Elijah's first feed
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LittleMick
Yearling

United Kingdom
563 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2009 :  17:44:23  Show Profile  Visit LittleMick's Homepage  Click to see LittleMick's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Although it has only been 5 since his arrival, Elijah seems to have a lot of courage and curiosity, so i thought I would try and keep to his feeding schedule today.
His first feed in my company was still in the security of his faun, so I didn't stress him out.
I put a shallow feeding dish in the faun, I had to move the Bostern Fern a little to fit it in which made him a little cautious.
Defrosted a pinky and put it into the dish. Elijah tends to explore the sides of the faun but he finally went to the middle and found it. He started eating slowly, still abit cuatious I think, but then he hoofed it down. Then after a minute or so he went to his cave to chill.

So, overall, seems as though he is settling in nicely, I have a mind to pop to the local store now and stick my tongue out at them, lol.

0.4.0 Gerbils (Gemini, Pica, Gerty and Sasha)
0.1.0 Leopard Gecko (Elle)
1.0.0 Carolina Corn Snake(Elijah)
0.0.1 Emperor/Imperial Scorpion (Abbi)
2.0.0 Roborovski Dwarf Hamsters (Micro & Chippy)
Tropical fish - 6 Platys.6 Mollies.9 Glowlight Tetra.4 Pearl Gouramis.4 Apple Snails.1 Tiger Plec.2 Common Bristlenose Plecs and lots of babies.

kizzig
Yearling

United Kingdom
560 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2009 :  21:33:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad he's eating for you! Sound's like he's really settling in well! You could always show the store the pictures of your lovely snake before sticking your tongue out!

Kizzig

Our ever growing menagerie:

1.0.0 Amel cornsnake (Ziggy)
0.1.0 Amel motley cornsnake (Kizzy)
1.0.0 Housegecko (Eric)
0.1.0 Chile Rose Tarantula (Daisy) RIP Double D, We'll miss you... xxx
1.0.0 Budgie (Oscar)
0.1.0 Cat (Sophie)
1.1.0 Red Eared Sliders (Sam 'n' Ella)
Assorted Fish - Harry, Artie, Kev and Ebi.

RIP Georgina the Housegecko , Archie the Angelfish (17/09/09), and Daisy the Chile Rose Tarantula (19/11/2009)

Our Animal's Album: http://s986.photobucket.com/albums/ae347/klivingston234/
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2009 :  21:46:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is great news about Elijah! Am sure you were relieved to see him feed and it is so good that he is settling in with you so well.

xxx

Go to Top of Page

LittleMick
Yearling

United Kingdom
563 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2009 :  23:27:32  Show Profile  Visit LittleMick's Homepage  Click to see LittleMick's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks

quote:
Originally posted by kizzig

Glad he's eating for you! Sound's like he's really settling in well! You could always show the store the pictures of your lovely snake before sticking your tongue out!

Well I could, but I really wanted to dye my tongue blue and do an impression of a Blue Tongue Skink, lol, no seriously, I think they would just come up with something along the lines of... "It's not all snakes that have a problem in glass or plastic".
Anyway, I won't rant on about them, I'm just pleased that Elijah never had a problem.

His next feed I will try in a seperate feeding box, again plastic, if he looks as though he don't want to I'll put the Boston Fern in there with him as well as one of his hides. Just for some cover. His first handling session will be Saturday I hope as well.

QUICK QUESTION - regarding teh size of mice, going on various sites I have noticed they give mice different names, the terms I am familiar with are pinkies, fuzzies, small medium, large, extra large and jumbo. But what the hell are Fluffs, Crawlers and hoppers? Is this justa size thing?

Tropical fish - 6 Platys.6 Mollies.9 Glowlight Tetra.4 Pearl Gouramis.4 Apple Snails.1 Tiger Plec.2 Common Bristlenose Plecs and lots of babies.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

16 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2009 :  13:43:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congrats on the feed going well Mick, please for you

May Mother Nature walk beside you always.

Chris x
Go to Top of Page

LittleMick
Yearling

United Kingdom
563 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2009 :  19:23:17  Show Profile  Visit LittleMick's Homepage  Click to see LittleMick's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks Snakes.

One thing to add to my prior question (2 posts up), when it comes to upgrading to the next size food up, I noticed a couple of posts where people were feeding 2 pinkies or 2 of something else, when you are feeding double like that, are you feeding them at the same time or throwing in one and leaving the other for an hour or so?

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

16 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2009 :  21:50:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Personally i fed Chuie one pinkie, and waited for the bump to be approx half way down his body, normally a few minutes, then offered him another which he took as well.

The whole feed took about 20 mins total i guess. If this helps.

May Mother Nature walk beside you always.

Chris x
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000