New corn New home
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lmfastcars
Hatchling

United Kingdom
360 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2009 :  18:03:57  Show Profile  Click to see lmfastcars's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I was thinking about getting a new corn with my christmas money :D (i opened the cards lol and my mum said spend the money and ill give it to you for christmas). but the thing that was going through my mind was if i got a hatcling, i could keep him/her in fluffys old faunarium (hes moved up to the viv and the viv is 2ft by 18 inches. Does anyone know what size fluffy shold be before he needs a bigger one. And how long does people recon it will take for the hatchling to move out of the faun, which is around 1ft by 9 i think.

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2009 :  18:45:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
would be too big for a hatchie. get a small rub for a while then go into faun.

Max viv size you need for fluffy would be a 3ft x 2ft. Length of viv + width = max length of snake available to live in there, but a 5ft 2 snake wont really mind it's rare they'll get over 5ft.

How long is fluffy? About 2ft long they can go into a big viv. As long as you pack it out with hides, plants, etc.
Go to Top of Page

Gaz_1989
Yearling

United Kingdom
931 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2009 :  18:49:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ive been thinking the same.

Stella is about 16" long, her faun is 11" x 7" so i think she almost outgrown it.

I cant decide what Vivarium to get her for the best?

Would a 24" x 15" be about right? I dont want her to feel lost in there?

Thanks

Gaz

0.0.1 CB15 Amel Corn - Billy
1.0.0 CB16 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - Hunter
Go to Top of Page

lmfastcars
Hatchling

United Kingdom
360 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2009 :  19:34:23  Show Profile  Click to see lmfastcars's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote

Last time i measured fluffy was on the 20th novemeber when i measured his shed and it was 25 inches / 2ft1, I should of added that in, he has got 3 plant pot hides and 1 kitchen roll hide and a water bowl. He has got aspen subtrate and he seems comfortable in there.

You could put stella in there gaz but as hillzi said, make sure you make it comfy with maybe branches and hiding places :)

Fluffys faun is 1ft1 x 7 and i will obviosly put like two nice cosy hiding places and other stuff. A rub is a good idea which i didnt think off :) Do you know how much they are?

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000