ok what can u suggest guys and girlies
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

liverpoolmadman
Hatchling

United Kingdom
375 Posts

Posted - 14/11/2009 :  16:37:13  Show Profile  Visit liverpoolmadman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
NEED ADVICE GUYS, want to breed my corns EVENTUALLY but I cant be affording an INCUBATOR at £110+ any suggestions welcome. THE CHEAPER THE BETTER cos IM A SCOUSER AND AS TIGHT AS A DUCKS doo da lol

WONT BE DOING IT THIS TIME ROUND MY LIL GIRLS NOT PASSED HER GCSE'S yet SOOO NO PANIC BUT WANNA ANSWER NOWWWWWWWWW

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 14/11/2009 :  17:20:43  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
you'll need:

a polystyrene box (free from your local fish counter)
a heat mat
a pulse thermostat
a digital thermometer
plastic tubs for the eggs

tape the mat to the lid of the box, tape the thermostat probe to the mat, put the thermometer in the egg tubs, and you're good to go :D

yup, i'm a tightwad too! :D

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

Tizzy
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1202 Posts

Posted - 14/11/2009 :  21:16:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah what eeji said, well i had mine set up a bit differently but the same kit, and my local rep shop uses polyboxes too.

3.2.0 corns 0.3.1 Leopard Geckos, 0.1.0 Mad Staffys 1.0.0 Moggie. 1.2.0. Devils in training.

Go to Top of Page

Jennet
Hatchling

United Kingdom
305 Posts

Posted - 15/11/2009 :  00:00:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Like eej said, only a bit extra... if you have an old cd case, cut a whole in lid or side of poly box same size as cd case, and a little smaller leaving a little 'lip' in bottom part of lid to support cd case, and glue cd case in place.... good viewing without losing any heat/causing change in temps, except for when you need to lift plastic tubs out for occassional closer inspection.

also sp moss or damp vermicelite for keeping eggs 'still' and good humidity.

www.thecornsake.co.uk
www.thehognosesnake.co.uk
www.theamphibian.co.uk

Edited by - Jennet on 15/11/2009 00:01:53
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000