Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 I think spaghetti may be about to shed!!!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

zandefloss
Hatchling

United Kingdom
245 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2009 :  07:26:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Am super excited!

It's been 5 weeks since her last shed and her eyes I think are dull, I cant be sure for certain, it's really hard to tell because she's amel so has red eyes.

She felt dry the other day when I picked her up, not all over but sometimes when she slithered over my fingers it felt like I'd caught some dry skin - I thought it was mine though! but now I'm not so sure.

It's hard to tell for sure though, I'm not sure if her colours are more dull than usual, but whenever I pick her up she totally freaks out, so I'm leaving her alone.

I think all signs are pointing to shed :D :D :D

Also on the exciting new things front I saw her DRINK for the first time! It was awesome, her cheeks go really puffy, it's super cute!

OMG, I love her so much - will keep you posted on whether she's really shedding or just pretending so I leave her alone lol.

zan x

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2009 :  08:20:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sounds like she could be in shed
red eyes tend to go a pinky shade when clouding over so it is easy to miss! they will brighten back up and then hopefully within the next 5-7days she should shed and be all sparkly and new

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2009 :  09:02:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Will be great if she is in shed, hope you get to see it. So glad you got to see her drink, didnt realise how few owners havent seen their snake drink. Kellog will do it when I am putting him back in viv and still holding most of his body. Finally managed to get some drinking pics of him as well.
Keep us up to date on Spaghetti's shed.

xxx

Go to Top of Page

Chimp276
Yearling

United Kingdom
587 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2009 :  18:31:59  Show Profile  Click to see Chimp276's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Sounds like she is about to shed to me as well!!
Watching them drunk is really amazing!

0.1.0 Hypo Stripe - Aero
1.1.0 Leopard Geckos - Marley and Lemon

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2009 :  04:22:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chimp276

Sounds like she is about to shed to me as well!!
Watching them drunk is really amazing!

I dont think I have ever seen Kellog drunk, but then I do only put water in his drinking bowl...not whiskey!!

xxx

Go to Top of Page

zandefloss
Hatchling

United Kingdom
245 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2009 :  14:13:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
she shed! argh! I got to see it as well - it was awesome! It was nearly compete except for the top of her head! What will happen to the shed skin now - will it go brittle and stiff? I'm wondering where I could store it for future reference lol, I think a book will be too squishy, I'm just so excited! she's so awesome! I'm off to buy a bigger viv. to celebrate!

YEY!

zan x
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2009 :  20:21:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
aw shes so sparkley and new

great pics, i love her boat hide

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

lucifer
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
780 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2009 :  23:07:05  Show Profile  Visit lucifer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HannahB

aw shes so sparkley and new

great pics, i love her boat hide

Awesome pictures... and I agree the boat hide is great

5.2.0 Cornsnakes: Lucien (Amel), Zero Kiryu (Blizzard), Aura (Butter Stripe), Montana (Normal), Edison (Lavender Stripe), Liberty (Hypo Lavender), Orlando (Anery)
2.0.0 Royals: Q & Little One
Twitter: @BlutAura
DeviantART: BlutAura
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2009 :  03:09:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is fantastic!! And well done on getting such fantastic pics, it shows her shedding really well which will be nice for those owners who have never seen their snake shed before. She really is gorgeous with such amazing colours and stripes.

xxx

Go to Top of Page

zandefloss
Hatchling

United Kingdom
245 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2009 :  09:50:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks, the boat hide is her fave! It's a fish ornament from wilkinsons, proper bargain! Although I must admit her new climbing snake vine is fast becoming popular, found her asleep midair this morning when I got out the shower, she's such a cutie pie.

I love her stripes, they're very bold now, I'll be interested to see how they change as she gets older.

Watching her shed was an amazing experience, I was very lucky to see it, I'm fascinated by snake behaviour, it's amazing.

zan x.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000