Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tinamiles
Hatchling

United Kingdom
255 Posts

Posted - 14/12/2009 :  19:21:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi everyone!
Hope this is in the right place, wasnt sure bout putting it here or in 'health'

Anyways, im wondering if Blaze's behaviour is normal for him (age+size etc). Firstly, i dunno about in the day, but when im home in the evening he's very rarely active. He stays in his coconut hide 99% of the time. He's fine to handle, i take him out from under the hide and handle him for about 10mins or so, except when he's shedding or fed obviously. He's inquisitive, plenty of tongue flickering and often pooing....im just worried he's not active enough in his mini viv.
Will he get more active as he gets bigger+is in a bigger vivarium (he's only in a mini one right now)??
His vivs temperature is spot on+he's eating+shedding ok...any advice?
How active are your snakes? day and night?
Thanks
T

1.1 Cornsnake: Fluffy and Blaze
1.0 Kenyan Sand Boa: Falcor
0.1 Bearded dragon: Chilli
1.1 Cats: Jackson and Mia
1.0 Fiance: Ade :)

n/a
deleted

207 Posts

Posted - 14/12/2009 :  19:31:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i got 2 and there just like yours well one is always out and the other always in sounds normal

Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 14/12/2009 :  22:46:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Last time I saw either of my 2 corns? About a week ago, though I know they are up and about because I can hear them slithering against the wood and rearranging the decor!

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 15/12/2009 :  06:41:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
different corns vary in how they behave..
in summer my lot (except Edison) were usually found all in the middle mooching about but now its colder they are hiding away a lot more but Edison comes out a lot more..
my king on the other hand is always out and about redecorating the viv with his tunnels

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

lmfastcars
Hatchling

United Kingdom
360 Posts

Posted - 15/12/2009 :  17:18:34  Show Profile  Click to see lmfastcars's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HannahB

different corns vary in how they behave..
in summer my lot (except Edison) were usually found all in the middle mooching about but now its colder they are hiding away a lot more but Edison comes out a lot more..
my king on the other hand is always out and about redecorating the viv with his tunnels

Lol Fluffy keeps doing that, I even woke up once when he was in his faun and all his substrate was in his water bowl ( at the time it was kitchen roll, and the floor was soaking. Of course i immediatly changed it and dried it. And now i find him digging tunnels in his aspen and some of his hides are on their side

Go to Top of Page

tinamiles
Hatchling

United Kingdom
255 Posts

Posted - 15/12/2009 :  19:08:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok, feel abit better about him now. Was worrying he was scared to come out of the coconut of summat. Thinking about maybe getting him a small velvet plant to put in the middle and back of his mini-viv, so if he wants to come out he's got something to hide under??

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2009 :  04:16:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That sounds like a really good idea Tina. What do you have in there at moment? If it is just 2 hides and water bowl then extra foliage, a branch etc would be great for him, just to fill it out a bit and maybe make him feel that bit safer.

xxx

Go to Top of Page

tinamiles
Hatchling

United Kingdom
255 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2009 :  07:19:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

That sounds like a really good idea Tina. What do you have in there at moment? If it is just 2 hides and water bowl then extra foliage, a branch etc would be great for him, just to fill it out a bit and maybe make him feel that bit safer.

xxx

ive got the one hide at the warm end and the water bowl at the cool end (cos i thought he'd use that as a hide by hiding under it) He does burrow in the substrate at the cool end sometimes, but not often. Gonna buy another smaller hide and some vine style plants! (aswell as thermometers)

Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2009 :  07:47:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah another hide in the cold end might encourage him to mooch about a bit more and those vine plants are great - iv found Liberty wrapped up in her branches before
have you thought about using toilet rolls with an end squashed up half buried in the substrate as a hide? they are cheap and my mont loves his kitchen towel roll!

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

tinamiles
Hatchling

United Kingdom
255 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2009 :  19:37:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HannahB

yeah another hide in the cold end might encourage him to mooch about a bit more and those vine plants are great - iv found Liberty wrapped up in her branches before
have you thought about using toilet rolls with an end squashed up half buried in the substrate as a hide? they are cheap and my mont loves his kitchen towel roll!

funny you should say that, ive put on in the cold end+he's not interested. He hasnt explored in the cooler end for days, so am waiting to check my temps to check its not too cold 4 him!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000