Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2009 :  19:33:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hows she doin now, is she eatin yet? fingers crossed!

1.1 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

21 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2009 :  05:09:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SexyBear77

I would seriously consider investing i 1 or 2 digital thermometers, the glass one wont be very accurate at all. Also, from experience, stats are useless at getting to and maintaining the right temp. When setting up my second viv (minus snake) I set the stat to 30c and it got to 44, dropped to 26, and then went back up to 30. By fiddling around for a few days with the aid of the digi thermometer I was able to get the stat to the right temp.

One of my dials reads 25, the other 23.

Can i ask how are stats useless? all my stats work fine never had that problem. Without it you would risk over heating and cooking your snake so i wouldnt say there usless at all lol. Could be something wrong with your stat :)

My collection:
1.0 Amel corn
0.1 Anery corn
1.0 Creamsicle corn
0.1 Albino cali king
1.0 Mexican bairds rat

hatchlings (september 09)
1.0 Snow
0.1 Anery
0.1 Amel
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2009 :  07:13:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mx1_champ

as for substrate i have just put her on corn chipping

if thats the stuff made from corn cob centres then id probably change it, if snakey swallows a bit accidentally then it can expand in the stomach/gut causing some major vets bills

hope the little one starts to feed ok soon

snakeyshaun, i think SB was meaning without digital thermometers you cant accurately read the temp in the viv with just a stat,

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2009 :  14:26:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by snakeyshaun

quote:

I would seriously consider investing i 1 or 2 digital thermometers, the glass one wont be very accurate at all. Also, from experience, stats are useless at getting to and maintaining the right temp. When setting up my second viv (minus snake) I set the stat to 30c and it got to 44, dropped to 26, and then went back up to 30. By fiddling around for a few days with the aid of the digi thermometer I was able to get the stat to the right temp.

Can i ask how are stats useless? all my stats work fine never had that problem. Without it you would risk over heating and cooking your snake so i wouldnt say there usless at all lol. Could be something wrong with your stat :)

Thanks HannahB, I did in fact mean that you cannot trust them to maintain the heat the dial is set to.

I know perfectly well the dangers of not having a stat; thats why I have them. The dialsare very inaccurate, hence why I recommended you get some digital thermometers.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

21 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2009 :  17:33:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by snakeyshaun

quote:

Thanks HannahB, I did in fact mean that you cannot trust them to maintain the heat the dial is set to.

I know perfectly well the dangers of not having a stat; thats why I have them. The dialsare very inaccurate, hence why I recommended you get some digital thermometers.

Opps my bad sorry lol read it wrong

My collection:
1.0 Amel corn
0.1 Anery corn
1.0 Creamsicle corn
0.1 Albino cali king
1.0 Mexican bairds rat

hatchlings (september 09)
1.0 Snow
0.1 Anery
0.1 Amel
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

85 Posts

Posted - 18/11/2009 :  18:18:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by reptiledanny

hows she doin now, is she eatin yet? fingers crossed!

havnt tried feeding her again yet goin to leave it a few more days to give her chance to fully digest everything . and to make sure she goes to the toilet ok .

yeah its the cob stuff i know its not great but i have used it for years and always fed out of the viv so never had a problem with it .

hopefully she will start to feed by herself within the next few feeds .

1.1. corns charlie + charlotte
1.1. corns bubblegum + jaffacake ( gf's)
1.1. bcc Viktor + unknown
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000