New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sammysnake
Yearling

United Kingdom
606 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2009 :  23:38:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Actually, he's not 'officially' mine but my little girl's. He's called Keydo and is now 14 months old but sadly is brumating - again . I didn't know they did that when we first got him so it was a bit of a shock when at the age of 3 months he decided to take the next 6 months off sleeping . Hopefully he won't be under for so long this time....

Playing 'hide the locust'

Planning 'the great escape'?

Ahhh, snuggly! Will my snake ever lie still like that?

08 male Carolina Corn ‘Saracen’
09 male Anery Corn ‘Twilight’
08 male Rankins Dragon ‘Keydo’

meggi
Hatchling

United Kingdom
321 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2009 :  08:38:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Heii WOW he`s beautiful , my little bro wants a lizzard , his working on mom and dad (failing badly , he just hasn`t got the secret spell it takes to crack parents! lol.)

megxx
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2009 :  15:23:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
aw very very sweet!
does he have much more growing to do?

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

Sammysnake
Yearling

United Kingdom
606 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2009 :  17:46:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He's about 7 inches at the moment and should get to around 11 inches. He was only 2g when I got him - he hardly even registered on my digital scales! Now he's 58g but there aren't any growth charts around for them because they are not that popular as pets; not as popular as their bigger cousins the Inland Beardie anyway. Actually I should say not as easy to get hold of rather than not popular. They don't breed as successfully as Beardies and since Australia has banned exporting of native species, there is only a small gene pool to breed from.

He has bags of character, just like a beardie but is much cheaper to keep as he doesn't eat as much! He's definitely the reptile form of a pet dog - asking to come out and wanting to have cuddles. He likes music and reacts differently to the sound of my voice than he does to anyone else's. I just wish he'd WAKE UP!!

Hey Meggi, tell your little brother to tell mum and dad these guys are cheap to keep, don't make a mess and don't need walking. My mum fell in love with him at first meeting - maybe bro could borrow one to 'introduce' to mum....

08 male Carolina Corn ‘Saracen’
09 male Anery Corn ‘Twilight’
08 male Rankins Dragon ‘Keydo’
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000