would love to see some of your tanks
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

29 Posts

Posted - 30/12/2009 :  02:32:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One of the things I enjoy a lot about this hobby is buying new things to decorate my tank with. Here are a few snaps of my tank after about three months of getting it. I would love to see some of your tanks too. I am always looking for ideas to improve the look and quality of life for my boy Caius.
This is the tank in all its glory.

This is the cool side

Another of the cool side. I really like the fake plants for aquariums. When Caius was shedding he was knocking these all about the place.
And this is spongebob on the warm side for my daughter....hopefully he'll be the next to be eaten.

Well thats basically it. I can't wait to see what you guys got going on.

n/a
deleted

876 Posts

Posted - 30/12/2009 :  17:20:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Haha!
Great pics!
I LOVE the "World of Snakes"- it has defiantly opened a whole new world of shopping :)
And when Slinky is older- Im going to Pimp My Viv!
:)
xXx

Slinky-Tallulah-Fairy-Bell

"My Heart has joined The Thousand for my friend stopped running today"
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 30/12/2009 :  17:28:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
maybe get some plastic plants to stick to the side and drape down so that theres a bit of cover that snakey can hide under..my king loves his hanging plants
looks good though

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

915 Posts

Posted - 30/12/2009 :  17:35:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i am loving your set up
looks like you tried to kill dear old spongebob .. do i see blood?

0.1.0 Snow Corn Snake - Tof
1.0.0 Stripe Cali King - Su'tey
1.0.0 Staffordshire Bull Terrier x Rottweiler - Twix
Go to Top of Page

Rik
Hatchling

United Kingdom
135 Posts

Posted - 31/12/2009 :  18:14:06  Show Profile  Click to see Rik's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Love inca type head and the hide under/next to the water bowl. Here's my new viv I built the other day.

Go to Top of Page

hiper2009
Banned

United Kingdom
2197 Posts

Posted - 31/12/2009 :  20:30:06  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Ghostmike , May i ask what substrate your using ?

0.0.0 Royal Python Het Pied 100% CB10 - Chaos
1.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa CB10 - Bow/Mayhem
0.1.0 Cornsnake Amel Het Motley CB10 - Fire
1.0.0 Cornsnake Caramel Het Motley CB09 - Whisky
1.0.0 Cornsnake Snow Het Stripe CB07 - Romeo - R.I.P

1.0.0 Super Golden Labrador Dog CB02 - Bailey

Wish List:
1.2.0 Royal Python - Pastel , Pinstripe , Lesser.
Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 31/12/2009 :  20:59:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
for my big lad;

and for Blaze;

both the same just different light etc.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

29 Posts

Posted - 31/12/2009 :  22:55:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hiper i'm using a coconut husk from exo-terra. i really like the look, easy cleaning, comes in bulk, and makes a nice burrowing option. rik thats a sik set up! I'm stealing the plant ideas! That is awesome that you can make that yourself. And I think hillzi is growing a little "green" in his setup. Really though its nice. Do they like the toilet paper roll? What was funny is that spongebob got knocked down and deficated upon on the first day. HAHAHAH so funny.

Go to Top of Page

hiper2009
Banned

United Kingdom
2197 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2010 :  12:23:14  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ghostmike

hiper i'm using a coconut husk from exo-terra. i really like the look, easy cleaning, comes in bulk, and makes a nice burrowing option.

How much does it cost and where can you get it from ? I wouldn't mind using that for my snakes.

Wish List:
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2010 :  13:41:39  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I am really loving these pics. I'm gettin some good ideas for when I upgrade Alice's living quarters

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

29 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2010 :  16:31:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hiper, I was wrong, its actually from a company called zoo med and the name of the product is eco earth. Its really cool. Its a compressed brick that expands to 7-8 liters of substrate. Its really good at holding and creating humidity with out being real wet. If you don't want to use it moist it dries up fairly quick too. Its also really cheap. Its lasted me so far 3 months and I get it from my local pet shops they all usually have it. I googled it and found it fairly easy if your shops don't carry it. I would really reccomend it to anyone as its very multifunctional all natural and recycleable.

Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2010 :  17:11:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That can help cause RI's as it makes the humidity rise! haha gm, it's fake..

honest..
Go to Top of Page

hiper2009
Banned

United Kingdom
2197 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2010 :  19:47:33  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hiper, I was wrong, its actually from a company called zoo med and the name of the product is eco earth. Its really cool. Its a compressed brick that expands to 7-8 liters of substrate. Its really good at holding and creating humidity with out being real wet. If you don't want to use it moist it dries up fairly quick too. Its also really cheap. Its lasted me so far 3 months and I get it from my local pet shops they all usually have it. I googled it and found it fairly easy if your shops don't carry it. I would really reccomend it to anyone as its very multifunctional all natural and recycleable.

How much did it cost you ??

Wish List:
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2010 :  06:10:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

.....eco earth..... Its a compressed brick that expands to 7-8 liters of substrate. Its really good at holding and creating humidity with out being real wet.

I must admit that the mention of it holding and creating humidity worries me Ghostmike, cos that is the last thing corns need. According to the site you mentioned it is compressed coconut fibre and is used to increase humidity in an enclosure. As Hillzi has put, increased humidity can cause RI's.

xxx

Go to Top of Page

Lilpunk
Yearling

512 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2010 :  08:45:38  Show Profile  Click to see Lilpunk's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I bought some spagnum (spelling?) moss in brick format a bit like what you have explained, but I bought it to line my hides when both dry and wet. Wet for shedding and dry for everyday use.
It will only cause the humidity to rise if it is not left to thoroughly dry-out.

0.0.1 Carolina corn - (renamed) Lumos.
2.0.0 Shetlands - Winston & Rupert.
1.3.0 Guinea pigs - Coffee, Nutkin, Rosemary & Thyme.
0.1.0 Yorkshire Terrier - Poppy.
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2010 :  11:01:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lilpunk

I bought some spagnum (spelling?) moss in brick format a bit like what you have explained, but I bought it to line my hides when both dry and wet. Wet for shedding and dry for everyday use.
It will only cause the humidity to rise if it is not left to thoroughly dry-out.

Thanks Lil, didnt realise it would be ok to use without it raising the humidity....lets just hope it is left to dry out thoroughly.

xxx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

29 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2010 :  04:59:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought during a shed it was good to raise to about 50% humidity. If I'm wrong i'd like to know for future sheds. But for everyday use it does dry out super fast in air. If you want to re-mist it you can easily. It costs about 5 bucks hiper. By the way...what is RI. Rectal inflamation? lol. What were you talking about that was fake hillzi? I missed that one.

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2010 :  05:17:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I thought during a shed it was good to raise to about 50% humidity. If I'm wrong i'd like to know for future sheds. But for everyday use it does dry out super fast in air. If you want to re-mist it you can easily. It costs about 5 bucks hiper. By the way...what is RI. Rectal inflamation? lol.

Most corns shed fine without the need to raise humidity. It is only if you have a problem shedder that you may want to do a couple of things to help, but certainly not raise the humidity that high.

Most people simply move the water bowl (or a bigger water bowl) over the heat mat and that is enough to increas the humidity. You can add a moss hide or mist the viv every morning...but again this should only be done if it is felt necessary to help your snake shed.

An RI is a repiratory infection and is caused by too much humidity. (is that right GP?)

xxx

Go to Top of Page

Lilpunk
Yearling

512 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2010 :  08:50:32  Show Profile  Click to see Lilpunk's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I believe RI's is exactly what you said Kellog, but I'm only 99% sure lol
I don't know about how high humidity should be, but 50% sounds like a lot... I just usually keep her moist so she can slough the skin, I don't usually wet her surroundings, but I might be doing it wrong Move the bowl like Kellog said.

0.0.1 Carolina corn - (renamed) Lumos.
2.0.0 Shetlands - Winston & Rupert.
1.3.0 Guinea pigs - Coffee, Nutkin, Rosemary & Thyme.
0.1.0 Yorkshire Terrier - Poppy.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000