Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

n/a
deleted

915 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2010 :  12:49:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nails

Only since March 2009, they are a bit like snakes you get one and then a few more come along, very addictive, the ex batt girlies were our first, and thats how we started, and its gone on from there, 24 ex batts have now turned into breeding trio's, and incubator for hatching our own eggs and so it goes on, not that i am thinking of breeding from the corn or the python!!!! but i did look at another corn today when i popped into Water Marque to get a digi thermometer for the Pythons viv. was very tempted to get one but they wanted £20 more than what i had paid for the first one! And they apparently come from the place i got Wizard from originally, so when i do get another i will go back to the same place as they were really helpful.

ooo not long then, additive
tis cool you can hatch your own chicks
was the corn the same morph for £20 more that what you got Wizard for?

quote:

not who you its what......... well i think Chrissy knew what i meant lol

ha yeh i knew what you meant though took me a while i will embarrassly addmit lol

0.1.0 Snow Corn Snake - Tof
1.0.0 Stripe Cali King - Su'tey
1.0.0 Staffordshire Bull Terrier x Rottweiler - Twix
Go to Top of Page

nails
Hatchling

United Kingdom
151 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2010 :  18:30:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
it was the same morph as wizard, can't believe they are selling carolina's for £50!!!! gonna look for a breeder in my area a think

1 Carolina Corn- Wizard, 1 Anery corn- Epi, 1 snow corn Casper
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

915 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2010 :  19:05:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Eeek thats rather alot of money
have you been to other rep shops in your area to look at price comparisons?

Go to Top of Page

nails
Hatchling

United Kingdom
151 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2010 :  19:39:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well we got Wizard from a Rep shop in Poole, i also brought a Rolyal Python at the time as well, (not having as much luck feeding him as i did the corn) paid £30 for him which i thought was ok. the royals at Water Marque were £80 i paid £45 for mine so their mark up is nearly 100% but unfortunatley people will pay this if they cant travel. I certainly won't be buying one from there!!!!!Cant remeber if i put it in an earlier post but the bloke had 3 pythons in the same viv, he went to put one back and the one that was already in the viv, struck and caught him on the finger and drew blood!!!!

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

915 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2010 :  01:09:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
is unfortunate that shops seem to love money and despise fairness is the little royal not eating at all, or just hard to get going every feed?
about him being bitten, aww i feel so sorry for him

Edited by - n/a on 04/01/2010 01:09:53
Go to Top of Page

Sammysnake
Yearling

United Kingdom
606 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2010 :  07:22:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I popped into the shop in Northampton whilst on my way to collect Saracen and they had Anery hatchlings for £70. Banbury charge £45 and the breeder that sold me Twilight charged £20. It certainly does pay to shop around.

08 male Carolina Corn ‘Saracen’
09 male Anery Corn ‘Twilight’
08 male Rankins Dragon ‘Keydo’
Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
686 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2010 :  10:32:09  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Congrats on the feed. Persistance and patience will get the royal feeding eventually.

quote:
Originally posted in nails sig

3 Geese and 50 Chickens
7 Sheep

V. jealous especially the geese. We wanted chickens in are garden and were looking at Buff Orpingtons and the ones with the dodgy afro hair-do (polish?) but our landlady said no . Would love to keep geese. They are soooooo cool. I was being followed around by a couple of goslings when we last went to a place down here called Manor Farm. I'd also like to keep Turkeys for the Christmas table. Feed 'em up so that they taste goooooood .

Go to Top of Page

nails
Hatchling

United Kingdom
151 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2010 :  19:02:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No the royal isn't feeding at all at the moment, i will leave him till weekend when we feed Wizard again, gonna defrost the mouse in a pot in the viv, see if the smell helps, then will warm it up with hairdryer, and see what happens. I also have a rat pup in the freezer so may try that instead. i am sure its just where he is settling in. they have all been very helpful on the sister site, royal python.
Paulusworm yes the geese are fun hoping to breed from them this year once the weather gets better!

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

915 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2010 :  19:31:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
aw well i hope the defrosting methods work you for you soon
yeh it is good on the royal python, i visit there sometimes just to take a look at what i could have ha!

Go to Top of Page

nails
Hatchling

United Kingdom
151 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2010 :  19:55:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well ithink it's early days yet, i really think that he is still settling in. i am just leaving him to it at the mo, just changing the water, no poo to pick up as he hasn't eaten!

Go to Top of Page

PunkAsF82
Yearling

United Kingdom
909 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2010 :  20:03:51  Show Profile  Visit PunkAsF82's Homepage  Click to see PunkAsF82's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
aww i have hens. we have a blue orpington, cuckoo maran, silver cuckoo maran, sivler sussex, wellsummer, white leghorn, buff orpington (or sussex, cant remember) and thats our lot atm. getting 3 more soon though :D

~~ My Zoo ~~
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon - Cooper
0.1.0 Amel corn - Lucky
0.1.0 Normal Leopard Gecko - Layla
1.1.0 Cats - Zelda the Maine Coon & Link the Ragdoll X Tabby
0.0.50 Malawi Cichlids
0.0.20 Community fish tank

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

915 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2010 :  20:35:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Well ithink it's early days yet, i really think that he is still settling in. i am just leaving him to it at the mo, just changing the water, no poo to pick up as he hasn't eaten!

yeh nothing to worry about me thinks royals are know for being picky eaters anyway

Edited by - n/a on 04/01/2010 20:35:43
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2010 :  21:58:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
how old is your royal nails?
my both are about 18months old and neither of them are eating..getting to focused on mating season methinks..poor things dont yet know they arent going to get within 5miles of a lady

i used to have a rhode island red, dont know how you spell it but it was pronounced ericana?, a white one - like a mini foghorn leghorn but without the frills and we had a beautiful blue/grey fat thing.. shame we only have the foghorn left now =(
id like a pot bellied pig next

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2010 :  22:55:58  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I wanted Rhode Islands, they get quite big for chickens don't they? I ended up with my little cherry Valley ducks instead.

Out of Curiosity Nails, where you from? and what was the rep shop in Poole?

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
686 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2010 :  09:16:22  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HannahB

id like a pot bellied pig next

Awwww. Now you're talking. Has anyone else seen those mini/micro pigs? Seriously cute!!!

Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2010 :  18:15:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You weren't allowed geese yet you have a mini dinosaur lol

Go to Top of Page

nails
Hatchling

United Kingdom
151 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2010 :  20:21:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
KEHHLRY, we are in somerset, the shop was in Poole Dorset, its called Reptile plus they also have a shop in Bournemouth as well but i have not been to that one.
HANNAHB, Beau is a couple of months i thought he was older, not weighed him as need to get some digi scales
i have to Rhode islands i want to get rid of if any one is interested LOL

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000