Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Morphs
 Could someone take a look at this please?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

213 Posts

Posted - 29/12/2009 :  22:10:34  Show Profile
Hi there.

Got a better/clearer pic sent to me of the snake I have been looking to buy (although the pic still isn't great).

He's almost 3 years old and whilst the seller isn't sure of his Morph they thought he was a reverse okeetee and I originally thought he was too. But I kept checking and re-checking Ians Viv and now I really don't know. He looks too red to be Amel and the bands of white around his red blotches look wide enough to be reverse okeetee but I've looked and looked so much now that I can't really see for looking anymore (if that makes sense!).

I've looked in the Ians Viv morph guide and also on the Corn guide on the forum there too and I can similarities between him and some of the Amels AND Reverse Okeetees!! The thing is; I really want a RO so I'd appreciate your input. If it turns out to be an Amel then you've saved me a car journey, if you're pretty sure it's an RO then it's down South I go! Thanks guys x Take a look.........

0.0.1 Normal Corn (Cinco), 0.1.0 Ghost Motley (Sadie), 1.0.0 Amel Corn (Snuggles), 0.0.1 Classic Corn (The Stig), 1.0.0 Pastel Royal Python (Ba'al), 1.0.0 Pinstripe Royal Python (Paladin), 4.0.0 Cats, 1.0.0 Other Half, 0.3.0 Drains on My Resources (or Daughters)

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 29/12/2009 :  23:32:12  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Definitely Amel, maybe RO, would need more pics of to see it in real life.

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 29/12/2009 :  23:53:00  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage
can you get a pic closer to the tail?

at the moment, i'd say its bordering on being an RO, but thats just a fancy name attached to amels with big white borders ;)

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

213 Posts

Posted - 30/12/2009 :  00:03:02  Show Profile
quote:
at the moment, i'd say its bordering on being an RO, but thats just a fancy name attached to amels with big white borders ;)

LMAO

Oddly enough, I'd JUST finished saying that to my OH, then I refreshed the page and saw that post!!! I've emailed the seller for another pic but no reply as yet :( .

Thanks to both of you for looking and replying. I'm inclined to believe that it's an Amel but I've decided that either Amel or RO, it's a very pretty snake that daughter #1 has fallen for, the price is good and it comes with all the equipment and gubbins so I'm going to go for it.

Yay and thanks guys xx

0.0.1 Normal Corn (Cinco), 0.1.0 Ghost Motley (Sadie), 1.0.0 Amel Corn (Snuggles), 0.0.1 Classic Corn (The Stig), 1.0.0 Pastel Royal Python (Ba'al), 1.0.0 Pinstripe Royal Python (Paladin), 4.0.0 Cats, 1.0.0 Other Half, 0.3.0 Drains on My Resources (or Daughters)

Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 30/12/2009 :  12:55:55  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage
excellent! :D

I love amels with lots of white, it really makes the bright reds and oranges stand out :)

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 30/12/2009 :  14:43:24  Show Profile
pretty snake - look forwards to the pics and congrats on the new arrival

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

hiper2009
Banned

United Kingdom
2197 Posts

Posted - 30/12/2009 :  16:25:36  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by eeji

I love amels with lots of white, it really makes the bright reds and oranges stand out :)

Didn't know that

0.0.0 Royal Python Het Pied 100% CB10 - Chaos
1.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa CB10 - Bow/Mayhem
0.1.0 Cornsnake Amel Het Motley CB10 - Fire
1.0.0 Cornsnake Caramel Het Motley CB09 - Whisky
1.0.0 Cornsnake Snow Het Stripe CB07 - Romeo - R.I.P

1.0.0 Super Golden Labrador Dog CB02 - Bailey

Wish List:
1.2.0 Royal Python - Pastel , Pinstripe , Lesser.
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 31/12/2009 :  01:11:23  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by hiper2009

quote:

Didn't know that

you didn't now i like amels with lots of white?????! :D

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 31/12/2009 :  09:57:15  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
quote:

I'm the opposite, look at my Amel in my sig, no white, love it.

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

Cornsnakeluver127
Egg

United Kingdom
58 Posts

Posted - 18/07/2011 :  18:16:36  Show Profile
i have an amel and he has lots of white around his saddles xx

amel (conan)
carolina (monty)
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2011 :  17:55:53  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
pointless post on an 18 month dead thread?

topic locked.

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000