hello!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

29 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2009 :  16:25:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Me and my wife are new cornsnake owners. My name is Mike I'm 29 and my wife Ashley is 24. I have a young butter motley and my wife has a yearling abbotts ocketee. We've had them for a little over a month now. My favorite time with them definatley has to be the feedings! Although we use frozen mice I love to see them lunge at the little guys and work em down. I don't know anyone where I live that shares the same enthusiam that me and my wife do for cornsnakes, so I am hoping to connect with some new friends to ask questions and share stories with.

kizzig
Yearling

United Kingdom
560 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2009 :  16:31:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi and welcome! You've come to the right place, we're all mad on corns here!

Kizzig

Our ever growing menagerie:

1.0.0 Amel cornsnake (Ziggy)
0.1.0 Amel motley cornsnake (Kizzy)
1.0.0 Housegecko (Eric)
0.1.0 Chile Rose Tarantula (Daisy) RIP Double D, We'll miss you... xxx
1.0.0 Budgie (Oscar)
0.1.0 Cat (Sophie)
1.1.0 Red Eared Sliders (Sam 'n' Ella)
Assorted Fish - Harry, Artie, Kev and Ebi.

RIP Georgina the Housegecko , Archie the Angelfish (17/09/09), and Daisy the Chile Rose Tarantula (19/11/2009)

Our Animal's Album: http://s986.photobucket.com/albums/ae347/klivingston234/
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

876 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2009 :  16:52:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello and Welcome!
xXx

Slinky-Tallulah-Fairy-Bell

"My Heart has joined The Thousand for my friend stopped running today"
Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2009 :  18:00:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey ghostmike, welcome to the forum

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2009 :  19:11:06  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hi and welcome to the forum mike and ashley

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2009 :  19:38:34  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hiya, and welcome to the forum.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2009 :  20:01:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ghostmike

Me and my wife are new cornsnake owners. My name is Mike I'm 29 and my wife Ashley is 24. I have a young butter motley and my wife has a yearling abbotts ocketee. We've had them for a little over a month now. My favorite time with them definatley has to be the feedings! Although we use frozen mice I love to see them lunge at the little guys and work em down. I don't know anyone where I live that shares the same enthusiam that me and my wife do for cornsnakes, so I am hoping to connect with some new friends to ask questions and share stories with.

Welcome. That's what wer'e here for!

this bit threw me, do you feed live?

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2009 :  22:04:15  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
heya and welcome

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2009 :  22:05:23  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hillzi

quote:
Originally posted by ghostmike

Although we use frozen mice I love to see them lunge at the little guys and work em down...

this bit threw me, do you feed live?

hillzi are you having a 'blonde' day..........?

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

LittleMick
Yearling

United Kingdom
563 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2009 :  22:18:01  Show Profile  Visit LittleMick's Homepage  Click to see LittleMick's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hi Mike, welcome to the forum.

0.4.0 Gerbils (Gemini, Pica, Gerty and Sasha)
0.1.0 Leopard Gecko (Elle)
1.0.0 Carolina Corn Snake(Elijah)
0.0.1 Emperor/Imperial Scorpion (Abbi)
2.0.0 Roborovski Dwarf Hamsters (Micro & Chippy)
Tropical fish - 6 Platys.6 Mollies.9 Glowlight Tetra.4 Pearl Gouramis.4 Apple Snails.1 Tiger Plec.2 Common Bristlenose Plecs and lots of babies.
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2009 :  23:44:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey and welcome

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 13/12/2009 :  03:58:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum Mike and Ashley! You have definitely come to the right place to find and share your love of corns! I am the same as you, it wasnt until I joined here that I was really able to express my 'corn love'! You will find that this is a great place with lots of experienced owners happy to give their advice and support. You also gets lots of fun and friendship as a bonus. (and the occasional 'blonde' moment as demonstrated by Hillzi!!) Not sure how much advice you were given when you got your snakes, so I am sorry if I am repeating stuff you already know but it is better heard twice than not at all! I would advise the following:

Checkout the care sheet on here, it is really helpful - http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/corn_snake_care_sheet.htm, lots of info for new owners. Also read this topic on 'Your 1st Snake' http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4133

You will find that on this forum no question is a silly question.....it is much better asked and answered, you will probably find others who want the info too!

I hope you got as much info on your snakes when you got them....shedding history, feeding history etc. Start your own 'Snake Diary's', noting things like weight, length, feeding dates and what you feed, shedding dates, health problems. I know it seems a bit over the top but it is actually really helpful keeping track of your snake's health - I even note when Kellog poos!

Unwritten forum rule (that I am surprised hasnt been mentioned yet!) - pics as soon as possible!

I know you have already started with two corns but I must warn you - Keeping corns is very addictive....most of us start out with one and the lucky ones move on from there while those of us who are not so lucky try to contain our jealousy!!

xxx

Edited by - Kellog on 13/12/2009 04:01:37
Go to Top of Page

hiper2009
Banned

United Kingdom
2197 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2009 :  17:45:37  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hello and welcome to the forum

0.0.0 Royal Python Het Pied 100% CB10 - Chaos
1.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa CB10 - Bow/Mayhem
0.1.0 Cornsnake Amel Het Motley CB10 - Fire
1.0.0 Cornsnake Caramel Het Motley CB09 - Whisky
1.0.0 Cornsnake Snow Het Stripe CB07 - Romeo - R.I.P

1.0.0 Super Golden Labrador Dog CB02 - Bailey

Wish List:
1.2.0 Royal Python - Pastel , Pinstripe , Lesser.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000