New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 22/12/2009 :  13:26:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wat causes shedding probs. the corn i am getting can not be sold to me at the moment because it has shedding probs, they have sed that shedding probs are caused by something else so wat can be causeing it. really disapointed that the one that i want was perfect until know and that it has a shedding prob. i still am getting it but have to wait until the shedding prob is fixed.

1.1 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 22/12/2009 :  15:08:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
how many sheds has it had?
some snakes shed brilliantly from the first time and others may never have clean sheds each time..

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

hiper2009
Banned

United Kingdom
2197 Posts

Posted - 22/12/2009 :  16:21:53  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
If it has a problem shedding they should give it some shedding soulution stuff i cant remember what its called but you should be able to buy from any reptile shop , also you could try raising the humidity while its in its shedd stage then after its shedd remove the humidity

0.0.0 Royal Python Het Pied 100% CB10 - Chaos
1.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa CB10 - Bow/Mayhem
0.1.0 Cornsnake Amel Het Motley CB10 - Fire
1.0.0 Cornsnake Caramel Het Motley CB09 - Whisky
1.0.0 Cornsnake Snow Het Stripe CB07 - Romeo - R.I.P

1.0.0 Super Golden Labrador Dog CB02 - Bailey

Wish List:
1.2.0 Royal Python - Pastel , Pinstripe , Lesser.
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 22/12/2009 :  23:51:04  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
it's usually a management/husbandry issue rather than something specifically wrong with the snake, although (much) older snakes with tougher, thicker skin/scales and less mobility can also struggle.

at least the shop are responsible enough to resolve the issue for you rather than handing over a problem.

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 23/12/2009 :  04:36:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did they say why they thought it was having a shedding problem? Cant remember how old it is...have they told you its shedding history? May be worthwhile asking these questions.

It does seem as though it is a responsible shop as it has not given it to you while this problem is being dealt with, but it is worthwhile getting as much info about the snake as possible.

xxx

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 23/12/2009 :  17:01:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
this is the snke foorm sue. she gives them to a shop to sell but if someone contacts her for one she takes it back. she doesn't know much info on why cuz it's at the shop. apparently acording to sue all its previous sheds have been gd so prob just a one off. the shop want to resolve it b4 i buy it. it's the reptile room that have it but it's not on there website. i can't wait until i can get it. i will ask some more questions.

1.1 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000