New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sammysnake
Yearling

United Kingdom
606 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2010 :  21:10:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just been and picked up this little beauty courtesy of Esme from the forum. I make him 116g and 25 inches long (done with a bit of string whilst he was VERY wiggly!)

I am SOOOOO happy with him. He seems really confident. He was very quick when Mike was first holding him whilst I straightened out out his viv but he calmed down really quickly, even though he'd had a long and bumpy journey. He's been exploring his viv and had a drink so I think he must be OK. No more handling now though for seven days It's bad timing as it's dinner time for Twilight so I won;t see him for two days either.

He's been using a light for daytime heat but also has a heatmat and mat stat so I thought I would try him with just the mat for now. At the moment the stat is up full whack and I'm only reading 27.2 with my digital thermometer. He's on beech chippings so in the morning I'll thin them out some more even though I made sure they weren't too thick on the mat anyway.

He's a in 3ft wooden viv which is HOOOGE but he seems confident enough and I've been told he has no probs feeding. I've added an extra hide and could get some more plants too. Is it best to do this as he seems happy there or should I split the viv? I wondered about putting Twilight in the other side as he's about ready for an upgrade.

Any comments appreciated. I am such a happy lady right now.

08 male Carolina Corn ‘Saracen’
09 male Anery Corn ‘Twilight’
08 male Rankins Dragon ‘Keydo’

Sammysnake
Yearling

United Kingdom
606 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2010 :  21:12:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oops forgot, his given name is Caramel but I was thinking of changing it to Saracen. I've been researching a shortlist of names for the past few days but none seemed right. Saracen just jumped into my head on the journey home.

Go to Top of Page

hiper2009
Banned

United Kingdom
2197 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2010 :  21:44:47  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Very nice looks stunning

0.0.0 Royal Python Het Pied 100% CB10 - Chaos
1.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa CB10 - Bow/Mayhem
0.1.0 Cornsnake Amel Het Motley CB10 - Fire
1.0.0 Cornsnake Caramel Het Motley CB09 - Whisky
1.0.0 Cornsnake Snow Het Stripe CB07 - Romeo - R.I.P

1.0.0 Super Golden Labrador Dog CB02 - Bailey

Wish List:
1.2.0 Royal Python - Pastel , Pinstripe , Lesser.
Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2010 :  21:51:58  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
if hes out and about exploring the viv aslong as hes got plenty of hides i think he wil be fine, our per nights gunna be hugggggggggggggggggeeeeeeeee :)

0.1.0 creamsicle corn-Marmalade
1.0.0 jungle carpet python-Bumble
1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2010 :  01:17:13  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
now that is one good looking cornsnake!

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2010 :  05:54:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Saracen is stunning (love the name so have made the decision for you...which you obviously dont have to go along with ). Totally agree with Eeji and to get a comment like that from him is high praise indeed .

I would just wait and see how he settles in. Sounds like you have filled his viv up a bit and if he is feeding and handling fine then no need for a change.

What is the size/age difference between him and Twilight?

Means a new sig asap!

xxx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

876 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2010 :  10:37:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

Saracen is stunning (love the name so have made the decision for you

HAHA!

Lovely Snake!
Also like his new name :)
xXx

Slinky-Tallulah-Fairy-Bell

"My Heart has joined The Thousand for my friend stopped running today"
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2010 :  11:51:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ooh pretty
congrats on the new arrival

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

18 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2010 :  15:41:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
:)! glad to hear your a happy lady Sam.! im sure you will take good care of him :) xx
Go to Top of Page

Sammysnake
Yearling

United Kingdom
606 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2010 :  17:36:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for all your very kind replies! New sig done Kellog and I definitely like the name Saracen - I've been using it all day and it really seems to fit him.

Thanks everyone for the feedback on the viv. If he feeds fine with me I'll just leave it as it is. So far he's ignored the new hide I gave him and is currently buried in the substrate with only the tip of his nose showing - it's dead cute and something new for me as Twilight is on kitchen roll so he can't really burrow.

Kellog, Saracen is the big brother. Esme said she's had him for just over a year and he was a baby when she got him so I'm putting him as about July 08 (Twilight is July 09). He's about 6 inches longer but weighs 4x Twilight's weight and he feels very strong.

Heat mat is now up to 29c so I'm happy with that. I'm off to Ebay now to get a few bits. He's currently got Twilight's digital thermometer so I need to get a new one asap. Snakey shopping - is there anything better.

Go to Top of Page

Sammysnake
Yearling

United Kingdom
606 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2010 :  17:57:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just re-read Esme's original email - she's had him a year this month and he was tiny when she got him so he may be a few months younger than I originally thought. When's the usual breeding season from/to?

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2010 :  04:55:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Love the new sig Sam and great decision with the name!

xxx

Go to Top of Page

Jo-And-Danny
Hatchling

United Kingdom
310 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2010 :  13:40:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What a beautiful Carolina! Saracen is a great name for a snake! Sounds real strong

~The Zoo~
Freddie // Ghost corn
Brittany // Collie cross dog
Billie // BSH Cat
Millie // BSH Cat
Some Tropical Fishiesss

Wish List......
Another doggy
Royal Python (norm or pastel)
More Fishiesss!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic