Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

n/a
deleted

134 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  21:12:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I'd like to introduce myself and my new corn snake, I'm Tina and this is Medusa, I've had her a week and a half now, she had her first feed on Saturday and has had a "cuddle" tonight, which she didn't mind at all, but she is very very quick and tried to escape from her tub when I put her back!

I bought her from Surrey Water Gardens who were fantastic and very helpful.

Tina and Medusa x

1.0.0 normal corn - Medusa
1.1.0 cats - George and Meg
0.0.0.4 Giant African Snails

Location Cranleigh, Surrey

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  21:21:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks great!!

Good to have someone from round my way, where is Surrey Water Gardens, the place in Guildford?

Welcome to the forum!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

445 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  21:22:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the site, Tina.

Medusa is absolutely gorgeous!

If you ever wonder about something or just want to talk about snakes this is certainly the right place for it. You will find information on pretty much every corn snake issue and find loads of members willing to help and advise.

Welcome!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

134 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  21:28:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Hillzi, Waters Gardens is Guildford, yep. Great staff, I've already phoned and popped in since getting her, they're really going to regret selling to me!

One question I have, how do I know what type of corn she is?

Thank you!

Tina and Medusa x

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  23:35:23  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hiya, and welcome to the forum.

I'm not superbly great at morphs, but I'll still hazard a guess from the pic.

It looks like a Miami to me.

Don't hold me to that though, I'm renowned for mixing an Alligator and a worm before.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2009 :  03:11:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum Tina! You have found a great place with lots of experienced owners happy to give their advice and support. You also gets lots of fun and friendship as a bonus. Not sure how much advise you got when you got Medusa, but would advise the following:

1. Hopefully you followed the one week rule - leaving Medusa to get over the stress of the move and settle into her new surroundings by leaving her without handling or feeding for a week. Only putting your hand in daily to change water and straighten substrate, that way she gets used to your smell. Obviously she is passed that point and it is so good to get to the handling phase. My adult still tries to stop being put back in his viv and I never want to put him back. It is a case of handling for very small amounts of time to begin with, literally 5 minutes...then slowly building it up....letting him slide through your fingers so you both gain confidence in each other. But it takes a lot of self control to then put them back!

2. Make sure you read the care sheet on here, lots of information for new snake owners.

3. No question is regarded as a silly question on here.....it is much better asked and answered, you will probably find others who want the info too!

4. I hope you got as much info on your snake when you bought her....shedding history, feeding history etc. Start your own 'Snake Diary', noting things like weight, length, feeding dates and what you feed, shedding dates, health problems. I know it seems a bit over the top but it is actually really helpful keeping track of your snake's health - I even note when Kellog poos!!

5. Unwritten forum rule - pics as soon as possible! Which you have already complied with - so well done. Medusa is absolutely stunning!

One warning, corn snakes are addictive! And yes, the majority of us have stood up, said hello my name is **** and I am addicted to corns........and I am proud of it! You have only just started down the path!!

xxx

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2009 :  22:27:25  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
heya and welcome

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

LittleMick
Yearling

United Kingdom
563 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2009 :  14:03:02  Show Profile  Visit LittleMick's Homepage  Click to see LittleMick's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi Tina, welcome to the forum.

0.4.0 Gerbils (Gemini, Pica, Gerty and Sasha)
0.1.0 Leopard Gecko (Elle)
1.0.0 Carolina Corn Snake(Elijah)
0.0.1 Emperor/Imperial Scorpion (Abbi)
2.0.0 Roborovski Dwarf Hamsters (Micro & Chippy)
Tropical fish - 6 Platys.6 Mollies.9 Glowlight Tetra.4 Pearl Gouramis.4 Apple Snails.1 Tiger Plec.2 Common Bristlenose Plecs and lots of babies.
Go to Top of Page

kizzig
Yearling

United Kingdom
560 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2009 :  14:11:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi and welcome!

Kizzig

Our ever growing menagerie:

1.0.0 Amel cornsnake (Ziggy)
0.1.0 Amel motley cornsnake (Kizzy)
1.0.0 Housegecko (Eric)
0.1.0 Chile Rose Tarantula (Daisy) RIP Double D, We'll miss you... xxx
1.0.0 Budgie (Oscar)
0.1.0 Cat (Sophie)
1.1.0 Red Eared Sliders (Sam 'n' Ella)
Assorted Fish - Harry, Artie, Kev and Ebi.

RIP Georgina the Housegecko , Archie the Angelfish (17/09/09), and Daisy the Chile Rose Tarantula (19/11/2009)

Our Animal's Album: http://s986.photobucket.com/albums/ae347/klivingston234/
Go to Top of Page

Tizzy
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1202 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2009 :  16:13:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum Tina, you're the best kind of new member the kind who gives us photos (we like photos)

Medusa looks like a Miami Corn to me *wants....but can't have*

3.2.0 corns 0.3.1 Leopard Geckos, 0.1.0 Mad Staffys 1.0.0 Moggie. 1.2.0. Devils in training.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

893 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2009 :  16:50:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hi and welcome.

Yes, she looks like a Miami. Take a look here:

http://iansvivarium.com/morphguide/miami/

And here is a link to the main morph page:

http://iansvivarium.com/cornmorphs.php

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

134 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2009 :  18:13:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks everyone, this website really is great, mostly I like looking at other peoples photos! Looking at the attached link, she looks exactly like the Miami hatchling, its great to put a morph to her :-)

Tina and Medusa x

Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2009 :  19:39:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hehe i think with all the people saying 'nice snake' (i mean lets be fair, who can blame them ;) )

Where abouts is Surrey Water gardens, I may pop down there soon enough.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

134 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2009 :  18:03:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Hillzi, Surrey Water Gardens are located inside the Clandon Park National Trust place:

http://www.swg-pc.com/

Graham there really knows his stuff, in fact all the staff are great but he knows his corns!

Tina and Medusa x

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

21 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2009 :  22:01:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hiya and welcome to cornsnakes.co.uk

3 corn snakes
2 leopard geckos
Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2009 :  22:03:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hello and welcome

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

378 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2009 :  22:29:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello & welcome Tina.

Not to join the bandwagon but it really is a lovely looking snake!

Would loovee to see other photos!

Ben

0.1.0 Anery corn- LegLess
1.0.0 Carolina corn- NoFeet
1.0.0 Syrian hamster- Jabba
0.2.0 Albino ferrets- Mable & Sue
1.0.0 Cat- Ned
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

378 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2009 :  22:32:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
PS. Just seen the other thread you have of the piccys. Wanna sell her to me!?

0.1.0 Anery corn- LegLess
1.0.0 Carolina corn- NoFeet
1.0.0 Syrian hamster- Jabba
0.2.0 Albino ferrets- Mable & Sue
1.0.0 Cat- Ned
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2009 :  03:32:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Medusa09

Hi Hillzi, Surrey Water Gardens are located inside the Clandon Park National Trust place:

http://www.swg-pc.com/

Graham there really knows his stuff, in fact all the staff are great but he knows his corns!

That is bizarre....that is where we get everything we need for Kellog and where we have 'kenneled' him when we went away. I think it is because of them we went ahead and got a snake. They went in last weekend and were drooling over the snakes in there at moment. Where do you live Medusa?

xxx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

134 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2009 :  12:34:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys, she really is a treasure and such a great first snake (perhaps a little quick to try to escape her tub when she's being taken out and put back in!!) but sorry bengy I have no intentions of selling her lol.

Kellog, I live in Cranleigh and work in Guildford so SWG are just ideal for me, I went in before I bought Medusa and had a chat with Graham about what I needed to get, etc. really helpful couldn't recommend highly enough. It's great to go in and see what they have I think there lizards are just the funniest things as well!

Tina and Medusa x

Go to Top of Page

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2009 :  15:39:20  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hello and welcome to the forum....n great looking snakie....i want her lol...but i shall keep dreamin am finkin ma mum wud kill me if i got anymore snakies atm spec as im tryin 2 sell some of ma hatchlings lol...aaah well shall keep dreamin then lol :(

xx

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
r.i.p to the lil ones that i and mummy have lost recently
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000