hello everyone
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

frai
Hatchling

143 Posts

Posted - 28/10/2009 :  22:31:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hello everyone just got myself a little corn only 4 months old found her on here and she is brill she's called norma thats the name she came with and it has kind of stuck lol so just wanted to say hey from the both of us!!!!!

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 28/10/2009 :  22:33:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey and welcome
look forwards to seein pics of her! cute name!!
feel free to ask any questions at all - nothing is deemed silly or unimportant

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

frai
Hatchling

143 Posts

Posted - 28/10/2009 :  22:44:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi thank you will do there is always something to ask along the way lol i will try and get some pics soon if she ever stays still
Go to Top of Page

kizzig
Yearling

United Kingdom
560 Posts

Posted - 28/10/2009 :  23:21:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi and Welcome! Can't wait to see the piccies!

Kizzig

Our ever growing menagerie:

1.0.0 Amel cornsnake (Ziggy)
0.1.0 Amel motley cornsnake (Kizzy)
1.0.0 Housegecko (Eric)
0.1.0 Chile Rose Tarantula (Daisy) RIP Double D, We'll miss you... xxx
1.0.0 Budgie (Oscar)
0.1.0 Cat (Sophie)
1.1.0 Red Eared Sliders (Sam 'n' Ella)
Assorted Fish - Harry, Artie, Kev and Ebi.

RIP Georgina the Housegecko , Archie the Angelfish (17/09/09), and Daisy the Chile Rose Tarantula (19/11/2009)

Our Animal's Album: http://s986.photobucket.com/albums/ae347/klivingston234/
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 28/10/2009 :  23:41:00  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hello and Welcome

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

893 Posts

Posted - 28/10/2009 :  23:41:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Welcome to the forum

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 29/10/2009 :  02:06:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum frai! If you found Norma on here then you will also have found that this is a great place with lots of experienced owners happy to give their advice and support. You also gets lots of fun and friendship as a bonus.

1. Hopefully you will already know the one week rule - leave Norma to get over the stress of the move and settle into her new surroundings by leaving her without handling or feeding for a week. Only put your hand in daily to change water and straighten substrate, that way she gets used to your smell.

2. Make sure you read the care sheet on here (which I am sure you have already done!), lots of information for new snake owners.

3. No question is regarded as a silly question on here.....it is much better asked and answered, you will probably find others who want the info too!

4. I hope you got as much info on your snake when you bought it....shedding history, feeding history etc. (If you didnt then tell me who you got her from and I will have a 'word'!!) Start your own 'Snake Diary', noting things like weight, length, feeding dates and what you feed, shedding dates, health problems. I know it seems a bit over the top but it is actually really helpful keeping track of your snake's health - I even note when Kellog poos!!

5. Unwritten forum rule - pics as soon as possible! Which has already been mentioned once or twice.

Am so glad you have added Norma to your family! Now you get to enjoy her! But I better warn you...it is addictive. The majority of us have stood up, said hello my name is **** and I am addicted to corns/kings/lizards........! You have only just started down the path!!

xxx

Go to Top of Page

frai
Hatchling

143 Posts

Posted - 29/10/2009 :  07:26:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi ya kellog thanks for all the tips did not know about number 1 as i have already fed her and handled her and she seems fine, she really happy to sit on my hand and have alook around lol, i have read somuch info on them that i think my head is now a book on corn snakes lol not that thats a bad thing. the person i got her from was really helpful told me everything i needed to know so no prob there (but thanks for the offer) yeah a snake diary sounds like a good thing to do. How do you wiegh them??

well i think im all ready addicted as alday i think of norma she is so cool lol

Thanks again xxxxx
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 29/10/2009 :  11:07:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
weighing them is easy - get some normal kitchen scales with a decent sized tub on top (big enough for norma to be comfortable in) and set them up to read zero with just the tub, then put norma in said comfortable tub and then that should give you an idea of how much she weighs
i really would advise leaving her alone for a few days, i know shes handling fine and fed ok but shes probably still freaking out about her new home

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 29/10/2009 :  13:27:38  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
heya...and welcome to the forum.....congrats on ur new lil 1 tho....cant w8 to c piccies of her....but i wud av 2 agree wit Hannah and Kellog wit the 1 wk rule...i know its not fair...(n we cant w8 to handle n get 2 know our new lil friend) but she does need time to settle in her new home....
but other than that feel free to ask any questions u myt av...as random as u like...im sure someone will be able 2 answa them but anyway welcome 2 u and Norma :)
Go to Top of Page

frai
Hatchling

143 Posts

Posted - 29/10/2009 :  18:26:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok thanks for your help i'll try not to handle her its going to be hard really hard lol i'll let norma settle in befor i get some pics cos i dont want to freak her out even more again thanks for all ya help xx
Go to Top of Page

LittleMick
Yearling

United Kingdom
563 Posts

Posted - 29/10/2009 :  21:40:35  Show Profile  Visit LittleMick's Homepage  Click to see LittleMick's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi Frai, welcome to the forum. It's a great place to be for some great information and tips. I've learnt so much already.

0.4.0 Gerbils (Gemini, Pica, Gerty and Sasha)
0.1.0 Leopard Gecko (Elle)
1.0.0 Carolina Corn Snake(Elijah)
0.0.1 Emperor/Imperial Scorpion (Abbi)
2.0.0 Roborovski Dwarf Hamsters (Micro & Chippy)
Tropical fish - 6 Platys.6 Mollies.9 Glowlight Tetra.4 Pearl Gouramis.4 Apple Snails.1 Tiger Plec.2 Common Bristlenose Plecs and lots of babies.
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 29/10/2009 :  22:14:53  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
heya and welcome

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

frai
Hatchling

143 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2009 :  19:45:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thank you to everyone norma is doind really well thanks again we feel part of the family lol
Go to Top of Page

frai
Hatchling

143 Posts

Posted - 18/11/2009 :  20:45:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi ya everyone norma is doing great she shed great last week i,ve tryed to put pics on but my comp is being stupid or is that me lol so ill put some on the facebook page thanks
Go to Top of Page

hiper2009
Banned

United Kingdom
2197 Posts

Posted - 19/11/2009 :  02:24:53  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by frai

hi ya everyone norma is doing great she shed great last week i,ve tryed to put pics on but my comp is being stupid or is that me lol so ill put some on the facebook page thanks

Hello and welcome to the forum

0.0.0 Royal Python Het Pied 100% CB10 - Chaos
1.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa CB10 - Bow/Mayhem
0.1.0 Cornsnake Amel Het Motley CB10 - Fire
1.0.0 Cornsnake Caramel Het Motley CB09 - Whisky
1.0.0 Cornsnake Snow Het Stripe CB07 - Romeo - R.I.P

1.0.0 Super Golden Labrador Dog CB02 - Bailey

Wish List:
1.2.0 Royal Python - Pastel , Pinstripe , Lesser.
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 19/11/2009 :  02:36:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So glad norma is doing so well...did you get to see her shed? It really is amazing. She must look beautiful now....hope you can sort out how to put pics up. Have you checked out http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14. It helps explain how to post pics.

xxx

Edited by - Kellog on 19/11/2009 02:38:20
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000