quick behaviour question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

32 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2009 :  21:41:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
right i had my snake out today and he started holding on bit tight (not very but more than usual) and sort of pulsing or rubbing im not really sure, does this mean he's getting ready to shead?

n/a
deleted

66 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2009 :  21:52:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That sounds about right but ant be to sure, I've only been around one other snake in my life and it was a python, imagine that squezzing on you lol. Are there any other signs on a seriuos note like, eye color changing to slightly blue or any dulling to his/her skin, not earring as usual? If so prepare for a shed. Hope I helped a lil

I am Rogue by name, Rogue by nature.

http://www.cornsnakemorphgallery.com/

http://www.tcs-chat.TK/

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

32 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2009 :  21:55:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i can't tell if there is any change cos i only got him 2 days ago and have no point of reference

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

66 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2009 :  22:05:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh wow okay, try n go back to where u got him and find out his last feed and shed they'd be able to tell you. However two days just seems he's getting used to you. Don't worry snakes do that alot.

I am Rogue by name, Rogue by nature.

http://www.cornsnakemorphgallery.com/

http://www.tcs-chat.TK/

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

32 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2009 :  22:12:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i cant really contact the previous owners, its kind of a got it from a friend of a friend situation but could it be a digestion thing?

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

16 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2009 :  22:33:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think you've hit the nail on the head there mate - last time mine done the pulsing, squeezing thing round my neck he pooped all down my back and boy was that cold and smelly!!!

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

32 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2009 :  23:12:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok cheers

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  03:16:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum Imortalvalk! You will find that this is a great place with lots of experienced owners happy to give their advice and support. You also gets lots of fun and friendship as a bonus. Not sure how much snake care and advice you have been given by your friend but I would advise the following:

1. You obviously were not told the most important rule in new snake keeping - you must leave the snake for a week to get over the stress of moving to your house and let it settle into its new surroundings by leaving it without handling or feeding for a week. Only put your hand in daily to change water and straighten substrate, that way it gets used to your smell. You have only had it 2 days and are already handling it, which is not sensible and could easily be the reason for its behaviour.

2. Make sure you read the care sheet on here, lots of information for new snake owners.

3. No question is regarded as a silly question on here.....it is much better asked and answered, you will probably find others who want the info too!

4. I know you got your snake from a friend of a friend's but you really do need as much information about it as possible....shedding history, feeding history etc. Start your own 'Snake Diary', noting things like weight, length, feeding dates and what you feed, shedding dates, health problems. I know it seems a bit over the top but it is actually really helpful keeping track of your snake's health - I even not when Kellog poos!! It may be that your snake was 'blue' before you got it and is now in the period immediately before a shed, in which case it will not want to be handled.

5. Unwritten forum rule - pics as soon as possible!

I really would advise that you leave your snake for a week from now to settle in, that way if it is going to shed it will and it will also get over the stress of the move and get used to your smell before you start handling it. This is very important!

xxx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

378 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  12:43:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes some good advice from Kellog there. ^^ do what she says! ^^

0.1.0 Anery corn- LegLess
1.0.0 Carolina corn- NoFeet
1.0.0 Syrian hamster- Jabba
0.2.0 Albino ferrets- Mable & Sue
1.0.0 Cat- Ned
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

32 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  20:48:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok it turns out he just needed a poo. il leave him be for a bit and il aso get some pics uploaded

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000