New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

16 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2009 :  11:07:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi guys,

Well i got little Chuie out for the first time today to feed him, put him in a seperate RUB and gave him a pinkie. He was a bit hesitant and tentative at first, but eventually decided i wasn't trying to poison him lol.

He ended up eating 2 little pinkies, and I put the rub inside his viv and let him crawl to his hide to sleep it off. I will leave him alone now until Saturday to digest, but when i get him out then i will take some photos to post here for u all.

The store said he was a 'normal' cornsnake? He is mainly red brown with orange patches near his head and very cute ofc, but then i'm biased.

One feed down and lots more to go i hope Just thought i'd share with you all and say thanks again for the site and everyone's help.

May Mother Nature walk beside you always.

Chris x

n/a
deleted

893 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2009 :  13:01:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Normal = Carolina.

Now I'm going to do something vicious: give you a link that turns a happy, balanced, one-snake owner, into a drooling addict with a roomful of vivs:

http://iansvivarium.com/cornmorphs.php

Enjoy!

Go to Top of Page

Stumpy
Hatchling

United Kingdom
418 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2009 :  14:15:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It should be O.K. to handle him on Friday.
I am just about to give my baby its first Fuzzy.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

16 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2009 :  14:32:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh i hope it goes well for you.

That is NOT a good site lol

far too many snakes that i would like lol.

Chris x
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

378 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2009 :  14:42:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Hawkeye ;-> Even more jealous now! Think my favourites are: Crimson or Hypo Miami, Bloodred & Tessera! As well as my Anery!

0.1.0 Anery corn- LegLess
1.0.0 Carolina corn- NoFeet
1.0.0 Syrian hamster- Jabba
0.2.0 Albino ferrets- Mable & Sue
1.0.0 Cat- Ned
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2009 :  21:47:37  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

LittleMick
Yearling

United Kingdom
563 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2009 :  21:58:27  Show Profile  Visit LittleMick's Homepage  Click to see LittleMick's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hey Snakes, snap on teh snake, I got a Carolina/Normal this Saturday just gone as well, he looks great. Can't wait to see some pics of Chuie, if you can get one of the top of his head.

I have a curiosity, I've noticed in a couple of images from different sites that the symbol/pattern on the top of the head are the same, this would suggest from the same clutch of eggs, but that seems a bit of a coincidence seeing that.

So I was wondering if your Chuie has a symbold the same as my Elijah.

Happy handling
Mick

0.4.0 Gerbils (Gemini, Pica, Gerty and Sasha)
0.1.0 Leopard Gecko (Elle)
1.0.0 Carolina Corn Snake(Elijah)
0.0.1 Emperor/Imperial Scorpion (Abbi)
2.0.0 Roborovski Dwarf Hamsters (Micro & Chippy)
Tropical fish - 6 Platys.6 Mollies.9 Glowlight Tetra.4 Pearl Gouramis.4 Apple Snails.1 Tiger Plec.2 Common Bristlenose Plecs and lots of babies.
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2009 :  00:34:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is great news about Chuie, I am so glad the first feed went so well. It is such a relief when that happens. Now you are a step closer to your handling...you are going to love it, but remember...self-control...a little at a time and be patient and calm. Cant wait to hear how it goes.

xxx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

16 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2009 :  09:58:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That would be interesting to record the identity marker if you will on Chuie, i will try and get some photos of it.

Hmmm ... cute little snake + self-control, is that possible?

I jest, i will. I don't want to frighten the poor guy just after I have started settling him in

Chris x
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000