New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

42 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2009 :  00:34:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Heya!

So, I'm Kelly, a student, finally living with my boyfriend in Birmingham and away from the snake hating parents!
So, the natural step is of course to finally get a snake, I always kind of wanted one, then when I was about 15 a friend of mine had a corn snake and I just adored him, it was such a sweet creature, I even used to help out with feeding (and I'm a vegetarian, hey, at least now I know in advance that I can cope with the feeding side of things!)

Was just looking up some general info and stumbled across this forum which looked like the perfect place for advice and the suchlike.

Unfortunately purchase of a snake isn't as iminant as I'd hope as neither my partner nor myself have been able to sort out a job yet (I'm studying full time) so we're living off my student loan and it's just silly to buy an animal that you can't be certain of supporting, but I'm thinking it might be our first present to ourselves once a job is finally in the bag!

SO! In the meanwhile I will be around snooping, lurking, swotting up on snake keeping and posting any questions that pop into my head so that I know what I'm looking for once we finally are able to get one

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2009 :  02:17:36  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hiya, and welcome to the forum. :)

There's loads of info on here, and loads of other random stuff .

Like you said, any questions just ask.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2009 :  03:30:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum FelineWolf! So glad you are researching your pet before you get it, too many people just buy one and get it home before they realise they know nothing about it! You have found a great place with lots of experienced owners happy to give their advice and support. You also gets lots of fun and friendship as a bonus. Not sure how long before your will get your snake but would advise the following.

1. Make sure you read the care sheet on here, lots of information for new snake owners. You will find on other sites lots of conflicting advice and information, but it happens exceedingly rarely on here - the good thing about this forum is that it is discussed reasonably with all opinions given fairly....it is then a case of you making up your own mind about what you think is right because in the end you are the snake owner.

2. No question is regarded as a silly question on here.....it is much better asked and answered, you will probably find others who want the info too!

3. I hope when you get your snake you get as much info on it as possible....shedding history, feeding history etc. Make sure you handle it, keeping a close lookout for mites (small little black spots moving on it) - any sign of them dont buy. Start your own 'Snake Diary', noting things like weight, length, feeding dates and what you feed, shedding dates, health problems. I know it seems a bit over the top but it is actually really helpful keeping track of your snake's health - I even note when Kellog poos!!

4. Unwritten forum rule - pics as soon as possible once you have got your snake!

xxx

Edited by - Kellog on 26/10/2009 03:38:40
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2009 :  08:27:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey and welcome
feel free to ask any question - nothing is deemed silly or unimportant - we are all happy to help

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2009 :  08:53:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Heya.

No matter how silly, perhaps maybe a life saving question you may think is silly, is better to ask. Whats good about forums is that you can get more than one persons way/preference of doing things that you can change and try out for yourself.
Go to Top of Page

Dazzetski
Egg

United Kingdom
92 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2009 :  11:21:12  Show Profile  Visit Dazzetski's Homepage  Click to see Dazzetski's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hello & welcome, a question is only silly if you already know the answer & even then a second opinion is sometimes valuable

0.2.0 cats (Spud & Phoebe) RIP Stevie fat man
1.1.0 Royal Pythons (Syd & Sofia)
2.2.3 Corns (Ghost - Hogan, Carolina - Shaggy, Snow - Sparkle, Amel - Tango, Crimson -Fred, Candy Cane - Haribo & Normal Stripe - Go Faster)
0.0.1 Columbian Rainbow Boa (Escobar)
1.1.0 Variable King Snakes (Lancelot & Guinaverre)
0.0.20 fish
Go to Top of Page

Flatpack63
Hatchling

United Kingdom
331 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2009 :  17:04:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hiya and welcome to the friendliest forum on the web.

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2009 :  21:03:21  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
heya and welcome

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

Chimp276
Yearling

United Kingdom
587 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2009 :  21:24:33  Show Profile  Click to see Chimp276's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
the only silly question is, why do you all have so many snakes? Cz you will have more then one, they are addictive lol!

0.1.0 Hypo Stripe - Aero
1.1.0 Leopard Geckos - Marley and Lemon

Go to Top of Page

LittleMick
Yearling

United Kingdom
563 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2009 :  22:25:38  Show Profile  Visit LittleMick's Homepage  Click to see LittleMick's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by FelineWolf

SO! In the meanwhile I will be around snooping, lurking, swotting

Lol, I like it. Welcome to the forum Kelly, tis a great place to get all your info on Corns, I already bought a few books on Corns but since joining this forum I have learnt loads more. And I haven't even got mine yet, lol, shortly though.

Again, welcome.

Mick

0.4.0 Gerbils (Gemini, Pica, Gerty and Sasha)
0.1.0 Leopard Gecko (Elle)
1.0.0 Carolina Corn Snake(Elijah)
0.0.1 Emperor/Imperial Scorpion (Abbi)
2.0.0 Roborovski Dwarf Hamsters (Micro & Chippy)
Tropical fish - 6 Platys.6 Mollies.9 Glowlight Tetra.4 Pearl Gouramis.4 Apple Snails.1 Tiger Plec.2 Common Bristlenose Plecs and lots of babies.
Go to Top of Page

KITTYCAT
Hatchling

United Kingdom
492 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2009 :  11:26:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey n welcome to the forum its good to here of people researching b4 getting a snake

1.0.0 carolina corn (herbie)
0.1.0 snow corn (casper)
0.0.1 anery motley corn(diesel)
0.0.1 calafornia banded king snake (ozzy)
0.1.0 royal python (pandora)
0.0.1 boa constrictor (bullet)
1.0.0 weinmaraner (zac)
1.0.0 staffy (zeus)
1.1.0 cats (sophie n pepe)
0.0.1 fish (fish)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page