feeding?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

47 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2009 :  13:49:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
as u know im still new to owning my corn, on monday i tryed feeding her a baby rat, which i was unsure she would take!
after getting half of it down, she let go and left it, so i then read a thread on here about it, which said to leave the snake 4 days and give it the usual mouse, so i left my corn till today, and tryed a smaller type of rat, which is the size of a large mouse

she has eaten it in a matter of minutes im happy to say :)
but last time she fed it was a jumbo mouse, which is bigger than this little type of rat(i cant remember what type the rat was) lol

because she has eaten it so fast, and it was smaller than the jumbo size, im wondering if its ok to still leave her a week or if i should try a large mouse before a week?
advice would be welcome here, sorry if i sound thick, but i wanna do whats right

clare

hiper2009
Banned

United Kingdom
2197 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2009 :  13:53:17  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
If i was you i wouldn't feed her RATS they contain to much fat you should change her diet on to mice cant you just feed her a large mouse. ?

0.0.0 Royal Python Het Pied 100% CB10 - Chaos
1.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa CB10 - Bow/Mayhem
0.1.0 Cornsnake Amel Het Motley CB10 - Fire
1.0.0 Cornsnake Caramel Het Motley CB09 - Whisky
1.0.0 Cornsnake Snow Het Stripe CB07 - Romeo - R.I.P

1.0.0 Super Golden Labrador Dog CB02 - Bailey

Wish List:
1.2.0 Royal Python - Pastel , Pinstripe , Lesser.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

47 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2009 :  13:56:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wicked i didnt know that, i went and got large mouses today actually, i didnt want to muck her about to much

so is a large mouse ok for every 7-10 days?

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2009 :  13:58:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Am afraid that I agree with Hiper. From what I have learnt on here rats have a higher fat content than mice due to them being younger than the same size mouse...if that makes sense! The small rat you fed her would have had a lot more fat and less nutritionally than an adult mouse the same size. I would definitely return to feeding her on mice.

I am no expert but I would certainly leave her the week rather than feed her sooner, at her age and on the size of mouse she is on she does not need to be fed more regularly or you will have weight issues with her.

xxx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

47 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2009 :  14:03:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thank you, makes me feel bettter to know this lol, as it is i need to get her weight down, so im gonna go to 1 large mouse every 10 days with her :)
cheers both you

Go to Top of Page

hiper2009
Banned

United Kingdom
2197 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2009 :  14:57:37  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I would skip her next feed and feed her the following week on 1 large mouse and do this every 7 - 10 days.

0.0.0 Royal Python Het Pied 100% CB10 - Chaos
1.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa CB10 - Bow/Mayhem
0.1.0 Cornsnake Amel Het Motley CB10 - Fire
1.0.0 Cornsnake Caramel Het Motley CB09 - Whisky
1.0.0 Cornsnake Snow Het Stripe CB07 - Romeo - R.I.P

1.0.0 Super Golden Labrador Dog CB02 - Bailey

Wish List:
1.2.0 Royal Python - Pastel , Pinstripe , Lesser.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

47 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2009 :  15:02:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hiper2009

I would skip her next feed and feed her the following week on 1 large mouse and do this every 7 - 10 days.

your a star, massive help

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000