Meet Bill!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

31 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2009 :  02:44:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here's Bill. He's a blizzard and he got here yesterday, promptly scaring the heck out of me by trying to strike at me when I changed his water. He's either two months or two weeks old (there was some error made by the breeder, either his ID number or his hatch date was wrong. No big deal and it'll be sorted out soon!).

1.0.0 Blizzard Corn - Bill
2.2.0 cats - Leo, Tinycat, Manny, and Willow
1.1.0 dogs - Kelso and Phoebe

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2009 :  03:05:04  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Very nice.

Do you want to fed-ex it to me??? it's the sensible thing to do. :)

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

31 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2009 :  03:25:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nah, I think I'll keep him since he's my first snake. Thanks anyway for your kind offer! :D

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2009 :  03:35:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So glad you have got Bill home now Chinchillazilla, must feel great (other than being struck at of course, but that is normal!)Dont normally like blizzards, but he is really sweet. Look forward to seeing him grow. xxx

Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2009 :  06:20:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
think its a blizzard thing as Zero our blizzard used to strike at us at any chance he got lol
sooo cute!

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

31 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2009 :  07:35:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I didn't even see him coming. The last I'd seen of him, he was sleeping off his trip underneath his aspen. The first real glimpse I saw of him was when he suddenly SHOT OUT of the substrate and gaped at me. I didn't even see him move, he was just there.

Thankfully, he didn't actually end up striking, just postured for a bit and then moved off to inspect his coconut hide. He's going to be sad when he outgrows the little hole in the top, because he likes to poke his head out and spy on us.

Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2009 :  07:49:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lol sounds just like Zero then.. he shot out at me from nowhere and headbutted me while I was changing his water aswell, hes calmed down a lot now - think he was just scared and reall nervous, but now you can hold him and he doesnt snap at you or anything cant wait for him to grow up!
aw bless i love it when they do little things like that - one of my royals Q sticks her head out from her cardboard hide and just watches me lol

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2009 :  09:40:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aw bill is lovely- Casper has a flower pot with a hole in the top that he pokes his head out of.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

devilsmistress
Yearling

United Kingdom
829 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2009 :  11:37:27  Show Profile  Click to see devilsmistress's MSN Messenger address  Send devilsmistress a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Awwww soooo sweeeeet! *wants*
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

893 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2009 :  11:58:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Congratulations! Absolutely lovely snake. How long is he and how much does he weigh? Give these details and someone here may be able to tell you what's more likely, two weeks or two months old.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

31 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2009 :  13:22:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hawkeye

How long is he and how much does he weigh? Give these details and someone here may be able to tell you what's more likely, two weeks or two months old.

Unfortunately, I'm no good at estimates and haven't been able to weigh him yet, but he's ridiculously tiny. That huge cave he's in in the picture is just a regular toilet paper roll. I'd say he's about eight or nine inches, which I know makes it more likely he's two weeks. The snake I originally ordered was two weeks old, but they told me that one was sold just before I ordered it and offered me a two-month-old as a replacement. It didn't matter to me, but they mixed up his details a little, labeling him with a hatch date of 10/7 and the ID number of the older one.

But I don't mean to criticize the breeder at all. They've been really great and a snake-owner friend of mine said he looks very healthy, which is really all that matters to me! I just want a little pal who'll be around for a long time (although right now he's so small that I'm going to be terrified to handle him; when he's near a light I can see all his organs and they seem so delicate!).

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

213 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2009 :  14:02:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He's so cute Chinchillazilla and I really love his name.

My new corn has an egg box hide and she spends most of her time with her body inside of it and her head resting outside on the top! Doesn't look very comfy to me but I think she gets a good view from up there .

0.0.1 Normal Corn (Cinco), 0.1.0 Ghost Motley (Sadie), 1.0.0 Amel Corn (Snuggles), 0.0.1 Classic Corn (The Stig), 1.0.0 Pastel Royal Python (Ba'al), 1.0.0 Pinstripe Royal Python (Paladin), 4.0.0 Cats, 1.0.0 Other Half, 0.3.0 Drains on My Resources (or Daughters)

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

31 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2009 :  15:46:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay, just got confirmation. Bill is two months old.

Can't wait until Wednesday so I can handle/feed him. I feel like I'm starving him... not used to cold-blooded pets, heh.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

893 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2009 :  17:17:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Ok. Btw, here in the UK 10/7 reads 10 July, whereas I gather you meant October 7 .

Weighing is easy if you have kitchen scales that are sensitive down to 1 gram: put a bowl on it, zero it, slide snake in, and read the result fast before snakey slides out . Length can be a bit fiddly, our own hathclings don't readily cooperate when I try to run a soft string or something down them, and they're obviously not going to lie straight on a measuring tape either .

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

31 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2009 :  17:53:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, sorry about the date. That's how it was written and I didn't even think about converting it. He was born on... 7/8, then.

And I have a scale that will weigh him, it's just that I'm not supposed to handle him just yet, so I'll have to wait a bit. Unless it's okay to handle him quickly just to weigh him?

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

893 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2009 :  19:37:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chinchillazilla

Yeah, sorry about the date. That's how it was written and I didn't even think about converting it. He was born on... 7/8, then.

And I have a scale that will weigh him, it's just that I'm not supposed to handle him just yet, so I'll have to wait a bit. Unless it's okay to handle him quickly just to weigh him?

Nope, lol! Best to leave him for a full week to settle in, but I fully understand, we nearly counted the hours during that first week !

Don't worry about the UK being back to front left to right inside out and upside down, we also drive on the right side of the road (meaning you Americans drive on the....wrong side? ) and we speak funny but at least where it comes to snakes we can all understand each other so you're totally cool as long as you don't FedEx that snake to Kehhlyr.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000