothered where she eats, i have a tub that i put her in with her food but sometimes she strikes at the pinky before i have even placed her down.

Casper just seems to strike at everything that has or once did have a pulse...

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

915 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2010 :  21:03:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
she is a cutie nice pics!

0.1.0 Snow Corn Snake - Tof
1.0.0 Stripe Cali King - Su'tey
1.0.0 Staffordshire Bull Terrier x Rottweiler - Twix
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

441 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2010 :  22:11:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

she is a cutie nice pics!
quote:

Thanks Chrissy Coco is coming on well now. when I bought her from a shop I thought that she was the size she should be for her age.

That was till I got my other three from another breeder that are around the same age.

They dwarferd her in length and girth which led me to think that the shop had only been mainteance feeding her

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2010 :  05:16:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rich78

That was till I got my other three from another breeder that are around the same age.

They dwarferd her in length and girth which led me to think that the shop had only been mainteance feeding her

If that is the case then you are doing a fantastic job with her Rich and it will be really interesting watching her development in comparison with Montana, Indy and Ruby.

(hadnt even noticed she was blue...which I should have ! Cant wait to see pics of her after shed as her colours are lovely even while she is blue!)

xxx

Edited by - Kellog on 09/01/2010 05:18:11
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

441 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2010 :  17:55:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

If that is the case then you are doing a fantastic job with her Rich and it will be really interesting watching her development in comparison with Montana, Indy and Ruby.

(hadnt even noticed she was blue...which I should have ! Cant wait to see pics of her after shed as her colours are lovely even while she is blue!)

xxx
quote:

Thanks Kellog it will be intresting to see if she catches them up in size.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000