Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

n/a
deleted

378 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2009 :  00:01:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey guys & gals,

I'm Ben HELLOOOO...

I'm new to this forum but have been keeping my female anerythristic corn for approx 10-11 years. She is called Legless. I'm 23 so when I named her I was only 13! She is such a placid snake, never even tried to bite even as a yearling. She is quite long for a corn at 5 foot 10 or 180cms at her most recent shed!

She gets lots of attention & affection & I just put an online order in for updating her viv interior (hides, climbing medium etc). As soon as my wallet permits I will also get a new viv for her.

As I mentioned (& hence this thread) I am new to this site. I came across it through theroyalpython.co.uk as I just got a royal as my newest addition to my collection of two snakes. The royal, now named Chester, (male 80-90cms 1.1kg regular morph) was and still is a stressed out little fella who is calming down each day after he bit me when I moved him into his new home....

A QUICK REMINDER TO PEOPLE GETTING A NEW SNAKE TO LISTEN TO WHAT THESE GUYS' CARE SHEET SAYS & LEAVE YOUR SNAKE, REGARDLESS OF WHAT TYPE OF SNAKE, FOR A WEEK TO ADJUST & SETTLE IN! GOT A BRUISED BICEP WITH FANG MARKS BECAUSE I DIDN'T LISTEN!!!

Anyway I decided to join this site to in case I do get any issues with Legless, as the help I received from the guys at theroyalpython.co.uk was superb, particularly from Lee2308, who actually visited me twice to help with, amongst other things, heating issues with Chester. He is also a moderator on both sites and is a great bloke (Hi Lee if you see this). Also if I see anyone with similar issues that I have had with Legless over the years, I will try to help, but I will only answer with what I know, not a "sounds good answer".

Thanks for reading this and I look forward to getting to know a few of you over this site too.

Any ideas/ suppliers of WOODEN vivs suitable for a corn of 5 foot 10 @ a good price please reply to this thread.

0.1.0 Anery corn- LegLess
1.0.0 Carolina corn- NoFeet
1.0.0 Syrian hamster- Jabba
0.2.0 Albino ferrets- Mable & Sue
1.0.0 Cat- Ned

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2009 :  03:15:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome benjy. Firstly, how much did Lee pay you for saying that? !

Secondly, welcome to the site. It is great to have another experienced owner around to answer questions, especially someone who wont just parrot what other people say or give a sound good answer!

I have a corn that is just over 4 yrs old although I have only had him 6 months, and he is now getting too big for his viv....so I will be very interested to any answers you get to your question - was going to ask if myself!!

Once again welcome, I look forward to getting to know you properly.

xxx

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2009 :  09:31:10  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I agree with Kellog - Lee must have paid you for that praise (unless you are Lee and have set up a secret username to praise himself? Busted!

Welcome to the forum and glad you like the websites.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

378 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2009 :  11:03:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes I took a bribe!! HAHA. Only joking. Seriously, he is a good bloke! He wouldn't even take some petrol money I offered him as I felt bad he travelled to me twice!

Hi Kellog & Kazerella. Seen your names pop up a few times and you both seem nice too ;->

Kellog: How long is yours? What viv you looking for? I'm definately after a wooden viv.

Kazerella: I had long look at therainbowboa.co.uk. It doesn't seem to get the traffic this site does, prob as they are relatively new compared to corns and royals but (and to anyone reading) they are STUNNING. Do they make as good a pet as they sound? They are lovely snakes and thinking of getting one, but it won't be for a few months unless can do some persuasion?! ;->

1.0.0 Cat- Ned
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2009 :  11:09:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad you like us already bengy!!

Kellog is approximately 4'4" last time we measured him, think his last shed was about 58 inches. Definitely want a wooden viv with sliding glass doors, like we have already, but unfortunately money is an issue.

xxx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

378 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2009 :  12:53:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yer thats the problem. They're more than the glass ones generally but i think they are better unless you have a type of snake (rainbow boa springs to mind) which requires higher humidity then glass holds that better and the wood viv would over time deteriorate with the humidity.

Saw a guy on ebay who makes vivs, good pics etc.... 36 x 12 x 17 (high). Should be ideal for yours kellog? It works out about 55-60 i think with postage. He's got them on there all the time so check back wen your ready to get one?

1.0.0 Cat- Ned

Edited by - n/a on 25/10/2009 14:07:37
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

378 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2009 :  14:50:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kellog: 170397717577 is the ebay item number if you were interested. It comes with a bulb fitting too if your using an infra red.

And it is £45 for the item & £10 delivery. Sounds cheap to me.

1.0.0 Cat- Ned

Edited by - n/a on 25/10/2009 14:51:49
Go to Top of Page

Flatpack63
Hatchling

United Kingdom
331 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2009 :  00:16:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bengy_s

She is quite long for a corn at 5 foot 10 or 180cms at her most recent shed!

Is this her actual length or the length of the shed skin?

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2009 :  04:59:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Kellog: 170397717577 is the ebay item number if you were interested. It comes with a bulb fitting too if your using an infra red.

And it is £45 for the item & £10 delivery. Sounds cheap to me.

Thanks bengy...will look into it.

xxx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

378 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2009 :  11:26:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
shed length from about 5 weeks ago! She's not got the biggest of girths though. She's not underweight but cuz she so long she does look slender. But thats compared to my fat so-and-so royal python! How come? Am i supposed to measure her rather than shed? Obviously she outgrown old skin so too small for her so perhaps bit bigger now?

1.0.0 Cat- Ned
Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2009 :  11:33:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Any ideas/ suppliers of WOODEN vivs suitable for a corn of 5 foot 10 @ a good price please reply to this thread.

I bought a viv from this guy and would do again. http://www.trade-it.co.uk/category/pets-pet-accessories-pet-accessories-other/region/w-uk-bristol-south-west-avon-bristol/reptilesnakevivarium4ft-4067063.html?impression=normal_impression

Shouldnt be too far from you.

Go to Top of Page

BlueTongueDan
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1462 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2009 :  11:47:04  Show Profile  Visit BlueTongueDan's Homepage  Click to see BlueTongueDan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the site, Bengy!
Legless has got to be one the best snake names ive heard
Congrats on your new Python!
You'll have to get some photos up soon

www.youtube.com/BlueTongueDan
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

378 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2009 :  13:30:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cheers Matty if he sells them often I think i'll have enough in a couple weeks as been invoicing some my accounts Clients! Thanks for the link.

Hi BlueTongueDan. Thanks it is a cool name I think ;-> my Royal is called Chester after Man"Chester" Utd. Sorry if you not a red's fan! Yes i'm waiting for my 888reptile delivery (today or tomorrow) then will take some photos of her new interior (want new viv too)

1.0.0 Cat- Ned
Go to Top of Page

Flatpack63
Hatchling

United Kingdom
331 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2009 :  16:14:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

shed length from about 5 weeks ago!

I'm sure you'll find that the shed length isn't her actual length. The skin stretches when she sheds.
One of the better informed will tell you the ratio/percentage you need to subtract to get a more acccurate length.

Go to Top of Page

Chimp276
Yearling

United Kingdom
587 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2009 :  20:14:57  Show Profile  Click to see Chimp276's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Swell reptiles do vivs at good prices!

0.1.0 Hypo Stripe - Aero
1.1.0 Leopard Geckos - Marley and Lemon

Go to Top of Page

Chimp276
Yearling

United Kingdom
587 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2009 :  20:19:43  Show Profile  Click to see Chimp276's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
You need to remove 10% from the shed length, this mean ur snake is about 5 foot 3

0.1.0 Hypo Stripe - Aero
1.1.0 Leopard Geckos - Marley and Lemon

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

69 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2009 :  20:50:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL about the "sound good comments". I bet loads of people say them. Actually i bet people think i say them cos im a SNAKE MITE [:@] haha and im only 14 but im knwledgable :L lol

Joshua.E.S
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

69 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2009 :  20:50:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh yh about tanks I wanna get an exoterra glass tank are these safe?

Joshua.E.S
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2009 :  04:54:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am curious Josh....you say you are knowledgable...how long have you had your snake? How much experience do you have? Where have you got your knowledge from?
I just know I am a lot older, have been a corn snake owner for a while now and would never call myself knowledgable as I know I have a lot to learn still. I think everyone on this forum will agree that they all still have things to learn - even GP and Kehhlyr and Lewy!! xxx

Go to Top of Page

Sammysnake
Yearling

United Kingdom
606 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2009 :  05:53:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was very excited to become a hatchling recently and have just sent a reply to someone which did indeed sound very knowledgable. However, it's all other people's knowledge and experience - I was just repeating stuff I'd heard from several much more experienced people. This forum is great because you get lots of different opinions. I always teach my daughter to check out anything she is told or reads to make sure lots of trusted sources say the same thing before you take it as fact. If someone says something not quite 'kosher' on this forum, it will soon get picked up on (can I say 'kosher' without offending anyone?) Not sure that's PC....

08 male Carolina Corn ‘Saracen’
09 male Anery Corn ‘Twilight’
08 male Rankins Dragon ‘Keydo’
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

378 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2009 :  22:46:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cool thanks. I got some rope and followed the body exactly down from head to tip of tail. She is 5 foot 7! Measured it three times so she must be. Still quite impressive?

1.0.0 Cat- Ned
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page