Just a quick update on Elijah
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LittleMick
Yearling

United Kingdom
563 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2009 :  19:58:12  Show Profile  Visit LittleMick's Homepage  Click to see LittleMick's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone, I know it's only been a few days, but I've been trying to get Elijah used to me being near the faun, he still dips his head back in his cave when I change the water, but has ventured out quite abit now. I managed to get a couple of long distance shots without disturbing him. Enjoy. Not good quality as he was moving and the light was low.

If you can remember the photos of my faun setup, the plants were borrowed from my Leo viv. So here's the more resent ones I did before Elijah came home. I added a silk plant down one side of the faun just as an extra hidy hole.

Regards

0.4.0 Gerbils (Gemini, Pica, Gerty and Sasha)
0.1.0 Leopard Gecko (Elle)
1.0.0 Carolina Corn Snake(Elijah)
0.0.1 Emperor/Imperial Scorpion (Abbi)
2.0.0 Roborovski Dwarf Hamsters (Micro & Chippy)
Tropical fish - 6 Platys.6 Mollies.9 Glowlight Tetra.4 Pearl Gouramis.4 Apple Snails.1 Tiger Plec.2 Common Bristlenose Plecs and lots of babies.

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2009 :  20:01:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That looks like a lovely set up and a gorgeous snake x

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2009 :  22:02:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well done Little Mick, Elijah must be one very happy snake! He certainly is a beautiful snake, on top and underneath!

xxx

Go to Top of Page

LittleMick
Yearling

United Kingdom
563 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2009 :  14:19:01  Show Profile  Visit LittleMick's Homepage  Click to see LittleMick's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks, I love his colouration, I can't wait until he gets older and the red becomes brighter. I nearly went for an Anery, instead, but I think I'm glad I didn't.

Tropical fish - 6 Platys.6 Mollies.9 Glowlight Tetra.4 Pearl Gouramis.4 Apple Snails.1 Tiger Plec.2 Common Bristlenose Plecs and lots of babies.
Go to Top of Page

hiper2009
Banned

United Kingdom
2197 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2009 :  14:26:09  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Nice snakeling

0.0.0 Royal Python Het Pied 100% CB10 - Chaos
1.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa CB10 - Bow/Mayhem
0.1.0 Cornsnake Amel Het Motley CB10 - Fire
1.0.0 Cornsnake Caramel Het Motley CB09 - Whisky
1.0.0 Cornsnake Snow Het Stripe CB07 - Romeo - R.I.P

1.0.0 Super Golden Labrador Dog CB02 - Bailey

Wish List:
1.2.0 Royal Python - Pastel , Pinstripe , Lesser.
Go to Top of Page

kizzig
Yearling

United Kingdom
560 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2009 :  14:58:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad he's settling in well! He's got lovely markings!

Kizzig

Our ever growing menagerie:

1.0.0 Amel cornsnake (Ziggy)
0.1.0 Amel motley cornsnake (Kizzy)
1.0.0 Housegecko (Eric)
0.1.0 Chile Rose Tarantula (Daisy) RIP Double D, We'll miss you... xxx
1.0.0 Budgie (Oscar)
0.1.0 Cat (Sophie)
1.1.0 Red Eared Sliders (Sam 'n' Ella)
Assorted Fish - Harry, Artie, Kev and Ebi.

RIP Georgina the Housegecko , Archie the Angelfish (17/09/09), and Daisy the Chile Rose Tarantula (19/11/2009)

Our Animal's Album: http://s986.photobucket.com/albums/ae347/klivingston234/
Go to Top of Page

LittleMick
Yearling

United Kingdom
563 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2009 :  18:35:29  Show Profile  Visit LittleMick's Homepage  Click to see LittleMick's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks again, he found his courage today. Obviously I don't know how many times he comes out his cave during the day while I am at work, but I was off work today and he has only been in his cave about 3 times. The rest of the time he has been out and about all over the place.
I thought seeings he's found his courage I would try and get him used me being near and looking into the faun. So basically walking past it so my shadow passes over the viv, he didn't even flinch. Later on I thought I would change the water over earlier than I normally do while he is out so he can get used to my hand being in there. He was abit shocked and took a little cover behind the silk vine I have in there. But when I was replacing the water bowl he didn't flinch, so it's looking good so far.
FIRST FEED - According to the feeding card he is dues a feed tomorrow night, and as he has some courage I was wondering if I should attempt to feed him? Or should I just leave him be until the full week is up (Saturday)?

Regards
Mick

Edited by - LittleMick on 04/11/2009 19:34:50
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

445 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2009 :  19:06:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LittleMick

FIRST FEED - According to the feeding card he is dues a feed tomorrow night, and as he has some courage I was wondering if I should attempt to feed him? Or should I just leave him be until the full week is up (Saturday)?

He will certainly not suffer by being left the full week, so i would really suggest that you wait until saturday to feed him.

Having said that, when i got my corn snakes they were so active after about 3 or 4 days and were actually trying to come out to me for handling so i did feed them on about the 4th day. They suffered no ill effects and are now calm, handleable and are very docile.

So it is really up to you, but as i said above the snake will certainly not be harmed by missing its feeding day.
Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2009 :  19:25:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wicked snakey!!
Go to Top of Page

LittleMick
Yearling

United Kingdom
563 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2009 :  14:21:01  Show Profile  Visit LittleMick's Homepage  Click to see LittleMick's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I know it wouldn't hurt to leave him for the full week I just thought I might as well keep to his normal schedule seeings he is out an about.

Out of curiosity, how long can a Corn go without food anyway? I know Burmese Pythons can have a large meal then go without for a whole year, I think it's the females when preparing for breeding.
I presume though as Corn Snakes are smaller they they can't go as long.

quote:
Originally posted by hillzi

wicked snakey!!

Thanks hillzi

Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2009 :  15:36:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by LittleMick

Out of curiosity, how long can a Corn go without food anyway?
[quote]

About 6-9 months though it does depend on the size of the snake, previous feeding and body condition.

Snakes are able to slow their bodily functions considerably so their metabolism rate is significantly reduced, and they do not need to eat for much longer.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

hiper2009
Banned

United Kingdom
2197 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2009 :  19:00:07  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
But with out water it wont survive long

0.0.0 Royal Python Het Pied 100% CB10 - Chaos
1.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa CB10 - Bow/Mayhem
0.1.0 Cornsnake Amel Het Motley CB10 - Fire
1.0.0 Cornsnake Caramel Het Motley CB09 - Whisky
1.0.0 Cornsnake Snow Het Stripe CB07 - Romeo - R.I.P

1.0.0 Super Golden Labrador Dog CB02 - Bailey

Wish List:
1.2.0 Royal Python - Pastel , Pinstripe , Lesser.
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2009 :  13:58:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
stunning
he looks just how my mont did when i first got him..cant wait to see his orange start to come through!

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000