i missed out :-(
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2009 :  07:05:37  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
yesterday the RSPCA phoned the other branch of the vets i work for........they were wondering if there was anyone to assist them with removing a '20ft python'(?retic) from a property........everyone knows i have snakes and a keen interest.........and THEY SAID 'NO' *cries*

apparently they couldn't spare me for a few hours and there were insurance implications........

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2009 :  07:07:08  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
ah ha! just had a thought though, i might have a look on the dark side to see if there's any threads about somebody having their retic seized by the RSPCA yesterday

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

37 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2009 :  09:33:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi GP,

Why don't you contact the RSPCA and say that you are interested, and do it out of work hours?
Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2009 :  11:38:29  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
you would of only ended up keeping it.

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2009 :  11:49:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
RSPCA could certainly do with your expertise GP! But agree with Lee about the risk of you keeping the snakes! xxx

Go to Top of Page

lucifer
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
780 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2009 :  13:38:31  Show Profile  Visit lucifer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lee2308

you would of only ended up keeping it.

I must admit that was my first thought ! Just don't try rehoming it on here I know I'll come home to find a 20ft python @ hannah's house!

5.2.0 Cornsnakes: Lucien (Amel), Zero Kiryu (Blizzard), Aura (Butter Stripe), Montana (Normal), Edison (Lavender Stripe), Liberty (Hypo Lavender), Orlando (Anery)
2.0.0 Royals: Q & Little One
Twitter: @BlutAura
DeviantART: BlutAura
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

893 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2009 :  15:35:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Well the RSPCA should be given the phone number of the branch where you work, possibly also your mobile number in case they need a rescue at night.

Right now I just hope that the snake was rescued and is being looked after by someone who loves snakes and knows how to care for them.

Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2009 :  19:30:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aw what a shame GP- someone I know moved into a new house after the previous tenant left suddenly one night to avoid paying a backlog of rent. Funny noises were coming from under the floorboards for ages, and no one could work out why, until the guy turned up one evening and said he wanted his python back...

he had let it loose when he left to keep the landlord away, but it had got under the floor and the landlord assumed he had taken it away.

It was 15 feet long. Still not been found.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

893 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2009 :  19:51:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SexyBear77

Aw what a shame GP- someone I know moved into a new house after the previous tenant left suddenly one night to avoid paying a backlog of rent. Funny noises were coming from under the floorboards for ages, and no one could work out why, until the guy turned up one evening and said he wanted his python back...

he had let it loose when he left to keep the landlord away, but it had got under the floor and the landlord assumed he had taken it away.

Stories like this make it angry. That irresponsible so-and-so shouldn't be allowed to keep snakes or any other pets! I hope the landlord sues the pants off him and that his snake gets found by someone who would not give it back to him.

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2009 :  21:27:02  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
it would have been a fantastic experience....
and although i'd like to offer my services, with my various animals as well as reps, and young family too, i have a lot of commitments

i couldn't possibly rehome a 20ft burm/retic, i wouldn't dream of having anything big enough to eat my other pets lol and some people will already know my thoughts on these species......i wouldn't want to own a snake more intelligent than myself

but if i did volunteer i could find myself over-run with corns........milks........kings..........etc so prolly safest not too lol

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2009 :  22:56:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SexyBear77

Its people like that who give snake owners a bad name! xxx

Go to Top of Page

KITTYCAT
Hatchling

United Kingdom
492 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2009 :  11:58:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
pity u missed the experience gp it would have propably been amazing a mind when i was in blackpool a busker was selling his 15 ft albino python for £100

1.0.0 carolina corn (herbie)
0.1.0 snow corn (casper)
0.0.1 anery motley corn(diesel)
0.0.1 calafornia banded king snake (ozzy)
0.1.0 royal python (pandora)
0.0.1 boa constrictor (bullet)
1.0.0 weinmaraner (zac)
1.0.0 staffy (zeus)
1.1.0 cats (sophie n pepe)
0.0.1 fish (fish)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page