Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2009 :  20:43:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.hissnhers.co.uk/resources/S09216.JPG

wat do you guys think, this is the corn that i am getting wen it starts eating properly maybe.

1.1 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2009 :  20:49:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cor she's beautiful!!

BUT if she's having trouble feeding.. Best to get a well established agressive feeder.
Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2009 :  21:02:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
im waiting at the moment cuz the breeder says that she is not eating well but hopes she will get it feeding. she says that once it has eaten 5 pinkies or more on it's own then she will sell. im got my fingers crossed i really want an amel stripe and love her. i love the block in the middle of her body, somebody sed that she mite be a motley though due to that?

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

lucifer
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
780 Posts

Posted - 18/11/2009 :  00:03:39  Show Profile  Visit lucifer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Highly recommend Sue from hissnhers, myself and Hannah have bought 3 hatchings from her in the past. Apart from Aura who was bought as a non feeder they are all in excellent condition with no problems.
If you get chance to meet her at any of the show dates next year you'll see how much she cares about her breeding.

If you don't end up buying this one she also keeps a waiting list of possible morphs for 2010 just put your name down and you will be the first to hear.

5.2.0 Cornsnakes: Lucien (Amel), Zero Kiryu (Blizzard), Aura (Butter Stripe), Montana (Normal), Edison (Lavender Stripe), Liberty (Hypo Lavender), Orlando (Anery)
2.0.0 Royals: Q & Little One
Twitter: @BlutAura
DeviantART: BlutAura
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 18/11/2009 :  06:47:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
very cute snake although its an amel motley, a genetic stripe is a constant unbroken stripe down the body, have a look at edison in my sig, hes a stripe

sue is fab, shes got lovely snakes and when we spoke to her at the donny show she was really nice and it was clear that she cares a lot about her snakes

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 18/11/2009 :  07:34:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lucifer

Highly recommend Sue from hissnhers, myself and Hannah have bought 3 hatchings from her in the past. Apart from Aura who was bought as a non feeder they are all in excellent condition with no problems.
If you get chance to meet her at any of the show dates next year you'll see how much she cares about her breeding.

If you don't end up buying this one she also keeps a waiting list of possible morphs for 2010 just put your name down and you will be the first to hear.

how was aura wen he was a non feeder as that snake i want to get is a non feeder at the mo but she is hoping to get it feeding. did aura start feeding quickly or was it a long time.

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 18/11/2009 :  11:12:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aura hatched on the 18th August and only started to accept food (with assistance) in October, think it was the 25th but it might have been the week before..
Aura in particular was fussy and although she was taking pinkie pieces shes now back on mouse tails which is a slight set back but hopefully she'll be back on pinkie bits soon,

Go to Top of Page

lucifer
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
780 Posts

Posted - 18/11/2009 :  13:02:06  Show Profile  Visit lucifer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by reptiledanny
how was aura wen he was a non feeder as that snake i want to get is a non feeder at the mo but she is hoping to get it feeding. did aura start feeding quickly or was it a long time.

If your getting a non feeder it will take a lot of patience and time trying everything to get them to feed. In Aura's case she had still not eaten anything when we got her.

But if the one your getting has eaten something under the watchful eye of Sue then that's a start. If you can hang on till he has eaten regularly it will be a much nicer and safer transition for the snake.

5.2.0 Cornsnakes: Lucien (Amel), Zero Kiryu (Blizzard), Aura (Butter Stripe), Montana (Normal), Edison (Lavender Stripe), Liberty (Hypo Lavender), Orlando (Anery)
2.0.0 Royals: Q & Little One
Twitter: @BlutAura
DeviantART: BlutAura
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 18/11/2009 :  15:38:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lucifer
In Aura's case she had still not eaten anything when we got her.

but just to clarify she had never been offered food before we got her

Go to Top of Page

kizzig
Yearling

United Kingdom
560 Posts

Posted - 18/11/2009 :  15:41:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lovely Amel! Best of luck if you do decide to go for her!

Kizzig

Our ever growing menagerie:

1.0.0 Amel cornsnake (Ziggy)
0.1.0 Amel motley cornsnake (Kizzy)
1.0.0 Housegecko (Eric)
0.1.0 Chile Rose Tarantula (Daisy) RIP Double D, We'll miss you... xxx
1.0.0 Budgie (Oscar)
0.1.0 Cat (Sophie)
1.1.0 Red Eared Sliders (Sam 'n' Ella)
Assorted Fish - Harry, Artie, Kev and Ebi.

RIP Georgina the Housegecko , Archie the Angelfish (17/09/09), and Daisy the Chile Rose Tarantula (19/11/2009)

Our Animal's Album: http://s986.photobucket.com/albums/ae347/klivingston234/
Go to Top of Page

zandefloss
Hatchling

United Kingdom
245 Posts

Posted - 18/11/2009 :  15:55:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am well biased towards the amel stripes (of course) That one looks to me to be a motley, but still really beautiful and very stripey still!

I prefer to leave the non-feeders to the more experienced keepers, couldn't cope with all the worry and stress of wondering if I was scaring the snake and making it worse!

zan x
Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 18/11/2009 :  16:20:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks for all your commenst and just want to clear something, she is actually a stripe, i have spoken to sue about that issue and she says shes a stripe.

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 18/11/2009 :  16:38:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by zandefloss

I am well biased towards the amel stripes (of course) That one looks to me to be a motley, but still really beautiful and very stripey still!

I prefer to leave the non-feeders to the more experienced keepers, couldn't cope with all the worry and stress of wondering if I was scaring the snake and making it worse!

zan x

where did you get your amel stripe from. really want one but as you have prob read that one doesn't eat well and i am considereing nnot getting that one just because i have no experience with non feeding snakes.

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 18/11/2009 :  18:35:28  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HannahB

...a genetic stripe is a constant unbroken stripe down the body.....

...but not always you can get stripes with a broken pattern, and the extreme of this would be a cube which looks very much like a motley but has a square-ish pattern. The square bit of pattern on this could be a partial cube pattern.

Do you know what its parents are?

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

zandefloss
Hatchling

United Kingdom
245 Posts

Posted - 19/11/2009 :  16:41:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

thanks for all your commenst and just want to clear something, she is actually a stripe, i have spoken to sue about that issue and she says shes a stripe.

sorry, I didn't mean to offend you or anything, I have a stripe and she doesn't look like that snake because her stripes change widths and she has that block of colour, my strpe only has 4 stripes, 2 thick on the top and 1 thin one on each side which is slightly broken (because she is not a perfect specimen)

I thought yours was a motley because the stripes changed width as they went along her body and because of the cube and I did not know stripes did that, also there is another line on top which stops just above her head and that is different again to my snake. I'm sorry again if I offended you, I just presumend because mine is a stripe and looks different.

I'm so new to this and I was just trying to help x

zan x

zan x
Go to Top of Page

zandefloss
Hatchling

United Kingdom
245 Posts

Posted - 19/11/2009 :  16:45:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got my amel stripe from breed above in redcar - she was fairly pricey (£80), but has been very well looked after and is a healthy, well specimen, they also have het information and parantage on every snake they sell, which is nice.

The had 2 other amel stripes, males, when I bought spaghetti, slightly darker in colourand with different hets, but the same age.
If they're still there then the price may have gone down, if you message me I can find you their number - they're very good for a shop and provide a really good level of care! I'm so impressed by them!

They give a good feeding/shed etc history so they can put your mind at ease about feeding issues!

zan x

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by zandefloss

zan x

where did you get your amel stripe from. really want one but as you have prob read that one doesn't eat well and i am considereing nnot getting that one just because i have no experience with non feeding snakes.

Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 19/11/2009 :  17:04:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eeji

quote:
Originally posted by HannahB

...a genetic stripe is a constant unbroken stripe down the body.....

...but not always you can get stripes with a broken pattern, and the extreme of this would be a cube which looks very much like a motley but has a square-ish pattern. The square bit of pattern on this could be a partial cube pattern.

i meant an unbroken middle bit (dodgy wording!) i thought that if the two stripes either side of the spine met it wasnt a proper stripe.. my bad
thanks for putting me right

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000