New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

876 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2009 :  19:01:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
SO!
Ive had her for 1 week now. I was going to hold off feeding her for another day as Hubby is working tonight and she doesnt wake up untill Hubby has left-but I bit the bullet and decided to wake her and get her belly full!

I had pre-prepared the feeding RUB today making air holes with the hand drill (drilling from inside-out) then using the scalpel to take the sharp edges off from the outside, leaving both top and bottom parts of the RUB to soak in some hot water for a good hour and then running both parts under the shower-just to make sure that there were no plastic-dust bits left, then dried it and lined with kitchen towel.

Pinkie was defrosted in a sandwich bag in some warm/hot water (not boiling) untill completely defrosted and then it was time to get the elements together!

Pinkie went into the RUB first and then Slinx was popped in- NOT very happy about being woken up but thats just tough! (Next feeding will be when shes awake already!) At first she didnt eat or take any notice of the pinkie and I didnt think that she was going to eat at all. Hubby went down stairs to get me a cuppa T and I turned the light off. When Hubby came back up Slinx had just started Snaking towards the pinkie...then she snapped it up!! She had the pinkie in the middle, started to work her way up to its head but then decided that she didnt like that end...so worked her way down the pinkie and decided to eat it backwards! Silly Snake!

I left her for 5 mins or so, watching the pinkie work its way down her body and then held the RUB at the viv door and she made her way home!

I am simply relieved that she has eaton!!

YAY!!!

Pics are on the photopage- link below!

http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6992

A BIG Thank-You to everyone who has offered help and advice! It has certainly not fallen on deaf ears and is greatly appreciated!

xxxxxxx

Slinky-Tallulah-Fairy-Bell

"My Heart has joined The Thousand for my friend stopped running today"

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2009 :  19:24:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yayaa!! Good to hear she had a succesfull first feed, same here. I offered mine 2 large Stuart's, he only took one though, I got a glimpse first hand of how they go down.. how he took 3, as the owners said, it beats me, he has a HUGE bulge! :o

truely fascinating how the feed isn't it?

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

876 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2009 :  19:28:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OMG!
Its AMAZING watching Your OWN snake feed! Ive seen snakes eat before- but watching your own snake is just something else!!
Glad your new snakey is eating well! How big is it??

Slinky-Tallulah-Fairy-Bell

"My Heart has joined The Thousand for my friend stopped running today"
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2009 :  04:39:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know how amazed I was when Kellog first ate (which was after a 13 week fast!!), and each feed is still as exciting and when you see their jaws get wider and wider and their scales seperate so you can see the skin underneath...nothing like it. (Have you checked out Kellog's feeding video in the video section?)

xxx

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000