5319 Posts

Posted - 20/11/2009 :  22:52:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hiya and welcome to the forum

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 20/11/2009 :  22:56:13  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hi and welcome to the forum,do you have a corn or thinking of getting one

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

2 Posts

Posted - 20/11/2009 :  23:13:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks. I have 4 Corns at the moment. I've only had them 3/4 months but I'm loving it. My problem is that I keep seeing more that I like.

1.0 Hypo Stripe (Mine not Gmacs)
1.0 Creamsicle
1.0 Ghost
0.1 Anery
2.0 Beardies
1.0 Confused Dog
1.0 Mad Cat
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 20/11/2009 :  23:18:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum Ange. You will find that this is a great place with lots of experienced owners happy to give their advice and support. You also gets lots of fun and friendship as a bonus. Not sure whether you already have corn snakes or how much snake care you have researched but some of this might be helpful:

1. If you are getting a corn or have just got one I would hope you have been told the one-week rule, that when you get your snake you need to leave it for a week to get over the stress of moving to your house and let it settle into its new surroundings by leaving it without handling or feeding for a week. Only put your hand in daily to change water and straighten substrate, that way it gets used to your smell.

2. This care sheet is really helpful (http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/corn_snake_care_sheet.htm), lots of information for new snake owners. Also read this topic on 'Your 1st Snake' http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4133

3. No question is regarded as a silly question on here.....it is much better asked and answered, you will probably find others who want the info too!

4. When you get a snake it is good to get as much info about it as possible....shedding history, feeding history etc. Start your own 'Snake Diary', noting things like weight, length, feeding dates and what you feed, shedding dates, health problems. I know it seems a bit over the top but it is actually really helpful keeping track of your snake's health - I even note when Kellog poos!!

5. Unwritten forum rule - pics as soon as possible!

I look forward to finding out more about you and whether you already have corns, are getting one, or am an experienced owner. I am sorry if you have already got corns and know this advice but my attitude is that the info is better heard twice than never.!

xxx

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 20/11/2009 :  23:30:17  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hello and Welcome to the forum.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

893 Posts

Posted - 20/11/2009 :  23:56:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ange

Thanks. I have 4 Corns at the moment. I've only had them 3/4 months but I'm loving it. My problem is that I keep seeing more that I like.

Ah. . A lot of us here can relate to that. Welcome to the forums.

Go to Top of Page

lucifer
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
780 Posts

Posted - 21/11/2009 :  00:54:50  Show Profile  Visit lucifer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forums

5.2.0 Cornsnakes: Lucien (Amel), Zero Kiryu (Blizzard), Aura (Butter Stripe), Montana (Normal), Edison (Lavender Stripe), Liberty (Hypo Lavender), Orlando (Anery)
2.0.0 Royals: Q & Little One
Twitter: @BlutAura
DeviantART: BlutAura
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 21/11/2009 :  01:18:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Sorry Ange, think you and I posted at the same time so I wasnt sure how long you had had corns or how many you had....so please accept my apologies for the unecessary info given, as I am sure you probably already know!

The only bit I left out of my earlier post was about how addictive corns are...and you are already there as well!

xxx

Edited by - Kellog on 21/11/2009 01:20:27
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 21/11/2009 :  11:47:54  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
heya and welcome

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

Stumpy
Hatchling

United Kingdom
418 Posts

Posted - 21/11/2009 :  12:39:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello and Welcome to the Forum.

Go to Top of Page

dantheman2944
Hatchling

United Kingdom
325 Posts

Posted - 21/11/2009 :  19:58:43  Show Profile  Click to see dantheman2944's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hi an welcome!!!

thanks to solid for the sig
Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 21/11/2009 :  20:14:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

My problem is that I keep seeing more that I like.

Well feel free to get me them then,

Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 21/11/2009 :  21:54:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The habit is better than smoking. Probably more costly, but a lot more healthier, and harder to give up!
Go to Top of Page

LittleMick
Yearling

United Kingdom
563 Posts

Posted - 23/11/2009 :  20:44:48  Show Profile  Visit LittleMick's Homepage  Click to see LittleMick's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hey Ange, welcome to the forum, and yep, they are defo addictive, I only have one at themin and already want more, lol, but I am holding back as I want to expand my herp collection overall.

0.4.0 Gerbils (Gemini, Pica, Gerty and Sasha)
0.1.0 Leopard Gecko (Elle)
1.0.0 Carolina Corn Snake(Elijah)
0.0.1 Emperor/Imperial Scorpion (Abbi)
2.0.0 Roborovski Dwarf Hamsters (Micro & Chippy)
Tropical fish - 6 Platys.6 Mollies.9 Glowlight Tetra.4 Pearl Gouramis.4 Apple Snails.1 Tiger Plec.2 Common Bristlenose Plecs and lots of babies.
Go to Top of Page

hiper2009
Banned

United Kingdom
2197 Posts

Posted - 30/11/2009 :  14:42:28  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hey and welcome

0.0.0 Royal Python Het Pied 100% CB10 - Chaos
1.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa CB10 - Bow/Mayhem
0.1.0 Cornsnake Amel Het Motley CB10 - Fire
1.0.0 Cornsnake Caramel Het Motley CB09 - Whisky
1.0.0 Cornsnake Snow Het Stripe CB07 - Romeo - R.I.P

1.0.0 Super Golden Labrador Dog CB02 - Bailey

Wish List:
1.2.0 Royal Python - Pastel , Pinstripe , Lesser.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000