Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptile Photos
 Not reptiles but super cute ^-^ (pic heavy)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Twi
Yearling

United Kingdom
536 Posts

Posted - 31/10/2009 :  13:56:04  Show Profile  Click to see Twi's MSN Messenger address  Send Twi a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Ok first off here's some of my ferrets, Tinkerbell(silver), Beanie(Albino), Demon (Polecat) and Angel (Sandy).

Here's tink when I first got her 6 months ago. She lived with just Beanie for a while because the boys were so big and she was so small, shes still smaller than them now but she rules them haha!

Bee and the boys

dog pile. First in bed is usually the one to get sat on lol

Tink being nosey

And heres some pictures of my little kitten He's a mommy look-i-like!

And finally some of skeebee playing with her pups (excuse the mess baby desided she was going to open one of my just bought bags of aspen just incase there was food in there for her )

This is my favorite picture of today

1.0.0 Snow Motley Corn Snake. (Mouse)
1.0.0 Amel Corn Snake. (Ginger)
0.2.0 Chinese Crested Dogs. (Skeebee & Yuki)
0.1.0 Bullmastiff x American Bulldog (Tsukira)
1.1.0 Ferrets. (Spike & Buffy)
0.2.0 Aylesbury Ducks. (Crispy & Nibbles)

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 31/10/2009 :  15:17:02  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
ferrets are cool but like polecats more,used to keep both when were a young un,do you work them?

Go to Top of Page

Twi
Yearling

United Kingdom
536 Posts

Posted - 31/10/2009 :  15:48:55  Show Profile  Click to see Twi's MSN Messenger address  Send Twi a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Nah, closest thing they do to working is chasing my dogs around the living room lol

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

42 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2009 :  22:19:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gorgeous ferrets there, real cuties!
I've never had indoor ferrets, ours always lived outside, we tried to keep Chelsea as an inside ferret when we first got her but she really hated the cage; went nuts and bit through Dad's thumbnail (he's used to it, he worked them when he was a kid). Calmed down so much when she was moved outside instead. They had a massive run with 2 hutches in it they could go in and out of as and when, lots of tunnels and interesting things.

I miss my ferrets God if I had the money this house would be filled; snakes, geckos, ferrets, cats, rats, pygmy hedgehogs all sorts. One at a time though, get myself a snakey first.

Edited by - n/a on 01/11/2009 22:20:29
Go to Top of Page

Twi
Yearling

United Kingdom
536 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2009 :  22:39:25  Show Profile  Click to see Twi's MSN Messenger address  Send Twi a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
lol don't mention fillinf the house with animals @.@ at one time my house could have been a petting zoo, 5 hamsters, 5 rabbits, 8 cats, 5 dogs, 14 guinea pigs, 16 rats... the reson I'm not allowed into a pet shop alone anymore cause I feel sorry and bring them home with me lol That used to cost soooo much in food and bedding for them all lol I used to buy bales of sawdust from the local farm haha

Now I'm behaving, I got my three rescue ferrets and my one bought from breeder cause I wanted to have the experience of lookign after a ferret growing up from young. Then I have my fish, my two cats (and one kitten) and my cresteds which I have always had cause they are my babies lol love my dogs.And we recently got Ginger because my mums always wanted a snake and so have I so she sent me home to research and then when I'd read up everything I could we went halves on her and set up lol

First ferret I had used to just sleep at the bottom of my bed, i gaveup putting him int he cage cause he learned how to open it lo.. These are pretty good they usually get most of the day to run around but recently we been trying to sort out the house so they havent had too much time out. But the cage is pretty big so they happy to stay in there. Bee is pretty much happy as long as theres food hahaha

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

42 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  15:25:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm finding it so difficult right now, when I lived with my parents we always had loads of animals around, at one point it was 2 cats, a dog, a chinchilla, 3 ferrets, 2 gerbils, 3 mice and 2 large aquariums of tropical fish.

Now I just have my two gerbils that my bf bought me for my birthday. I'm just so glad I'm not in student housing, I couldn't live without having at least a couple of animals around! Snake is definitely next on the list and then possibly a couple of leopard geckos. I'm really missing having some smarter rodents around, the gerbils are entertaining but not exactly intelligent, so later down the line I probably will end up with rats again...or ferrets (not rodents I know, but just as cute and cuddly).

I know what you mean about the rescue ferrets Twi, most of ours were rescues, the first pair, Trevor and Millie, were abosolute teddy bears, my 8 year old sister could handle them easily without fear of so much as a nip, quite often they'd just curl up and go to sleep in your jumper! I think the only one we got from a breeder was our most recent, Pod. Chelsea's brother Monty had died, and Chelsea was pining so much it was making her aggressive and hot headed, so we wanted to get her some company quickly. Saw an advert in the pet shop and when we saw the kits this guy had we just had to bring one home. Great thing was he actually gave him to us for free because he decided he liked my dad and knew that Pod was coming to a good home

Damn you Twi, you have me wanting more animals!!! I'll have to steal Tink, she's too cute to belong with anyone but me

Edited by - n/a on 02/11/2009 15:27:07
Go to Top of Page

Twi
Yearling

United Kingdom
536 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  16:14:50  Show Profile  Click to see Twi's MSN Messenger address  Send Twi a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hahaha Tinks the one I had from baby shes going through her teenage time. Nipped me hard the other week but usually once you hold her shes ok, she just goes over board with playing and gets too rough. I think funniest thing with ferrets was watching my brother freak out as Demon climbed up his jeans!

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

42 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  16:22:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh the "up the jeans" is always funny, just letting the ferrets out in the back garden and watching my friends jumping around squealing "Don't go up my leg! OMG it's trying to climb my leg!" has me in stitches every time!

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

42 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  16:23:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Out of interest what size cage have you got them in?

Go to Top of Page

Twi
Yearling

United Kingdom
536 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  16:26:08  Show Profile  Click to see Twi's MSN Messenger address  Send Twi a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
uuuuum don't know the exact size of it but bf could stand in it easily (hes about 6ft) and its just a bit longer than the average hutch and about as wide as two. Takes up a lot of space.

Go to Top of Page

zandefloss
Hatchling

United Kingdom
245 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  22:02:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by FelineWolf

Now I just have my two gerbils that my bf bought me for my birthday. I'm just so glad I'm not in student housing, I couldn't live without having at least a couple of animals around!

some of us live in student halls with a covert zoo, when inspection times come around my gerbil hides in the cupboard (and kicks sawdust into my shoes) and spaghettis setup is secreted in a bag, she's very well behaved in comparison!

Was much more difficult with rats, is hard to conceal a few feet of cage and 2 overly curious and begging rats under a sheet!

zan x
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

42 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2009 :  13:47:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by zandefloss

quote:
Originally posted by FelineWolf

Now I just have my two gerbils that my bf bought me for my birthday. I'm just so glad I'm not in student housing, I couldn't live without having at least a couple of animals around!

some of us live in student halls with a covert zoo, when inspection times come around my gerbil hides in the cupboard (and kicks sawdust into my shoes) and spaghettis setup is secreted in a bag, she's very well behaved in comparison!

Was much more difficult with rats, is hard to conceal a few feet of cage and 2 overly curious and begging rats under a sheet!

zan x

LOL I salute you!
So much easier with a 2bedroom house a landlord related to my bf who just doesn't care!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000