OK WHATS GOING ON HERE THEN
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

liverpoolmadman
Hatchling

United Kingdom
375 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2009 :  13:54:11  Show Profile  Visit liverpoolmadman's Homepage  Reply with Quote

JUST CAUGHT THIS SNAP OF WHAT COULD OR MIGHT NOT BE TOO SNAKES............LOL THIS I THINK IS SOOO FUNNY.

COME ON GUYS TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK??

n/a
deleted

893 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2009 :  14:36:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

What's the hide, please? Looks familiar, I think I've seem something like it before. Is the other end blocked?

Go to Top of Page

liverpoolmadman
Hatchling

United Kingdom
375 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2009 :  15:52:30  Show Profile  Visit liverpoolmadman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
its a piece of DOWNSPOUT that a builder friend gave me and no the ends are not blocked off its just because of where its positioned at the moment one end is tight against the viv wall its covered in the backing you would normally cover the back of a fishtank with think it cost me bout 4 quid for a 3ft piece

Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2009 :  18:29:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One of those snakes looks a lot bigger than the other... are they co-habiting?

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2009 :  18:36:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by liverpoolmadman

COME ON GUYS TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK??

Its gotta be 2 snakes.

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2009 :  21:57:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cant see how it can be anything other than 2 snakes and have seriously examined that photo! But why would you post it if it was as simple as 2 snakes co-habiting???

xxx

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2009 :  22:03:32  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Liverpoolmadman! long time no post!

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2009 :  22:07:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
PHOTOSHOP!!!!!!!!!!! xxx

Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2009 :  07:10:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

Cant see how it can be anything other than 2 snakes and have seriously examined that photo! But why would you post it if it was as simple as 2 snakes co-habiting???

xxx

think hes just having a joke as they are both in the hide sticking their heads out

its cute but be careful - like SB has said one looks a lot bigger than the other, if they are co habiting make sure one isnt being bullied by the other

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

43 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2009 :  16:17:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's potentially extremely dangerous mate. Snakes are solitary animals. They come together only to mate. By co-habbing snakes you're putting them under not only severe stress which can, in turn reduce their life span and also the risk of them mating and the female being to stressed/small/unhealthy to lay her eggs successfully. Do some research before you say i'm talking crap.
Go to Top of Page

Chimp276
Yearling

United Kingdom
587 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2009 :  16:37:03  Show Profile  Click to see Chimp276's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
kloe why wud he think you were talking crap, a bit presumptious i think! many people co habit with no problems. as long as they are being closely monitored there is no problem!
The forum is here for people to advise not judge, so you may want to alter the tone of your post next time!

Anyway nice picture, and maybe he means if they are joined in sumway they are no longer 2 snakes lol!
Do agree that one looks bigger then the other!

0.1.0 Hypo Stripe - Aero
1.1.0 Leopard Geckos - Marley and Lemon

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

43 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2009 :  17:25:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chimp276

you may want to alter the tone of your post next time!

I'm sorry but why would you take the risk of potentially decreasing your snakes lifespan or putting it under unnecessary strain for the sake of nice photos and to watch them 'cuddled up' together. They may look fine but how can you be sure they're not crying out for their own space? They're solitary animals. Why take the risk?
Go to Top of Page

Chimp276
Yearling

United Kingdom
587 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2009 :  17:34:27  Show Profile  Click to see Chimp276's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kloe2008

quote:
Originally posted by Chimp276

you may want to alter the tone of your post next time!

I'm sorry but why would you take the risk of potentially decreasing your snakes lifespan or putting it under unnecessary strain for the sake of nice photos and to watch them 'cuddled up' together. They may look fine but how can you be sure they're not crying out for their own space? They're solitary animals. Why take the risk?

I am not saying your views are wrong, and i personally would not take the risk! But people i would call expert owners such as GP cohabit with no problems at all! All i was saying is the forum is here to offer advise to people, not to impose your opinionn upon them. Give your opinion by all means, but other people may not feel the same

0.1.0 Hypo Stripe - Aero
1.1.0 Leopard Geckos - Marley and Lemon

Edited by - Chimp276 on 26/10/2009 17:35:14
Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2009 :  22:17:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quite right too chimp, we dont force people what to do, just merely give them a friendly kick up the backside if theyr'e doing something wrong..

LMM - Blatent photoshop. The little caro's head is too light for the contrast of the rest of tank, also you can see where the creater of this image has gone around the outline of his head - it just doesn't fit, and plus the caro's body is not there..

Nice try to whoever made this pic, fooled me on first sight. :)
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2009 :  04:34:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does that mean I was right???

Kloe - I know you are new to this forum but on here we treat each other with respect and that means we listen to their advice and accept their support....and for you to say that someone on here would feel you are talkingpoopis an insult to the forum members, who you havent had the chance to get to know. Please try and show the respect that we show you to others.

xxx

Go to Top of Page

liverpoolmadman
Hatchling

United Kingdom
375 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2009 :  18:10:15  Show Profile  Visit liverpoolmadman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hi guys, FIRSTLY LET ME SAY IM A SNAKE KEEPER OF 7YRS WESTERN HOGNOSED THEN CORNS and YES ITS 2 SNAKES one is smaller than the other and NO THERE NOT BULLYING EACH OTHER and YES THEY ARE CO HABITING and keep regular eye on them and they seem TOTALLY AT EASE with each other I UNDERSTAND PEOPLES VIEWS ABOUT CO HABITING but on careful consideration and complete faith in the PETSHOP OWNER (who calls in regularily) who I got both of these beauties from he assures me that they will be 100% fine and as the VIVS TEMPS ARE ON HIGH 24/7 he says that there is very little chance of them breeding before I COOL THEM DOWN obviously once she is up to weight which wont be long. they are FED SEPERATLY so as not to increase the chance of them attacking each other and seem totally at ease with each other in fact when I SEPERATE them for feeding they get extremely aggitated and look for each other. I understand KLOE'S CONCERNS and say thanks for them I am in contact with 2 of the MODERATORS here on the CORNSNAKE SITE on the telephone on a regular basis and will always take their advice when and where given. and THANKS TO ALL WHO HAVE COMMENTED the PHOTOGRAPH wasnt posted other than AS A FUNNY PICCY that I SNAPPED ON THE SPARE OF THE MOMENT and I CAN CATEGORICALLY STATE THAT the piccy hasnt been doctored in anyway. sorry for the long post guys but had to make my point.

Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2009 :  18:20:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got confused LMM from the title of your post, i thought you were asking what the pic was. I didn't realise they were your own snakes, and I am sorry for mis-judging you.
Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2009 :  18:34:41  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Don't worry LPMM, I always think that co-habiting corns is really down to personal choice and I know you have took a great deal into consideration before putting them together.

Feeding separate is a very good idea though

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2009 :  22:34:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Phew....at least thats over!

No questioning your snake caring abilites LPMM, know you are experienced and your only concern is for your snakes. Just the way you phrased the question made us all overthink.

Unfortunately it also meant I was wrong - it was a real photo not photoshopped.

xxx

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000