OOOOPS NEED HELP FAST PLEASE !!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dibzy-Time
Hatchling

United Kingdom
118 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2009 :  17:52:54  Show Profile  Click to see Dibzy-Time's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
my new baby snow corn snake stick has gone missing. Ive put a trao in my room where he last was as theres no way he couldn get out of the room. Im real worried as hes only a few months old, small.

Help what ealse do i do

meggi
Hatchling

United Kingdom
321 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2009 :  17:59:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi , dont panic , they usuallyturnup ,
here are some things you can do:
1. look in small dark inclosed spaces.
2. put flour in every door way.
3. put down fesh water and try putting a pinkie (i pressume thats what his on) near his cage , that way you could find out if he is around.
3. warn your`e neighbours his gone , (they |sometimes turn up in the most bizzare places!) GOOD LUCK!
Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2009 :  19:57:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you could also make bottle traps, here is a link on how to make them-

http://www.thekingsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=263

hope this helps and hope you find him soon. will keep an eye on this forum to find out more and keep us all updated.

1.1 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2009 :  20:16:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
do not panic! if you panic too much then you look in all the awkward places but sometimes miss the obvious ones!

bottle traps are a good idea, the link is really good for making those and i also read tonight that you can put a few small holes in and the scent of the pinkie will travel a bit making snakey hopefully more inclined to go there, i also read that if you are worried about snakey becoming dehydrated that you can put a small amount (talking millimeters) of water in the bottle trap instead of a pinkie but im talking a tiny amount of water when the bottle is laid sideways so that he cant drown or anything, just a tiny amount will do

look for places that give out heat, plug sockets, back of tv, stereo system ect, but also look for dark and cramped places eg clothes piles and furniture,
we found lucien when he went missing inside a towel that his grandad was about to use!!

also you could put tin foil or flour down along the skirting boards and across the doorway so that you can hear/see where he is/has been

hope this helps, and fingers crossed he turns up soon

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

Dibzy-Time
Hatchling

United Kingdom
118 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2009 :  21:38:01  Show Profile  Click to see Dibzy-Time's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
found him..... me bein the dopppy dumb idiot i am didnt look under his water bowl and he was there when mr.allen (the fiance) looked. meeeer im a plank pmsl
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2009 :  22:43:39  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dibzy-Time

found him..... me bein the dopppy dumb idiot i am didnt look under his water bowl and he was there when mr.allen (the fiance) looked. meeeer im a plank pmsl

You plank.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

lucifer
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
780 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2009 :  23:19:36  Show Profile  Visit lucifer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dibzy-Time

Haha glad hes turned up safe and sound! They are very good at hiding I remember someone posting ages ago that they had lost their corn only to find it hiding inside the foam background of the viv.

5.2.0 Cornsnakes: Lucien (Amel), Zero Kiryu (Blizzard), Aura (Butter Stripe), Montana (Normal), Edison (Lavender Stripe), Liberty (Hypo Lavender), Orlando (Anery)
2.0.0 Royals: Q & Little One
Twitter: @BlutAura
DeviantART: BlutAura
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2009 :  03:03:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So glad you found him! It is easily done, especially with the little ones. One forum member totally checked the viv and room and was panicing....and finally found his snake curled up in a dent under the log from inside the forum. Another member couldnt find their corn and did all the right things to find it....until advised to check the viv again and found their corn buried in the substrate!

All that matters is that he is safe, you can breathe again!!

xxx

Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2009 :  06:51:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
glad hes found now,
at least you now know what to do if he does escape

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2009 :  10:07:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You spoon, haha!

Its happened to me. about 4 times. funny things these snakies.
Go to Top of Page

Dibzy-Time
Hatchling

United Kingdom
118 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2009 :  14:10:44  Show Profile  Click to see Dibzy-Time's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I no, im a grade a plank hahahaha. Im so glad i found him and that im not on my own. hes safe now and next time i think hes gone ill check the water bowl!!!!!! cheers guys
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

29 Posts

Posted - 18/11/2009 :  17:02:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Funniest thing I have read today, done it myself though panicking thinking Spike II had gone missing only to find him buried in the substrate...
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

893 Posts

Posted - 18/11/2009 :  17:11:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hahaha!

From now on it's fingers through the substrate every time, huh?

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000