Creamsicle corn snakes
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lmfastcars
Hatchling

United Kingdom
360 Posts

Posted - 19/11/2009 :  17:10:18  Show Profile  Click to see lmfastcars's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hey Everyone,

I posted a thread in Photos showing fluffy and he is a Creamsicle Corn Snake. People said that Creamsicle are hybirds and there a cross between corn snake and an emorys rat snake. Please can some explain more? and also if an emorys rat snake and a corn snake breed to make a Creamsicle corn snake, can any one tell me why the corn snake gene over powers the rat snake, so for instance why wouldnt it be a creamsicle rat snake or is it irelevent and you could call it what ever? any additoinal information to creamsicle corns and the way they are bred would be fabulous.

n/a
deleted

445 Posts

Posted - 19/11/2009 :  18:52:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is really nothing more to explain, Creamsicles are a cross between a Corn Snake and a Great Plains Rat Snake (Pantherophis Emoryi). That is all, a cross in the same way as dogs have been cross bred.

The Corn Snake gene has not overpowered the Rat Snake gene... Another name for a Corn Snake (regardless of morph) is a Red Rat Snake... so in effect a Creamsicle is just a cross breed between two different Rat Snake species. You could very easily call it a Creamsicle Rat Snake if you liked, the same as this site could also be called The Red Rat Snake Forum.

Edited by - n/a on 19/11/2009 18:53:39
Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 19/11/2009 :  18:54:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Creamsicles are a cross between a corn and an emorys rat snake (Elaphe guttata guttata x emoryi) and they are always the pale, "soft" orange markings on a yellow or light orange background. I dont know why this is and I wont pretend to either, but I'm sure someone else will be along shortly to help.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

lmfastcars
Hatchling

United Kingdom
360 Posts

Posted - 19/11/2009 :  19:19:14  Show Profile  Click to see lmfastcars's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lmfastcars

Hey Everyone,

I posted a thread in Photos showing fluffy and he is a Creamsicle Corn Snake. People said that Creamsicle are hybirds and there a cross between corn snake and an emorys rat snake. Please can some explain more? and also if an emorys rat snake and a corn snake breed to make a Creamsicle corn snake, can any one tell me why the corn snake gene over powers the rat snake, so for instance why wouldnt it be a creamsicle rat snake or is it irelevent and you could call it what ever? any additoinal information to creamsicle corns and the way they are bred would be fabulous.

Thanks. I wasnt sure about that but i felt quite stupid asking that question becasue all of the facts were there really . Thanks everyone

Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 19/11/2009 :  19:33:21  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bioshock

There is really nothing more to explain, Creamsicles are a cross between a Corn Snake and a Great Plains Rat Snake (Pantherophis Emoryi). That is all, a cross in the same way as dogs have been cross bred.

breeding dogs is differeent, 2 dog breeds will still be Canis lupus familiaris x C l familiaris so is comparable to breeding 2 different morphs of cornsnake - at the end you still get a cornsnake.

a Creamsicle is the result of breeding 2 different sub species, and is the amelanistic form so would need to inherit amel from both parents (P gutattus and P emoryi have compatible genes at the amelanistic locus), and the creamy colouring comes from the emoryi side.
The 'normal phase' of this hybrid is called Rootbeer

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

Gaz_1989
Yearling

United Kingdom
931 Posts

Posted - 20/11/2009 :  14:48:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can people put there pics up of creamsicles? Would love to see more.

Thanks

Gaz

0.0.1 CB15 Amel Corn - Billy
1.0.0 CB16 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - Hunter
Go to Top of Page

lmfastcars
Hatchling

United Kingdom
360 Posts

Posted - 20/11/2009 :  15:01:39  Show Profile  Click to see lmfastcars's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gaz_1989

Can people put there pics up of creamsicles? Would love to see more.

Thanks

Gaz

If you havn't already, if you go into photos and click on the link that says Creamsicle 1 year old or the one with lmfastcars, alot of very considerate people have put pictures up on there :) there really good pictures just scroll down and i think there nearer the bottom!

Go to Top of Page

Gaz_1989
Yearling

United Kingdom
931 Posts

Posted - 20/11/2009 :  16:34:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks mate, will take a look.

0.0.1 CB15 Amel Corn - Billy
1.0.0 CB16 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - Hunter
Go to Top of Page

Zincubus
Hatchling

197 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2012 :  22:45:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've just taken delivery of a Sunglow Corn snake but it looks just like a Creamsicle .

What are the visual / colour differences ??
Go to Top of Page

Zincubus
Hatchling

197 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2012 :  23:11:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've just taken delivery of a Sunglow Corn snake but it looks just like a Creamsicle .

What are the visual / colour differences ??
Go to Top of Page

oakleyman18
Yearling

828 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2012 :  07:41:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is exactly why I think breeders have more of a responsibility to label any hybrids clearly. Yes, it's up to the owners to do their own research too, but there are too many instances now of people now knowing what they're buying..

Oscar Morrell
0.1.0. Tessera het Caramel Diffused Hypo ph Amel Anery CB'12 "Cassi", 0.1.0. Diffused Powder CB'12 "Ruby"
0.1.0. Normal Stripe, het Hypo, Amel, Lavender CB'11 "Amber", 1.0.0. Lavender Stripe het Diffused Anery Amel Hypo CB'11 "Pluto"
1.0.0. Hypo Opal Ph Stripe CB'12 "Hops", 1.0.0. Caramel Stripe het Amel CB'08 "Jasper", 1.0.0. Opal Stripe het Anery CB'09 "Topaz"
0.1.0. Amel Stripe het Caramel CB'09 "Poppy", 0.1.0. Tessera het Amel Lavender Stripe ph Diffused Hypo Anery CB'12 "Amethyst"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000